Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Club Autumn wardrobe

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As the bank holiday approaches I have no doubt minds are now fixing on autumn wardrobes.

Consequently I've just purchased a new top and a rather nice double sided scarf to keep the chill away from my chest. The top is technically a long-sleeved t-shirt but I reckon I'll be able to get away with it; I feel I've earned some grace with the length and pointiness of my shoes.

Smart, formal but practical day to evening (game to pub) without looking like I work in an office is a difficult balance but I'm getting there.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm going 1901 tomorrow and am thinking hard about my outfit. I might plump for my trusty Paul Smith tee with my raw denim Edwin jeans and Clarks Desert boots...but I bought this very limited edition Heritage Research modified parka about a year or two ago and haven't found an occasion to wear it yet - so it might get its first outing tomorrow. It is even lovelier in the flesh.

Look at it. Isn't it gorgeous?

Attachments

• coat.jpg
    coat.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 628

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
T shirts be they long sleeve or from Paul Smith do not have a collar. Therefore according to the Dress Code Police they are a no-go...for the male supporter. Try a shirt with a collar and without the Albion crest. Remember polo is a sport so any attire relating to this wil also not pass the DCP entry policy. Good luck and enjoy the experience........ it's choice.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I dunno, some of you blokes are worse than women!

Next thing you know it'll be "does my bum look big in this?"

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
T shirts be they long sleeve or from Paul Smith do not have a collar. Therefore according to the Dress Code Police they are a no-go...for the male supporter. Try a shirt with a collar and without the Albion crest. Remember polo is a sport so any attire relating to this wil also not pass the DCP entry policy. Good luck and enjoy the experience........ it's choice.

what are you whittering on about Sir? A polo shirt is a t-shirt isn't it? DCP?

Wassat then?

My Paul Smith polo shirt will suffice I think.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
A polo shirt is a collared shirt worn by those playing the sport that is akin to hockey on horses. A t-shirt has no collar. The DCP are this imaginary team of people that some 1901ers allude to who inspect your attire on entry to the stadium. The DCP are meant to stop anyone entering who doesn't meet the standard. The standard that is open to the interpretation of all and sundry and therefore pointless.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Gentlemen who wish to gain admittance to the 1901 club must take note of the dress code. this is an example of acceptable attire
Purple_stripe_waistcoat_PR_medium.jpg

Club ties will be required.
001.jpg

Access will be at the dicretion of the management.

This will be deemed acceptable attire for ladies who wish admittance to the 1901 club (obviously as the guest of a member only!)

thumbnail.aspx

with matching shoes obviously
thumbnail.aspx

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
That parka is qualitttttty! I'm loving raw denim at the mo, got some nice Denham and Edwin jeans. Couple of pairs of desert boots and chelsea boots, with a nice simple polo shirt and look the nuts! Also got a bargain Ben Sherman Fishermans parka in the US last month, for £40, compared to about £100 over here

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Forgot to say, really liking H by Hudson shoes too, got a couple of pairs for work/evening wear. Qualla!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm going 1901 tomorrow and am thinking hard about my outfit. I might plump for my trusty Paul Smith tee with my raw denim Edwin jeans and Clarks Desert boots...but I bought this very limited edition Heritage Research modified parka about a year or two ago and haven't found an occasion to wear it yet - so it might get its first outing tomorrow. It is even lovelier in the flesh.

Look at it. Isn't it gorgeous?

That's a great coat. I like the way it mixes parka with anorak to great effect. Nice colour as well, very nice colour.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here