Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

15 days in jail and deported.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I think Sudan set a good example. I wish we took such a hard line over our culture and way of life instead of letting any and everybody take the piss of our leniency.

I reckon that's quite lenient. Maybe a few Mohammeds might give her a hard time in clink, but otherwise okay.

She might be advised to go on a bit of a hunger strike though, could lose a few pounds in time for her release and the tv interviews (which make her a few bob into the bargain)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I blame the parents.

How come all these ankle-biters reach the age of six or seven in Sudanland and they've not been taught that, y'know, naming yer teddy bear Mohammed might not be the best idea ever?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I believe in free speech and freedom...............hence my next stray cat I foster will be called
"Mohammed"

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
She named the bear after a BOY in the class called Mohammed.

This decision stinks. Absolute disgrace.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Just keep apologising and making excuses for these people and they will think they can get away with it anywhere, next stop uk, its coming then we will see if these do gooders shout the loudest then:glare:

You seriously think that we will get stoning and lashing here? You've lost your marbles. I neither make excuses nor apologise for "these" people. I do not wish to give them any publicity for which they can use to further their cause. This poor woman nearly got made an example of due to the interest of the international community. I wish we put as much focus on the just and appropriate punishment of people who break our own laws.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I had this crazy idea that it was something we were trying to encourage.

well when we`ve secured democratic rights for all men and women in these muslim countries give us a shout will you.

It would never ever happen. If we were serious we would have no truck with saudi arabia.

As long as you buy our goods we will keep shtum about you treating your woman like 2nd class citizens, treating your foriegn workers like slaves from the middle ages and then publicly hacking off their arms as a punishment for stealing.

They are Muslims for gods sake........................... they are mental.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
You seriously think that we will get stoning and lashing here? You've lost your marbles. I neither make excuses nor apologise for "these" people. I do not wish to give them any publicity for which they can use to further their cause. This poor woman nearly got made an example of due to the interest of the international community. I wish we put as much focus on the just and appropriate punishment of people who break our own laws.

Agree but that will never happen...sadly..toooooo many doo gooders....
always said that all do-gooders should be locked away with all the riff-raff the purport to support and leave them for six months to get repeatedly mugged,raped,house broken into and so-on just to see if they change

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Could have been worse.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Agree but that will never happen...sadly..toooooo many doo gooders....
always said that all do-gooders should be locked away with all the riff-raff the purport to support and leave them for six months to get repeatedly mugged,raped,house broken into and so-on just to see if they change

Fair point - I just don't see how any interaction by foreign countries in the exceptionally inhumane treatment of especially women in these countries is working? I don't know what to do except leave them alone to their own devices, withdraw all support, funding, place sanctions and leave them to rot. Sounds harseh but anything we seem to do doesn't work and merely incenses them to make examples of any western person they catch falling foul of their brutal laws.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
What, get away with applying their own laws in the own country? Good grief, whatever next? :rolleyes:

One of the basic foundations of democracy, that, I would have thought.

So you would of been a compliant citizen in 1930's-40's as women and children were killed in Nazi Germany................

Hey but it was the Law !!!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
The real problem is this............

We as a Country are importing thousands of like minded people to our shores.

Madness........ When will our useless politicians wake up to this real threat ?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
So you would of been a compliant citizen in 1930's-40's as women and children were killed in Nazi Germany................

Hey but it was the Law !!!

Pathetic argument - why did so many people flee? They knew it was wrong but many they knew they couldn't stand up to the evil of the Nazi party. The Nazi's were defeated and we have forever since been ensuring that they have been brought to justice for their wrongs and to remember so it never happens again.

There is nothing compliant about that.

Do you know any Sudanese? Do you know why they stay?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Pathetic argument - why did so many people flee? They knew it was wrong but many they knew they couldn't stand up to the evil of the Nazi party. The Nazi's were defeated and we have forever since been ensuring that they have been brought to justice for their wrongs and to remember so it never happens again.

There is nothing compliant about that.

Do you know any Sudanese? Do you know why they stay?

Read the thread...........it aint saying that Jews should of fought back, more that peoples have to address this barbarity that infests much of the Muslim World.

Your argument that if its the law then its the law is madness.

You are by implication allowing and in some way supporting the barbarism that has allowed another nation persecute a wholly innocent English Woman.

And yes that makes you complient to the evil of today that is Sudan and would of made you compliant 70 years ago in Nazi Germany.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Read the thread...........it aint saying that Jews should of fought back, more that peoples have to address this barbarity that infests much of the Muslim World.

Your argument that if its the law then its the law is madness.

You are by implication allowing and in some way supporting the barbarism that has allowed another nation persecute a wholly innocent English Woman.

And yes that makes you complient to the evil of today that is Sudan and would of made you compliant 70 years ago in Nazi Germany.

Your small mind will ensure that countries the world over will bow to what you see as the law. Countries are different the world over, thats what makes it a wonderful place to travel and witness respectfully.

She was innocent by your laws not by theirs. What gives you the right to impose your laws on them? They do not impose theirs on us, nor would you have it that way! So why do you want to impose your standards on them? Irrespective of whether you agree with them or not.

Do not ever mistake understanding as sympathy. Your accusation is pathetic and offensive.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Your small mind will ensure that countries the world over will bow to what you see as the law. Countries are different the world over, thats what makes it a wonderful place to travel and witness respectfully.

She was innocent by your laws not by theirs. What gives you the right to impose your laws on them? They do not impose theirs on us, nor would you have it that way! So why do you want to impose your standards on them? Irrespective of whether you agree with them or not.

Do not ever mistake understanding as sympathy. Your accusation is pathetic and offensive.

You will find that your logic will mean that you will be offended all too often.

What is it about the barbarism of Sharia Law that makes your world view wonderful.

I think the World is a wonderful place, INSPITE of places like Sudan and not because of it.

Women are flogged and stoned to death and you think that having an opinion that an English Teacher which called a Teddy Bear Mohammed should not of been sent to jail or flogged makes me have a 'small mind'......???

I have a view that in some respects we ( The West ) should not bother to interact with their World view and they too shouldn't interact with our World view, but unfortunately ots a wee bit too late.

Many Middle Eastern Countries will continue to persecute all other religions whilst we sit here in our Multi Cultural England with parts of our own Cities in total obediance to the local Mosque that have empathy with a way of life that is contrary to all our own cultural values.

And yes in a culture where we are encouraged to be tolerent to others and have a fully inclusive society I do feel that we are ahead in the righteous stakes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here