Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

14 Year Old Sikh Girl Makes Our Country Look Stupid

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Christians must be able to drink alcohol, isn't that what they do when taking communion?

Nope - at Communion Christians - and particularly Catholics - genuinely believe that they are drinking the blood of Christ. At Communion, the bread and wine are transformed by The Miracle of Transubstantiation into the "actual body and blood of Christ".

Jesus turned water into wine, and he served it at the last supper.

Nope - he did this at a wedding and only when pushed. The guests were surprised that the host saved the best wine (Jesus' stuff) for the end. This was not at the Last Supper.

At the Last Supper Jesus instructed the disciples to drink the wine and break bread together in remembrance of him. that might be where your confusion comes from.

I'm not a Christian by the way. I'm a Humanist - it's just that I listened in skool!

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
And Fat.

Seriously - Is She Really 14? She Looks Like A Lardy Bernard Bresslaw.

Which One Is Which? It's A Toughy, I'll Grant You

And which member of the Carry On team do you most closely resemble you misanthropic, misogynist twat! Kenneth Williams no doubt, complete with all of the repressive tendencies.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Please...why does it make our country "look stupid"?

It's a bangle, the whole world will have forgotten about it by next week. Does that ruling impact in one tiny way in any of your lives??

For f***'s sake, worry about things that actually affect you, not futile bandwagons generated by right-leaning publicists.
because yet again foreign customs and traditions are being allowed to take precedence over our own, we should be like france and education shouuld be completely secular with no religion or religious clothing allowed in schools at all.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
And which member of the Carry On team do you most closely resemble you misanthropic, misogynist twat! Kenneth Williams no doubt, complete with all of the repressive tendencies.

I don't think so - having had the misfortune to read quite a few of his posts today (he spreads his message far and wide on NSC like some kind of dirty protest) I have concluded that it's purely down to attention seeking. Was there a non-core character in the Carry On Films who could only get noticed by jumping up and down in the background shouting "look at me"?

Incredibly, possibly not the most offensive poster on NSC, but certainly the most tiresome.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
because yet again foreign customs and traditions are being allowed to take precedence over our own, we should be like france and education shouuld be completely secular with no religion or religious clothing allowed in schools at all.

I think that's rubbish. We are not France. We can cope with diversity. The real issue is why the school chose to make a stand on such a pointless issue.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Nope - at Communion Christians - and particularly Catholics - genuinely believe that they are drinking the blood of Christ. At Communion, the bread and wine are transformed by The Miracle of Transubstantiation into the "actual body and blood of Christ".

Nope - he did this at a wedding and only when pushed. The guests were surprised that the host saved the best wine (Jesus' stuff) for the end. This was not at the Last Supper.

At the Last Supper Jesus instructed the disciples to drink the wine and break bread together in remembrance of him. that might be where your confusion comes from.

I'm not a Christian by the way. I'm a Humanist - it's just that I listened in skool!
I think Il Duce was referring to two separate events, the wedding at Cana AND the Last Supper. What I love about the 'water into wine' episode is that Jesus didn't turn wine into water on the grounds that the guests were all sinful hedonists bent on enjoying themselves, rather he provided a load more booze so that the party could continue. I know there are loads of Christians who would rather he would have done the former - and probably a good many officials at our modern-day Department of Health and Doing What You're Told.

Last edited:

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003

I'd be very happy with the secular approach as in France. But schools in the UK don't have to be secular, so you can't judge this case on French standards.

As for "foreign customs" taking precedence over "our own" - What decade are you living in? And which of our "own customs" are going to the back of the queue in this case?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I'd be very happy with the secular approach as in France. But schools in the UK don't have to be secular, so you can't judge this case on French standards.

As for "foreign customs" taking precedence over "our own" - What decade are you living in? And which of our "own customs" are going to the back of the queue in this case?
the one that deosnt allow the wearing of bangles in schools, what one did you think? changing of the guard ? state opening of parliament ? and i didnt judge it on french standards, i judged it on our rules and i just said that we should adopt french standards, also , why the question about what decade am i living in ?

Last edited:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I think the schools policy was no jewellery. The debate in court (massive over-reaction but there we go) was about the fact that the bangle is not jewellery. So which of our own "customs" is going to the back of the queue? The CUSTOM of not wearing jewellery in SOME schools? hardly a custom is it. It's the policy of one school.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I think the schools policy was no jewellery. The debate in court (massive over-reaction but there we go) was about the fact that the bangle is not jewellery. So which of our own "customs" is going to the back of the queue? The CUSTOM of not wearing jewellery in SOME schools? hardly a custom is it. It's the policy of one school.
i phrased it badly , our rules are being superseded,she goes to a school with a no jewellery policy, go to another one that allows it or abide by the rules. and before someone takes me to task about brits abroad etc etc , like the couple in dubai, ive no sympathy with them , abide by local customs and rules.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
If she spent more time concentrating on her weight than some f***ing bangle she might slim down a bit.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

I am going to have to look both of these up when I get in but I believe you are wrong. Regarding the wedding, he is asked, but I don't think he does it grudgingly, and to suggest that he does it because he was "pushed" seems a bit ridiculous when the man died a painful death for refusing to deny something he believed in.

Pretty sure wine was actually at the last supper as well.

With wine in communion, yes via transubstantiation the Catholic church does say teach that the wine IS then the blood, but at the same time, I think its fair to say that using an alcoholic (though hardly) is by proxy an acceptance that it is ok to drink.

I could be wrong though - and I'm the one who does claim to be religous!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I think Il Duce was referring to two separate events, the wedding at Cana AND the Last Supper. What I love about the 'water into wine' episode is that Jesus didn't turn wine into water on the grounds that the guests were all sinful hedonists bent on enjoying themselves, rather he provided a load more booze so that the party could continue. I know there are loads of Christians who would rather he would have done the former - and probably a good many officials at our modern-day Department of Health and Doing What You're Told.

More likely he allowed Jews to drink wine in church instead of water.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I am going to have to look both of these up when I get in but I believe you are wrong. Regarding the wedding, he is asked, but I don't think he does it grudgingly, and to suggest that he does it because he was "pushed" seems a bit ridiculous when the man died a painful death for refusing to deny something he believed in.

Pretty sure wine was actually at the last supper as well.

With wine in communion, yes via transubstantiation the Catholic church does say teach that the wine IS then the blood, but at the same time, I think its fair to say that using an alcoholic (though hardly) is by proxy an acceptance that it is ok to drink.

I could be wrong though - and I'm the one who does claim to be religous!

There was wine at the Last Supper - but I don't think Jesus made it from water. Jesus told his disciples to drink it in remembrance of him.

Of course the wine in Communion is wine - but according to those who believe these things, it actually is the blood of Christ and not wine.

Dandyman

In London village.
More likely he allowed Jews to drink wine in church instead of water.

Religous Jews are obliged to get drunk once a year. FACT.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here