Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Club and football shirts

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So, a few warnings were dished out last Saturday. Are folk going to comply or continue to rebel?

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
I like many thought that kids would be allowed, but didn't risk taking the boy in colours. Saw about 5 kids and a few bigger boys in colours, however, my thoughts were - go for it at Donny. Are they going to clamp down at Donny? or are they still making their minds up? Were those at spurs warned - its all off next Saturday? Those that complied at Spurs, and saw colours will be nailed.....:drama:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I like many thought that kids would be allowed, but didn't risk taking the boy in colours. Saw about 5 kids and a few bigger boys in colours, however, my thoughts were - go for it at Donny. Are they going to clamp down at Donny? or are they still making their minds up? Were those at spurs warned - its all off next Saturday? Those that complied at Spurs, and saw colours will be nailed.....:drama:

I'm certain the kids will be alright.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

My 6 year old nephew wore t- shirt and shorts last week. Really can't see them applying the dress code to young kids

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
They'll probably see what else they can get away with - shorts?

2 or 3 in there last week with shorts. Seemed smart enough to me, but I see on today's 1901 email that shorts are now on the list of things that are not acceptable.

On a separate note, why should kids be treated any differently? If they are lucky enough to have been bought 1901 seats, why should they get different treatment?

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
Yeah me and a mate got in early and both hate doing smart casual so we were looking out for flouters. Dont mind what the kids wear obviously. But there were quiet a few wearing trainers but more shocking were how many turned up in scruffy shorts. Dont get me wrong, Im not in favour of a dress code that strict but just thought "If Ive got to make the effort..." I didnt personally see anyone reminded re the rules, but I assume that the club will give people the benefit of the doubt for maybe the first month then crack down.

The whole problem with smart casual is that it looks like a room of middle-aged middle management who love golf and top gear.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010

james

May 14, 2004
Lindfield
Kids wearing colours etc is ok - there was an question and answer on ATC recently. My son will be wearing his away top on Saturday and I will put mine on when in my seat!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
sorry, warned for what?

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
On a separate note, why should kids be treated any differently? If they are lucky enough to have been bought 1901 seats, why should they get different treatment?

Because its a football match not an evening at Glyndbourne or the queens garden party.

I suspect (?) by asking that rather odd question, you don't have kids? Wearing a replica shirt to a game is 'essential' for most kids. Years ago it was just a scarf that was essential - Now the replica shirt is essential garb for kids. Plus many adults too.

If any members of the 1901 club are going to suffer 'shock horror' because somebody doesn't have the 'required attire' on, I suggest they f*** off to some exclusive golf club or similar where they can spend their Saturdays with like minded people.

Seeing as some people were sold 1901 membership on seemingly false pretences, IE, misleading info regarding the dress code, will the club offer a refund to those who would rather 'rough it' downstairs?

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Hi Pinkie not much choice if giv en a refund there is no room downstairs as all s/t are sold what a todo....

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Because its a football match not an evening at Glyndbourne or the queens garden party.

I suspect (?) by asking that rather odd question, you don't have kids? Wearing a replica shirt to a game is 'essential' for most kids. Years ago it was just a scarf that was essential - Now the replica shirt is essential garb for kids. Plus many adults too.

If any members of the 1901 club are going to suffer 'shock horror' because somebody doesn't have the 'required attire' on, I suggest they f*** off to some exclusive golf club or similar where they can spend their Saturdays with like minded people.

Seeing as some people were sold 1901 membership on seemingly false pretences, IE, misleading info regarding the dress code, will the club offer a refund to those who would rather 'rough it' downstairs?

Not an odd question at all, you're talking to someone with several hundred footie shirts in his collection. I'm very disappointed that I can't wear my shirt, but I knew the rules from the day I signed up, and so did everyone else, either from the sales pitch, or in subsequent conversations on here, and elsewhere.

Bollocks is it essential for kids . I regularly go to footie with a group, they bring their kids (2 are now North Stand STH) including 2 or 3 youngsters, none of whom wear replicas to games, home or away.

They've set the rules (1901), I don't see why it makes any difference whether you're 14 or 40.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here