Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
What pompous nonsense. No-one's denying anyone the right to their say on here. You post something and others either agree or disagree and mark it accordingly if they want. It's universal and if it really bothers people what their reputation is then they need to get out a bit more.

As I am colourblind it looks the same colour to me whether it's positive or negative, so I had no idea I had any negative reputation (or any at all, only just really looked into it). It's quite funny though, there are 2 or 3 negative votes for me under the heading 'Racist' which is hilarious, you couldn't make it up, I am without doubt the least racist person anyone has ever met, the posts in question couldn't have been less racist if I tried! I think the reputation thing is a load of codswallop, there, i said it, now neg me up!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
What pompous nonsense. No-one's denying anyone the right to their say on here. You post something and others either agree or disagree and mark it accordingly if they want. It's universal and if it really bothers people what their reputation is then they need to get out a bit more.

Sorry wasn't intending to sound pompous. I just felt that whilst there are many who will not give a monkeys about reputation and there are others who will receive negative comments and may actually revel in it, it seemed harsh on Phil that his relatively benign posts had provoked a level of negativity. Certainly not wishing to stop people having their say whether it be by post or by reputation adding - albeit a bit like Qatar getting the world cup the underlying reason may not always seem to be in the spirit of why it was created.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I knew this would happen, people arguing about their 'reputation'. It doesn't even indicate who is a 'good' poster, let alone a reliable one - you make a perfectly valid point and you get 'neg rep' just because people disagree with you.

It's a crap feature that has no place on a board that is all about opinions. Anybody who thinks it's 'good' is a shit-brained tosser.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I knew this would happen, people arguing about their 'reputation'. It doesn't even indicate who is a 'good' poster, let alone a reliable one - you make a perfectly valid point and you get 'neg rep' just because people disagree with you.

Thats easy for you to say, you have a good reputation!

(Joking, I am - you make a good point)

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

It's a crap feature that has no place on a board that is all about opinions. Anybody who thinks it's 'good' is a shit-brained tosser.

Shit-brained tosser? I wouldn't get so worked up about it. I would have thought it's a win-win. Those who care about their reputation (literally, not just with this new-fangled voting stuff) have a scoring system now and those of us (myself included) who aren't really bothered about green or red bars under our usernames can just ignore them.

I'm not a big advocate of the system but surely over a long period of time and with enough of a cross section of users using the facility it would definitely indicate a more representative view of who is a good/reliable poster or not for those who are worries about such things.

Anyway, I digress. Anyone who thought that joining the corporate club wouldn't come without a dress code is being very naive and anyone who thinks that children should also adhere to the same rules as adults is being a jobsworth. Just my opinion, like.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Errea always used to make a nice polo with the club crest on. Do they still do this? Surely the best option for 1901'ers.

We were told at the presentation that these were unsuitable because of the size of the logo. But then this was from the same rep who said that replica shirts could be worn in the seats but had to be covered up for the lounge and that smart trainers were allowed.

I saw last weeks farce of youths wearing something more suitable for surfing (shorts, flip flops and t-shirts) as either the club using the excuse that they were not adults (14-16 year olds they seemed) or because it was a ramp up event. I still don't understand if the club wanted you to wear shoes why didn't they just say that.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
and anyone who thinks that children should also adhere to the same rules as adults is being a jobsworth. Just my opinion, like.

We moved on from treating children the same as adults when we stopped sending them up chimneys.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I still don't understand if the club wanted you to wear shoes why didn't they just say that.

They did say this, pretty clearly, in the welcoming email for the Spurs game.

I am really struggling to see what the issue is with wearing a pair of shoes.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I saw last weeks farce of youths wearing something more suitable for surfing (shorts, flip flops and t-shirts) as either the club using the excuse that they were not adults (14-16 year olds they seemed)

There were at least 2 men in the Profile lounge in shorts and flip flops.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
The only thing I received said "no sports shoes". What is a sport shoe? I'm just glad my 9 year old tatty work shoes aren't used for sport.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Shit-brained tosser? I wouldn't get so worked up about it. I would have thought it's a win-win. Those who care about their reputation (literally, not just with this new-fangled voting stuff) have a scoring system now and those of us (myself included) who aren't really bothered about green or red bars under our usernames can just ignore them.

I'm not a big advocate of the system but surely over a long period of time and with enough of a cross section of users using the facility it would definitely indicate a more representative view of who is a good/reliable poster or not for those who are worries about such things.

Anyway, I digress. Anyone who thought that joining the corporate club wouldn't come without a dress code is being very naive and anyone who thinks that children should also adhere to the same rules as adults is being a jobsworth. Just my opinion, like.
Yeah, sorry I should have put a smiley face to indicate it was meant in a jokey way. Like you I don't care either way but once it was introduced I knew there'd be posts with people wondering why they'd been 'negged'. These posts just add to the noise on NSC and don't meaningfully contribute to any thread - and yes I'm aware of the irony given the nature of my original post!

Anyway, yes, dress code, I agree. I said on another thread I had no intention of joining 1901 and even I knew there was going to be a dress code. i think the person who said that the club weren't expecting 'ordinary' fans to join 1901 had it spot on, I think the club did think it was going to be all corporate and that the replica shirt, tatty shorts and sandals brigade would go somewhere else.

Anyway, not my problem, can't think why I joined in this thread now ...

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
it was quite clear upfront that this was the case so i don't see how people who chose 1901 can complain.

all the club need to do is release some half decent casual wear (stylish bha polo tops, free from sponsorship etc) and they'll make a killing. for starters, many of us who don't necessarily want to wear replica kits would like a choice of decent alternative.

just look at how many Albion fans have resorted to buying Hollister clothing.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
The bottom line of all of this is that whether or not the club notified people beforehand. (which they did PARTIALLY), you should be able to wear whatever the hell you like.

No one would dress offensively and enforcing a dress code is silly considering the amount of people in there who are just regular football fans. I'd dress smartly most of the time anyway, but on occasions where I'd just come from town or was out and about in shorts before the game, I would not take too kindly if I was refused entry to the stadium on these grounds. If you've I have paid for a valid match ticket is there a way you could avoid the lounge and only take your seat?

It makes me angry because there is simply no need for a dress code.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
surely something like this qualifies as smart casual?
003.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here