Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

15 days in jail and deported.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Stop being so defensive and precious....

You have said because it is their law, then they have the right to execute their own punishment as they see fit, irrespective of any perceived barbarism.....

There is an comparison with the Nazi question, and you fail to answer why that is so different.

you then whine and bleat about how shocked you are genuinely shocked at being categorized this way........ and demand apologies

Well discuss away in respect of the Nazi analogy ..........

When we went to war against Germany (which we tried to avoid for a few years) it was because of the invasions of Czechoslovakia & Poland, not because of the genocide that was going on.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Again that is a foul and exceptionally offensive thing to say. Your conclusions are both inaccurate and make you seem extremist. I still see the need for an apology and now from you as well.

Go whistle Dixie for all I care. You posted the crap that made me conclude that and your attempts to make me seem the extremist come across as desperate. You hold offensive views in my eyes.

Why is it illogical for me to conclude that you would have said the same thing in 1935 after the Nazis passed the anti-Jewish Nurember laws? Sovereign state passes laws that rest of the world find offensive and oppresses sizeable minority in its own country.

Could be Nazi Germany, could be apartheid S Africa, could be Tibet, could be Zimbabwe, could be Sudan. It's all legal. It's all internal. Technically speaking it's nothibg to do with us.

If you don't like the comparison then perhaps you could stop saying it's not out our problem.

Just read your little diatribe after this post. Dear, oh dear. You have got yourself in a moral pickle. It seems tat a fair few people seem to be "misreading" what you say. Perhaps, just perhaps you've either expressed it badly or we think your views are wrong.

Nah.....couldn't be that. I'd just better wind my neck in and let you carry on.

Last edited:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Having had Muslim neighbours in Huddersfield Big Gully, I can categorically (and politely, not rudely) say you are wrong.

The caveat was that 'not all' ........but to dismiss the Islamist problem here in this Country would be naive in the extreme.

The London bombings and many Muslims that have an empathy for those actions and the support by many for Sharia Law to be their prefered legislation remains frightening.

Did you ever speak politically or religiously with your neighbours...???

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Go whistle Dixie for all I care. You posted the crap that made me conclude that and your attempts to make me seem the extremist come across as desperate. You hold offensive views in my eyes.

Why is it illogical for me to conclude that you would have said the same thing in 1935 after the Nazis passed the anti-Jewish Nurember laws? Sovereign state passes laws that rest of the world find offensive and oppresses sizeable minority in its own country.

Could be Nazi Germany, could be apartheid S Africa, could be Tibet, could be Zimbabwe, could be Sudan. It's all legal. It's all internal. Technically speaking it's nothibg to do with us.

If you don't like the comparison then perhaps you could stop saying it's not out our problem.

It's not our problem. People accused the British of getting involved in other countries' affairs in the past so now we keep out of it. The United Nations don't like it for one instance.
There is still no need to be so rude. But then again, Buzzer, you are posting to a woman, aren't you?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
When we went to war against Germany (which we tried to avoid for a few years) it was because of the invasions of Czechoslovakia & Poland, not because of the genocide that was going on.

Thats the point...................!!!!!!!!!

Whilst extreme violence and barbarism and genocide was taken place.....many were sayinh not our problem and its their Country.......

That is the point........... you see just allowing such extreme brutal regimes to perpetrate their evil without a response is irresponsible.

As is to think that Sudan can do what they are doing because it is THEIR Law..

Get it...???

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The caveat was that 'not all' ........but to dismiss the Islamist problem here in this Country would be naive in the extreme.

The London bombings and many Muslims that have an empathy for those actions and the support by many for Sharia Law to be their prefered legislation remains frightening.

Did you ever speak politically or religiously with your neighbours...???

You are mistaking the view of a small minority for the majority.
No, I didn't speak of politics or religion to my neighbours. We were quite happy to help each other and receive cards (they sent us cards with Happy Christmas) and just be neighbours.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Thats the point...................!!!!!!!!!

Whilst extreme violence and barbarism and genocide was taken place.....many were sayinh not our problem and its their Country.......

That is the point........... you see just allowing such extreme brutal regimes to perpetrate their evil without a response is irresponsible.

As is to think that Sudan can do what they are doing because it is THEIR Law..

Get it...???

So, what do you want to do about it? Go and bomb them?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Big Gully and Buzzer, are you members of Amnesty International? Have you tried to do anything practical?
I have. I've written letters to Embassies etc campaigning for various causes.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
You are mistaking the view of a small minority for the majority.
No, I didn't speak of politics or religion to my neighbours. We were quite happy to help each other and receive cards (they sent us cards with Happy Christmas) and just be neighbours.

I am sorry Yorkie ..... the religion of Islam lends itself I am afraid to quite a spiteful mind set.

Not all, hopefully not most, but even that might be questionable.

Your Muslim neighbours would be demanded by they religion to have a greater empathy to an unknown Muslim on the other side of the planet than they would with you, they really would.

You may wish to click on the link below, from the Guardian. ( not the Mail )you may have to cut & paste ( sorry ). It makes interesting and worrying reading.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/religion/Story/0,,1804078,00.html

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I prefer to speak from personal experience of having lived in an Asian area in Yorkshire, rather than someone else's viewpoint, albeit a journalist.
Some Muslim extremists do worry me a great deal, but there's nothing I can do about that except pray that their plans are thwarted.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Big Gully and Buzzer, are you members of Amnesty International? Have you tried to do anything practical?
I have. I've written letters to Embassies etc campaigning for various causes.

Don't know what it's got to do with this debate, but yes I am. I'm also a member and supporter of Anti-Slavery International. I also support the free Omar campaign and have attended rallies and concerts and written letters and done some fundraising for all 3 organisations. Your point is?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Don't know what it's got to do with this debate, but yes I am. I'm also a member and supporter of Anti-Slavery International. I also support the free Omar campaign and have attended rallies and concerts and written letters and done some fundraising for all 3 organisations. Your point is?

You've answered mt point, thank you. Please stop being so aggressive.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Hmmm, I do think it's a TAD extreme to say that this situation is a throw back to the times of Nazi Germany. I can't be arsed to get into why but the teacher did, in a very minor way, break a law, albeit in a very alien regime to ours. I can see why she has been charged and accept that in the Sudan that is what happens. You cannot say that this is the same as agreeing genocide should happen because it's an internal thing, it just doesn't fit.

Anyhoom nothing that happened in Nazi Germany was legal.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I prefer to speak from personal experience of having lived in an Asian area in Yorkshire, rather than someone else's viewpoint, albeit a journalist.
Some Muslim extremists do worry me a great deal, but there's nothing I can do about that except pray that their plans are thwarted.

Its not a viewpoint its a poll that has is accurate to -4/+4 %........

Its the best indication you can get I am afraid........... but it doesnt fit into your own beliefs so you wish to dismiss it.........

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Hmmm, I do think it's a TAD extreme to say that this situation is a throw back to the times of Nazi Germany. I can't be arsed to get into why but the teacher did, in a very minor way, break a law, albeit in a very alien regime to ours. I can see why she has been charged and accept that in the Sudan that is what happens. You cannot say that this is the same as agreeing genocide should happen because it's an internal thing, it just doesn't fit.

Good point. Well made.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It's not our problem. People accused the British of getting involved in other countries' affairs in the past so now we keep out of it. The United Nations don't like it for one instance.
There is still no need to be so rude. But then again, Buzzer, you are posting to a woman, aren't you?

Excuse me, but what the f*** has Tede being a woman got to do with anything? What are you insinuating? That I am ridiculing her because of her sex? That I am not this forthright with blokes when debating? And you've got the bloody cheek to call me rude. I may be many things but misogynistic or chauvinist is not one of them.

And where exactly am I being "rude"? I think Tede has offensive views. I've told her that and told her why.

Seem to me you're floundering in this debate with meaningless asides and anecdotes that don't advance the discussion one iota. Resorting to the "sexism card" is pretty pathetic and highly ironic considering the subject in question is about Sharia law.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

It was legal...in their eyes and constitution as is the barbaric sentences given throughout the Middle East.

This isnt sooo different....you see the extreme views have initiated many attrocities already.

Bombing and Killings throughout the world and our own attrocities in London.

Already resulting in many 1000's of deaths, so the comparison with Nazi Germany is not so extreme as you might think.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
You've answered mt point, thank you. Please stop being so aggressive.

Aggressive? Where in my reply was there aggression?

I stated that I didn't see what it had to do with the debate, I then answered your question and then asked why you raised the question.

Hardly me asking you outside for a fight, is it?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Please explain!

Certainly.

With the influx of Eastern Europeans and Asylum seekers, and the increasingly 'pc' environment we seem to live in, the number of us migrating to Canada has increased several fold. I can speak from first hand experience with my brother who was so disillusioned with Brighton, despite having a good job etc, that he emigrated to Vancouver Island. His opinion is that where he lives now, is like England used to be when we were kids.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here