Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

15 days in jail and deported.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I think Sudan set a good example. I wish we took such a hard line over our culture and way of life instead of letting any and everybody take the piss of our leniency.

That is a very interesting point. It does seem that those shouting the loudest regarding the immigrants obeying our laws, rules, ways of life etc. are also shouting the loudest about the behaviour of Sudan and applying their own rules.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
You will find that your logic will mean that you will be offended all too often.

Find me a person who would not be offended by being called, let me quote you (and correct your spelling) "yes that makes you compliant to the evil of today that is Sudan and would of made you compliant 70 years ago in Nazi Germany".... so I fail to understand your logic....

and I also fail to see what your argument is with the rest of that diatribe especially this bit? "Women are flogged and stoned to death and you think that having an opinion that an English Teacher which called a Teddy Bear Mohammed should not of been sent to jail or flogged makes me have a 'small mind'......"

Quote me where I have agreed with any of this punishment? Where I have condoned or agreed with it? Whether right or wrong, it is their law. For you not to see that point makes you small minded.

Argue til the cows come home about what we can do about this, and what how we can ensure it never takes hold in our country, but I say this again....you have mistaken my understanding of this fact for being a sympathiser. Wrong on all counts. Given your inability to see these simple facts I'm sure you wouldn't come to the conclusion that you owe me an apology. But you should.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
With all this Nazi talk, is Tedebear's avatar a sign of what's likely to happen to the bear in question?

If so, could some sort of hostage swap with Pudsey Bear be arranged?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Find me a person who would not be offended by being called, let me quote you (and correct your spelling) "yes that makes you compliant to the evil of today that is Sudan and would of made you compliant 70 years ago in Nazi Germany".... so I fail to understand your logic....

and I also fail to see what your argument is with the rest of that diatribe especially this bit? "Women are flogged and stoned to death and you think that having an opinion that an English Teacher which called a Teddy Bear Mohammed should not of been sent to jail or flogged makes me have a 'small mind'......"

Quote me where I have agreed with any of this punishment? Where I have condoned or agreed with it? Whether right or wrong, it is their law. For you not to see that point makes you small minded.

Argue til the cows come home about what we can do about this, and what how we can ensure it never takes hold in our country, but I say this again....you have mistaken my understanding of this fact for being a sympathiser. Wrong on all counts. Given your inability to see these simple facts I'm sure you wouldn't come to the conclusion that you owe me an apology. But you should.

If your soul argument was to inform me that this is their Law and nothing else then what a waste of time you are.

Everyone knows that ???

But thanks for clearing that up.

The broader argument has evolved to how should we react to such punishment when the 'victim' is a British Citizen and how should we react to the barbarisms many Countries in the Middle East regularly subscribe to.

If we suspect that most will think that this punishment is an outrage, how do we look within our own society where this type of punishment might be supported within our Muslim Communities in contrast to our own evolved culture.

You want an apology and pointed out a spelling mistake............you really are a precious little thing aren't you.???

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Me and my teddy bear,

Got no worries got no care.

Are they paying her fare home?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
If your soul argument was to inform me that this is their Law and nothing else then what a waste of time you are.

Everyone knows that ???

But thanks for clearing that up.

Do they all know that? Seems you don't and have chosen to call me offensive things on the back of it..I wouldn't be on this thread if you hadn't jumped to wild conclusions about my previous posts.

Apology would still be in order.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Do they all know that? Seems you don't and have chosen to call me offensive things on the back of it..I wouldn't be on this thread if you hadn't jumped to wild conclusions about my previous posts.

yes they do all know that......how else is it happening ??

Jeeeeeeez...an apology....................

Any chance of you actually offering an opinion then......????

This is why we are here, accept you feel sooo smug and superior your just here to comment on spelling and telling us all that 'its the law you know'..........GREAT

You sound a patronising, smug git to be honest......

Ooooooops no doubt you are offended again....

Get over it..........

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Your small mind will ensure that countries the world over will bow to what you see as the law. Countries are different the world over, thats what makes it a wonderful place to travel and witness respectfully.

She was innocent by your laws not by theirs. What gives you the right to impose your laws on them? They do not impose theirs on us, nor would you have it that way! So why do you want to impose your standards on them? Irrespective of whether you agree with them or not.

Do not ever mistake understanding as sympathy. Your accusation is pathetic and offensive.

absolute bollocks. The analogy DOES hold true. What right did the British have for stopping Nazi Germany? They elected a government, That government passed laws persecuting people.

Where's the difference?

The accuation IS offensive but it's also true. Turn a blind eye to this sort of thing and we are complicit.

Do you disagree with Amnesty International? They try and stop oppressive regimes from imposing these stupid and nasty laws on their people. BUT in a lot of cases it is the law. In your world Amnesty ought to shut up.

Yours and BAG's naivete is breathtaking.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

I see no need for an apology at all. Your logic in this thread makes me conclude that you would have said there was nothing we could do to intervene in Nazi Germany.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Do you disagree with Amnesty International? They try and stop oppressive regimes from imposing these stupid and nasty laws on their people. BUT in a lot of cases it is the law. In your world Amnesty ought to shut up.
Do you have to be so rude when you disagree with people's viewpoints? Amnesty International fight for Human Rights not to change religious laws which have stood for centuries (rightly or wrongly and however they are misused)
They campaign for specific offences caused by those in power (ie once an offence has been committed) They do not fight regimes imposing their powers in the first place. There is a difference.
http://www.amnesty.org/

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
absolute bollocks. The analogy DOES hold true. What right did the British have for stopping Nazi Germany? They elected a government, That government passed laws persecuting people.

Where's the difference?

The accuation IS offensive but it's also true. Turn a blind eye to this sort of thing and we are complicit.

Yours and BAG's naivete is breathtaking.

You have also made the mistake of reading what YOU want to see in my posts. I have not turned a blind eye as you put it. I was merely stating facts way back when this started, and due to several posters reading magical things into my posts, for which I felt I had to correct, I have been called a Nazi sympathiser and "compliant" with whats happening in the Sudan. Do I disagree with Amnesty? What a joke question. IF you'd actually read my posts and not jumped on biggullys bandwagon, you would have read my thoughts on these crimes and punishments and known I feel them dispicable and henious. You haven't a clue what I've previously done to assist an organisation similar to Amnesty.

Go jump Buzzer, wind your neck in and pick on something where you've actually read AND UNDERSTOOD what I posted.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Tedebear, I can understand you being upset but it's Buzzer not Bozza.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I see no need for an apology at all. Your logic in this thread makes me conclude that you would have said there was nothing we could do to intervene in Nazi Germany.

Again that is a foul and exceptionally offensive thing to say. Your conclusions are both inaccurate and make you seem extremist. I still see the need for an apology and now from you as well.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Do you have to be so rude when you disagree with people's viewpoints? Amnesty International fight for Human Rights not to change religious laws which have stood for centuries (rightly or wrongly and however they are misused)
They campaign for specific offences caused by those in power (ie once an offence has been committed) They do not fight regimes imposing their powers in the first place. There is a difference.
http://www.amnesty.org/

Thats just it Yorkie......we DO have the right to be 'rude' and question other peoples view.....

You see our Culture has evolved through the centuries and not stuck back in 9th Century where a quite brutal and cruel culture prevails........

Most Middle Eastern Countries derive their Laws from Religion...in fact Sharia Law is Religious/Islamic Law and is a barbaric intolerent and extreme sexist Law you are ever likely to come across.

I have no doubt that amnesty international would fight the religious zealots if they could, but havent a chance. Especially when people such as you do give their existance some support.

The real challenge is are own Muslim Community, not all, I accept.

But there has been much support of Sharia Law in our own Cities, and many Muslim support this stand.

Our Muslim neighbours will have a sizeable support for allowing this English teacher to be flogged, they would want it done here......

That is the real problem.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Having had Muslim neighbours in Huddersfield Big Gully, I can categorically (and politely, not rudely) say you are wrong.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Again that is a foul and exceptionally offensive thing to say. Your conclusions are both inaccurate and make you seem extremist. I still see the need for an apology and now from you as well.

Stop being so defensive and precious....

You have said because it is their law, then they have the right to execute their own punishment as they see fit, irrespective of any perceived barbarism.....

There is an comparison with the Nazi question, and you fail to answer why that is so different.

you then whine and bleat about how shocked you are genuinely shocked at being categorized this way........ and demand apologies

Well discuss away in respect of the Nazi analogy ..........

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Outrageous. We have to stand up to thses fundimentalists. Where will it end? I know, NCP saying it is inappropiate to hold a CHRISTMAS party in the UK. We are losing the war folks.

I believe Canada is the new England if you want to go back to how things used to be

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here