Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] £14.95 to watch Albion

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Give up Drew. You've tried, I've tried, others have tried. If anyone thinks this sounds patronising, I'm not. But I fear one or two posters have built a firewall round themselves because we just aren't paying for the same thing twice.

You're right of course. I need to go away and tend to the blood streaming from my forehead!!!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
That is what Sky & BT are proposing to watch, on pay per view, any PL game not being televised. Would you pay it?

My issue (STH) is with the price.

Sky have been advertising a package of £18 per month for all football on their channels.

Our Football club thinks it's acceptable for us to pay £14.95 for each game.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Because what you're paying for season tickets is not for games the government won't let us go to. Why is this so difficult to get across?

As I understand it, and I'll try and make it simple, let's say you have paid for the equivalent of 10 home games. You have yet to see any of those 10 games. That could start with the WBA game and if it does, you aren't going to pay £14.95 as well. It is of course unlikely to be the WBA game but the point is once we start going then the monies you've paid will cover 10 games. So, up until those you start going to those 10 games, you can, if you choose, pay £14.95 to watch them.

You are not paying for the same thing twice.

Think of it as investing in a ticket for a concert tour next year but the exact date has not yet been finalised. In the meantime, if you are so inclined, and get the opportunity to see the same band this year then you would be expected to pay for the ticket for this years concert but you still get to see the band next year as well!

The way things are happening I don’t feel as though I want to go next season. I’m thoroughly pigged off with it all.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Free for home games for season ticket holders of those clubs....

Taken from the QPR website:-

FOLLOWING consultation with the Supporters’ Consultation Committee and feedback from Season Ticket holders, the club can confirm its plans regarding 2020/21 Season Tickets and the availability of live streaming for first-team fixtures.

QPR CEO Lee Hoos said: “A lot of conversations have taken place around this complex matter and I am hugely appreciative to the supporters for their continued understanding around the challenges we are facing.

“We have worked hard to provide a solution which is fair but also allows us to utilise the very limited revenue streams currently available to the club.

“As a result, we are offering full refunds to all Season Ticket holders who request them and have extended the deadline for doing this to Friday 9th October.

“We will continue to offer a pro-rata credit to Season Ticket holders who cannot attend fixtures due to behind-closed-doors games or capacity-restricted fixtures.

“If and when supporters are able to return to matches this season, all 2020/21 Season Ticket holders will be prioritised in match ballots.

“However, due to the possibility of matches being played behind closed doors for longer than we first envisaged, it is now necessary to charge Season Ticket holders for the live streams moving forward.

“This costs £10 per fixture and we hope fans understand why we have had to adopt this approach.

“There is a lot of information here for fans to digest and I apologise for that, but I really do urge all affected supporters to take the time to read it fully. We are doing the best we can to try and make this as easy as possible to understand.”

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Can I just suggest that we do a sweep of NSC? Anyone who suggested we should be paying £40 million for a big name striker or ridiculous wages for some has been should be made to pay £100 a game and the rest of us get it gratis? Surely can't be beyond today's data analysts?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Taken from the QPR website:-

FOLLOWING consultation with the Supporters’ Consultation Committee and feedback from Season Ticket holders, the club can confirm its plans regarding 2020/21 Season Tickets and the availability of live streaming for first-team fixtures.

QPR CEO Lee Hoos said: “A lot of conversations have taken place around this complex matter and I am hugely appreciative to the supporters for their continued understanding around the challenges we are facing.

“We have worked hard to provide a solution which is fair but also allows us to utilise the very limited revenue streams currently available to the club.

“As a result, we are offering full refunds to all Season Ticket holders who request them and have extended the deadline for doing this to Friday 9th October.

“We will continue to offer a pro-rata credit to Season Ticket holders who cannot attend fixtures due to behind-closed-doors games or capacity-restricted fixtures.

“If and when supporters are able to return to matches this season, all 2020/21 Season Ticket holders will be prioritised in match ballots.

“However, due to the possibility of matches being played behind closed doors for longer than we first envisaged, it is now necessary to charge Season Ticket holders for the live streams moving forward.

“This costs £10 per fixture and we hope fans understand why we have had to adopt this approach.

“There is a lot of information here for fans to digest and I apologise for that, but I really do urge all affected supporters to take the time to read it fully. We are doing the best we can to try and make this as easy as possible to understand.”

What’s the date on that ? From Norwich City - 12 Sept https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/202...-reminder-ticket-application-process-on-hold/

iFollow for season ticket holders

Season ticket holders who are not able to attend home league games will be able to watch live streams of City’s games on iFollow. The EFL will be providing every season ticket holder with a free iFollow match pass for all home and midweek away league games, up until a return to full stadium capacity.

Season ticket holders will need to purchase a £10 iFollow match pass for Saturday away fixtures.

Ok it appears some clubs , for whatever reason opted out:

We are therefore unable to provide subscriptions to fans of AFC Bournemouth, Birmingham City, Bristol City, Cardiff City, Charlton Athletic, Derby County, Forest Green Rovers, Harrogate Town, Leyton Orient, Middlesbrough, QPR, Salford City, Stoke City, Sunderland, Swansea City, Watford and Wigan Athletic. Please contact your club for more information.

17 / 72

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Steady on people. Any season ticket payments will be offset against next season's payment.
I personally believe the club have tried to do the right thing by everyone over the last 7/8 months.
The pickle here is the Government... when clubs spend thousands getting stadiums organised and safe, sport is pushed to one side.
The other week...1,000 people can watch a 'test event' at Norwich whereas all the students were back in town having it large for freshers week at Uni.
It's a deep-set Tory mentality... football fans are scum

Everyone understands season ticket refunds.........

What is happening that is getting fans pretty pissed off now is that we have stoically accepted we handed over money and have to wait and now having to pay to watch on TV is astonishingly arrogant and also our club actually voted for it.

Remember, whilst players have accepted no pay decrease, non-playing staff made redundant by a club that purchased a player for £45m there is a resounding clear message from the Premier League along the lines **** all fans and try and shaft them for even more money.

I can't believe I am saying this but the only club with an ounce of integrity is Leicester City who voted against it.

Last edited:

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Can I just suggest that we do a sweep of NSC? Anyone who suggested we should be paying £40 million for a big name striker or ridiculous wages for some has been should be made to pay £100 a game and the rest of us get it gratis? Surely can't be beyond today's data analysts?

This bit by Barber made me smile..

“Somewhat ironically given today’s mailbag, I was receiving messages and reading many comments from fans suggesting we should have been doing even more transfer business at the start of this week, and then by the end of the week, it has come full circle with some fans criticising us for the cost of the business we have done. In some cases I have received emails from the same fans on both subjects!”

:D

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
My issue (STH) is with the price.

Sky have been advertising a package of £18 per month for all football on their channels.

Our Football club thinks it's acceptable for us to pay £14.95 for each game.

Plus the flat nature of it punishes OAPs and juniors but also encourages people to break the rule of six.

If you're going to watch the game in a ground then people on lower incomes due to their age get concessions. On the other hand I've watched quite a lot of PPV boxing where we've pitched up at one mate's house, essentially had a drinks party and all pitched in for the inevitably overpriced entertainment. It's a lot easier to take a one round mis-match when you've spent all night getting pissed with good friends - but apparently we can't do that any more.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
This bit by Barber made me smile..

“Somewhat ironically given today’s mailbag, I was receiving messages and reading many comments from fans suggesting we should have been doing even more transfer business at the start of this week, and then by the end of the week, it has come full circle with some fans criticising us for the cost of the business we have done. In some cases I have received emails from the same fans on both subjects!”

:D

That's called having your cake and eating it. Like retaining Zaha and building a brand new main stand.

(but all club rivarlry aside it's a good point from you and Barbs. I don't have an issue with clubs having an income stream but I have a fairly massive issue about the way it's been handled and implemented)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What’s the date on that ? From Norwich City - 12 Sept https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/202...-reminder-ticket-application-process-on-hold/

iFollow for season ticket holders

Season ticket holders who are not able to attend home league games will be able to watch live streams of City’s games on iFollow. The EFL will be providing every season ticket holder with a free iFollow match pass for all home and midweek away league games, up until a return to full stadium capacity.

Season ticket holders will need to purchase a £10 iFollow match pass for Saturday away fixtures.

Ok it appears some clubs , for whatever reason opted out:

We are therefore unable to provide subscriptions to fans of AFC Bournemouth, Birmingham City, Bristol City, Cardiff City, Charlton Athletic, Derby County, Forest Green Rovers, Harrogate Town, Leyton Orient, Middlesbrough, QPR, Salford City, Stoke City, Sunderland, Swansea City, Watford and Wigan Athletic. Please contact your club for more information.

17 / 72

I quoted QPR because my nephew and his son are STH there. Funnily enough, before you posted that, I looked at the Norwich page. It appears championship clubs can opt to do what they like, either free for season ticket holders or, like QPR, charge STH.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
not! Stop it, just stop it FFS.

Yes they are for now.

Clubs have a cash flow problem at the moment but many people have a bigger cash flow problem. It's no good saying "jam tomorrow" to someone who's lost their job. Equally, said unemployed person really shouldn't be trying to spend Tony's money on a striker.

If you're going to charge to watch games on TV then you need to refund the money people have paid for a product they're not receiving. End of.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just go on the call or whatever it is with Paul Barber next week. He'll explain it with updates and changes in policy to come.

You’re not making any sense ?!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Good of BW2 to cover this for all of us.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just go on the call or whatever it is with Paul Barber next week. He'll explain it with updates and changes in policy to come.

I’ve heard enough from millionaire Paul Barber about how ‘tough’ it is. For the record, you’ll not find a single post from me about getting a striker in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here