Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

15,500 Season Tickets at Falmer

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just read the article on the Argus website about fans not being priced out at Falmer and saw that there will be 15,500 season tickets available at Falmer. I take it the away tickets are about 2,500 plus the corporate seats are about 2,500 so if we were to sell all 15,500 season tickets there would only be approx 3000 tickets available for each home game?! I'm not exactly dissing this as if we can sell out every game that's brilliant BUT I would say i'm worried about getting tickets easily (esp for the 1st game at Falmer) if there's so few on general sale. I don't want to start a 'i'm a better fan than you' thread but it would be slightly unfair on fans like myslef who don't get season tickets because of other commitments like working / playing football / or financial reasons to not be able to get a ticket for that 1st game - especially for those that have endured Withdean for 10 years and gone to many away games... Just a thought but in a way i'm shitting it I won't get a ticket for that first game!!!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
i know 14 people who are getting a season ticket at Falmer but hardly ever set foot in Withdean.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm not saying it's a bad thing at all if we sell all 15000 - i love the club and the more money the better - i guess we'll have to except we will attract 'new' fans... It's just a bit worrying after all the campaigning etc that some people may miss out on that 1st game - it's just sods law really...

I also know shed loads of people who SAY they're gonna get a season ticket there who don't even support the albion...

How many season tickets do other people think we'll sell - i reckon at least 12k...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I know someone who has bought 4 x 5-year GOLD packages, who has NEVER been to Withdean...

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
after 4seasons sitting in the rain at withdean i will be well pissed if idont get a ticket for first game at falmer BUT IT WILL BE OK:clap2:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
15,500 season tickets v 3,000 walk ups sounds OK to me, and if we're half decent, I reckon we'll sell those 15,500 season tickets too.

I'd be surprised if those STs weren't transferrable, meaning that individuals could use a STH's ticket when the opportunity arose. In fact, I'd think it was important that they are transferrable.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If we have 15500 season ticket holders at Falmer I have to confess I won't give a shit if some people can't get tickets to games. there have been games (not many I admit) when I couldn't get a ticket and I've been going since Ben's Grandad was possibly not even a Dad. :lolol:

I think it will be fecking amazing to have that many season ticket holders and if a few people blow out now and again, oh well. Sorry.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
My only worry is that many people will buy a season ticket (corporates especially) and then not ACTUALLY use it. I know the club will still have the money but it may mean some fans miss out to go cause the game is 'sold out'.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
15,500 season tickets v 3,000 walk ups sounds OK to me, and if we're half decent, I reckon we'll sell those 15,500 season tickets too.

I'd be surprised if those STs weren't transferrable, meaning that individuals could use a STH's ticket when the opportunity arose. In fact, I'd think it was important that they are transferrable.

If they are going to have those smart card type things it will be much harder to sell individual match tickets to people, espically over NSC

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
I have a Man Ure supporting mate who lives in Worthing that will be buying a season ticket for the Albion at Falmer, I am pleased he is coming with me, he claims he has always had a soft spot for the Albion, lets see if we can fully convert him!
The more new fans the better I say.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
My only worry is that many people will buy a season ticket (corporates especially) and then not ACTUALLY use it. I know the club will still have the money but it may mean some fans miss out to go cause the game is 'sold out'.

Always going to happen and not just in the corporate bit. Just look at an Arsenal home game in the Champions League. Loads of empty spaces.

Can't see the problem myself with there only being 3k seats available per game if it's means we sell 15k season tickets. If people can't afford a season ticket then they'll just need to be a bit more organised about getting tickets. Can't see how it is any different to any other popular event.

Also the club have already said about it being a smart card type entry system so I'm sure they'll put in ticket exchange schemes like several clubs have where they simply turn the ticket off for the season ticket and then allocate it to another card for the one game.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
If we do sell 15,500 STs at Falmer then I would be delighted, and would say a big 'Well Done' to the club, as it means the prices were competitive.

However that means we would be selling 4 times the number of STs we have the moment. Can't see that TBH.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

So if there are 'Corporate' STs - are the 2,500 Corporate on top of the 15,500, or 12,500 'normal' ST plus 2,500 Corp?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I think there is a very good chance we will sell most of the 15,000 season tickets but I reckon the only people who will be disappointed will be those who leave buying one to the last minute.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If we have 15500 season ticket holders at Falmer I have to confess I won't give a shit if some people can't get tickets to games. there have been games (not many I admit) when I couldn't get a ticket and I've been going since Ben's Grandad was possibly not even a Dad. :lolol:

I think it will be fecking amazing to have that many season ticket holders and if a few people blow out now and again, oh well. Sorry.

I don't blame you for feeling that way mate - I just hope like someone else said that white members (esp those with a long history of tickets / former ST holders) get priority for the tickets on general sale - that must be the fairest way... I guss times will change and we'll get a lot more fans... It's that first game i'm worried about!

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Selling all these season tickets will be great.I think we've only averaged 15/16000 on fifteen or sixteen occasions in our 100+ years.

Course,being distant from Falmer I won't be buying one,so I'll just have to be a "walk up and hoper."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here