Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] £14.95 to watch Albion

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
In the same way that tour operators and long haul airlines are expected by some observers, to raise their post CV19 prices, more than covering all the credits they’ve promised.

But with many losing their livelihoods during this pandemic, BHAFC raising prices by more than a few percent, would go down badly imho. Whilst player contracts show no sign of becoming less lucrative.

No doubt some would back the club whatever under the old supply and demand argument. If you don’t like the large hike, someone else will take your ST from you.
The club are not in a position to totally control player wages in reality in order to stay competitive. The whole player wages/transfer fees/ agents fees etc is a bigger issue that can only be addressed by the football world in general

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Return the money taken, without my permission, for a “product” they don’t have. I’ll decide if I want to shell out for the disproportionate number of games, (compared to fans of a big club), product the do have and they’re offering at £14.95 over and above my Sky, BTSport and Amazon Prime subscriptions. Everybody happier.

It was with your permission as you have been paying by DD all you have to do is cancel the DD!!! Of course you'll then lose the right to that season ticket. Choices and consequences.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
I don't think they're banking on fans of other clubs tuning in to watch two other clubs playing. This is so BHA fans can watch BHA matches that aren't part of the normal package, or Liverpool fans tuning to watch the liverpool games that aren't part of the package etc.

So, why move the KO times?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I've continued paying for a season ticket throughout the lockdown, didn't take the break either. Hesgoal / VIP League streams it is then.

F*ck BHA.

Wow. Never thought I'd type that.

If you feel that badly then cancel your direct debits, abandon your season ticket and ask the club to refund what you have already paid.

And if you're watching Hesgoal then make sure you stay off NSC during the game as those that subscribe will be about 2 minutes ahead of you and some won't be able to refrain from posting!!!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Careful, you'll be labelled by the flask and bottle top banner as hysterical.

Then so be it.

I'd have absolutely no issue with coughing up a £15 PPV fee for an away game that wasn't being televised - in fact it'd be a welcome option, being as (were we in normal times) I'd have spent a shitload more on the ticket and the whole shebang were I going.

But having supported the club by NOT cancelling my season ticket d/d, despite all the uncertainty of whether I'd actually ever get back in my seat at the Amex any time in the foreseeable future, this feels like a kick in the teeth for the home games I'm continuing to miss. I'm paying for Sky, I'm paying for a season ticket, and now they still want more.

Feels like I'm being taken for a mug.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Apologies if always mentioned, but does anyone know what the average net profit we make from staging a league home game is?

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Depends how you calculate it. We don't make a net profit from match day income if you take into account players wages, amortized transfer payments etc etc. That's why we need the broadcast income. However, if you only consider what are the running costs of a putting on a match then I guess only the club will know and I suspect they keep that sensitive information but of course they don't need as much security/stewards, absolute minimal catering staff (assuming the press bring their own pack lunch!!).

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
So when you consider that the match charge is to be £14.95 and a portion of that goes to the media provider then there isnt a cat in hells chance of recouping the normal match income with PPV
Assuming the club gets £10 out of the £15, then 100k subscribers for each game on average would match the matchday income.

I generally have no idea about viewing numbers for football matches. Obviously our home game Vs Burnley and the like will come nowhere near that, but is there a chance that against Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal and the like, it could be considerably higher? Or am I being ridiculous? I am also aware they could be picked for TV...

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If you feel that badly then cancel your direct debits, abandon your season ticket and ask the club to refund what you have already paid.

I don't want to cancel my direct debit. I don't want a refund. I've been a STH since 1989 (Gillingham aside blah blah), and I WANT to return to my seat at the Amex whenever that may be possible, the last thing I want is to give it up, and thats the last thing the club should be forcing on loyal fans as a potential choice.

I draw the line at being asked to pay AGAIN for TV coverage of home games that I've already frigging paid for. This should not be some kind of ultimatum - they MUST offer these PPV games as part of the STH package we're already paying for. They can't have it both ways. Its an absolute pisstake of every STH to re-charge for home games.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Then so be it.

I'd have absolutely no issue with coughing up a £15 PPV fee for an away game that wasn't being televised - in fact it'd be a welcome option, being as (were we in normal times) I'd have spent a shitload more on the ticket and the whole shebang were I going.

But having supported the club by NOT cancelling my season ticket d/d, despite all the uncertainty of whether I'd actually ever get back in my seat at the Amex any time in the foreseeable future, this feels like a kick in the teeth for the home games I'm continuing to miss. I'm paying for Sky, I'm paying for a season ticket, and now they still want more.

Feels like I'm being taken for a mug.

It's been said over and over again that what you're paying for regarding your season ticket is effectively ringfenced until we are able to get back into the Amex. I really fail to understand why that aspect is an issue. The club could have said we will suspend payments until we're back but if you recall this all started about two weeks before renewal dates so decisions had to be made at that time without knowing how it would all pan out.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I don't want to cancel my direct debit. I don't want a refund. I've been a STH since 1989 (Gillingham aside blah blah), and I WANT to return to my seat at the Amex whenever that may be possible, the last thing I want is to give it up, and thats the last thing the club should be forcing on loyal fans as a potential choice.

I draw the line at being asked to pay AGAIN for TV coverage of home games that I've already frigging paid for. This should not be some kind of ultimatum - they MUST offer these PPV games as part of the STH package we're already paying for. They can't have it both ways. Its an absolute pisstake of every STH to re-charge for home games.

But you haven't 'friggin' paid for those games. You've paid for games that you will eventually go and see.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
It's been said over and over again that what you're paying for regarding your season ticket is effectively ringfenced until we are able to get back into the Amex. I really fail to understand why that aspect is an issue. The club could have said we will suspend payments until we're back but if you recall this all started about two weeks before renewal dates so decisions had to be made at that time without knowing how it would all pan out.

I did actually pay mine expecting to see some football this year, although it isn't the clubs fault we can't, but I don't have any problems with the club keeping hold of it. I also remember getting ,money back from energy suppliers when I had paid too much and gone into credit with them as they aren't allowed to keep the money.

STHs have been more than patient and there is nothing illegal with making the matches PPV, however it is a two way relationship and this might make people ask questions about why the club is holding onto their money.

The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I didn’t think of that angle. Can it be bought from outside the EU? Or will still they stick to their streams, with commentary of “Gollllllllllllll Jahanbakhsh”?

I'm guessing that if they subscribe then they are getting better broadcasts than the likes of Hesgoals who, I'm guessing again, piggyback those broadcasts and restream them around the world!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
But you haven't 'friggin' paid for those games. You've paid for games that you will eventually go and see.

When?

Every gig I had planned for this year, has either rescheduled to a new date in 2021 or offered a refund.

Every holiday I had booked I got a choice to rebook a new date, take a refund or a credit note.

The fact the club aren’t even listening to fans who may really need the money is poor.

Why haven’t the clubs negotiated better a deal for season ticket holders at least? Apparently EFL clubs got this from iFollow to see home games for free ?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I did actually pay mine expecting to see some football this year, although it isn't the clubs fault we can't, but I don't have any problems with the club keeping hold of it. I also remember getting ,money back from energy suppliers when I had paid too much and gone into credit with them as they aren't allowed to keep the money.

STHs have been more than patient and there is nothing illegal with making the matches PPV, however it is a two way relationship and this might make people ask questions about why the club is holding onto their money.

The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away.

But you seem to forget that the club were banking on getting fans into the ground, albeit limited numbers and on a ballot, which your payments would go towards covering but then had the rug pulled from under their feet by the Government, either rightly or wrongly. It was planned that we would have had some at the game against WBA. I guess the club could refund all season ticket monies and then there could be a u-turn next week by Johnson and some of could be going to the WBA game afterall! Caught between a rock and hard place.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Even Mike Ashley refunded season ticket holders, can’t believe some are defending the club here !

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
But you seem to forget that the club were banking on getting fans into the ground, albeit limited numbers and on a ballot, which your payments would go towards covering but then had the rug pulled from under their feet by the Government, either rightly or wrongly. It was planned that we would have had some at the game against WBA. I guess the club could refund all season ticket monies and then there could be a u-turn next week by Johnson and some of could be going to the WBA game afterall! Caught between a rock and hard place.

The club could refund tranches of ST money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here