Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] £14.95 to watch Albion

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
But you haven't 'friggin' paid for those games. You've paid for games that you will eventually go and see.

I've been paying for games I haven't seen since the middle of March.

I take on board its not the clubs fault that the catastrophic fop-haired bungle**** running this country has flip-flopped all over the shop since this crisis started. But by the same token surely, when they've continued taking money, they can't then sign off to charging STH's again to see games we can't go to. How can that possibly add up ?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
When?

Every gig I had planned for this year, has either rescheduled to a new date in 2021 or offered a refund.

Every holiday I had booked I got a choice to rebook a new date, take a refund or a credit note.

The fact the club aren’t even listening to fans who may really need the money is poor.

Why haven’t the clubs negotiated better a deal for season ticket holders at least? Apparently EFL clubs got this from iFollow to see home games for free ?

When! When they are allowed to, isn't that obvious. That might be the WBA game, the one after or possibly next season. Far harder to be that flexible with regard to gigs.

I'm guessing you have been in touch with the club to request a refund then.

Regarding ifollow, isn't that a far inferior product, ie very few camera angles, poorer production and, of course, it's not the premier league standard of football. If they are charging their fans £10 don't you think the EPL can justify charging more?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I've been paying for games I haven't seen since the middle of March.

I take on board its not the clubs fault that the catastrophic fop-haired bungle**** running this country has flip-flopped all over the shop since this crisis started. But by the same token surely, when they've continued taking money, they can't then sign off to charging STH's again to see games we can't go to. How can that possibly add up ?

:facepalm: Can you not see that you are not paying twice for the same thing?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Regarding ifollow, isn't that a far inferior product, ie very few camera angles, poorer production and, of course, it's not the premier league standard of football. If they are charging their fans £10 don't you think the EPL can justify charging more?

Free for home games for season ticket holders of those clubs....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
When! When they are allowed to, isn't that obvious. That might be the WBA game, the one after or possibly next season. Far harder to be that flexible with regard to gigs.

I'm guessing you have been in touch with the club to request a refund then.

Not for home games when fans have ALREADY been paying for season tickets. Why is this so difficult to get across ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Well that could be an option and then next week the government could change their mind and allow limited access to grounds. Like I said, a rock and a hard place.

Why are you missing the fact that virtually every other club in the Premier League & Championship are offering some kind of refund mechanism to fans ?

It’s simple - at least allow a pro rata refund for games missed - and start back up again when they have sight of being able to open up games.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
:facepalm: Can you not see that you are not paying twice for the same thing?

I've paid circa £400 since March and not been to a single game, nor will I until, well, who knows when.

Now I'm being asked to stump up a further £15 if I want to see any home games that are not being televised. And....you...think thats ok ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well that could be an option and then next week the government could change their mind and allow limited access to grounds. Like I said, a rock and a hard place.

No.

If we’ve physically missed say 5 PL home games, they could repay fans 5/19 of our money. Simple.

Without any need to blame politicians and scientists about what might be in the future.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not for home games when fans have ALREADY been paying for season tickets. Why is this so difficult to get across ?

Because what you're paying for season tickets is not for games the government won't let us go to. Why is this so difficult to get across?

As I understand it, and I'll try and make it simple, let's say you have paid for the equivalent of 10 home games. You have yet to see any of those 10 games. That could start with the WBA game and if it does, you aren't going to pay £14.95 as well. It is of course unlikely to be the WBA game but the point is once we start going then the monies you've paid will cover 10 games. So, up until those you start going to those 10 games, you can, if you choose, pay £14.95 to watch them.

You are not paying for the same thing twice.

Think of it as investing in a ticket for a concert tour next year but the exact date has not yet been finalised. In the meantime, if you are so inclined, and get the opportunity to see the same band this year then you would be expected to pay for the ticket for this years concert but you still get to see the band next year as well!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
No.

If we’ve physically missed say 5 PL home games, they could repay fans 5/19 of our money. Simple.

Without any need to blame politicians and scientists about what might be in the future.

They could. Maybe if they got complaints from 15k to 20k season ticket holders they might.

Marmaduke

SE London Seagull
Apr 28, 2010
SE London
Steady on people. Any season ticket payments will be offset against next season's payment.
I personally believe the club have tried to do the right thing by everyone over the last 7/8 months.
The pickle here is the Government... when clubs spend thousands getting stadiums organised and safe, sport is pushed to one side.
The other week...1,000 people can watch a 'test event' at Norwich whereas all the students were back in town having it large for freshers week at Uni.
It's a deep-set Tory mentality... football fans are scum

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
But you seem to forget that the club were banking on getting fans into the ground, albeit limited numbers and on a ballot, which your payments would go towards covering but then had the rug pulled from under their feet by the Government, either rightly or wrongly. It was planned that we would have had some at the game against WBA. I guess the club could refund all season ticket monies and then there could be a u-turn next week by Johnson and some of could be going to the WBA game afterall! Caught between a rock and hard place.

The likelihood of that is zero. If anything lockdown is going to become stronger especially in the north. We are amber in Brighton but there are red areas in the north.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Putting aside the argument of whether people have already paid significant money for matches they haven't seen yet It just seems somewhat obscene and a downright piss take that a few days after spunking over a billion quid on transfer fees, wages and agent fees the PL clubs claim they are doing this to cover the shortfall in match day income. They can fook right off and do one as far as I am concerned and that includes the Albion!! How about doing what everyone else is having to do during this f.ucking pandemic you cheeky pricks and cut your cloth accordingly, force every PL player to take even a modest pay cut and reduce your costs ! Dont fookin come to us cap in hand and expect us to shell out even more of our hard earned cash on the premise it is bailing you out in a time of need, its pissing insulting in the extreme and that's an understatement. Football has finally focking eaten itself. I have serious doubts as to my ability to continue to support this bullshit.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Because what you're paying for season tickets is not for games the government won't let us go to. Why is this so difficult to get across?

As I understand it, and I'll try and make it simple, let's say you have paid for the equivalent of 10 home games. You have yet to see any of those 10 games. That could start with the WBA game and if it does, you aren't going to pay £14.95 as well. It is of course unlikely to be the WBA game but the point is once we start going then the monies you've paid will cover 10 games. So, up until those you start going to those 10 games, you can, if you choose, pay £14.95 to watch them.

You are not paying for the same thing twice.

Think of it as investing in a ticket for a concert tour next year but the exact date has not yet been finalised. In the meantime, if you are so inclined, and get the opportunity to see the same band this year then you would be expected to pay for the ticket for this years concert but you still get to see the band next year as well!

Give up Drew. You've tried, I've tried, others have tried. If anyone thinks this sounds patronising, I'm not. But I fear one or two posters have built a firewall round themselves because we just aren't paying for the same thing twice.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Well they can go sing if they think they are going to screw me for a further £15 to watch these games. I've already paid for my ST in full, stuff them. The PL is so feckin greedy.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Give up Drew. You've tried, I've tried, others have tried. If anyone thinks this sounds patronising, I'm not. But I fear one or two posters have built a firewall round themselves because we just aren't paying for the same thing twice.

Are you saying the £14.95 isn’t compulsory?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Steady on people. Any season ticket payments will be offset against next season's payment.
I personally believe the club have tried to do the right thing by everyone over the last 7/8 months.
The pickle here is the Government... when clubs spend thousands getting stadiums organised and safe, sport is pushed to one side.
The other week...1,000 people can watch a 'test event' at Norwich whereas all the students were back in town having it large for freshers week at Uni.
It's a deep-set Tory mentality... football fans are scum

Politics doesn’t come into the failure to repay ST money. The club are fine in handing out lucrative player contracts. No reticence there.

It’s a commercial decision to hold our cash, for games foregone.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

People that have paid full season up front are...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here