Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] £14.95 to a Brighton foodbank instead - Monday PPV vs. West Brom.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
There is. Sadly the current trajectory is clubs will simply fold. It’s utterly unsustainable, reform is required. Frankly if players need to be educated as to why £500k a week (a week!!) for kicking a ****ing inflated piece of plastic/leather about is ridiculous, then I don’t care if they and their egos are casualties along the way.

No player bigger than the club. Right? Hmmm, not these days it would seem.

Hallpro asks if there is a way out, you say there is and then promptly don't explain how other than a diatribe about how much they earn! People have been saying for ages that it is unsustainable but have yet to be proven right!

I don't understand why players need to be educated about what they earn. In most cases, the money is there and as the 'product' is the players, why shouldn't they get the lion's share. Re players like Ozil, that's down to the stupidity of the club. Do you moan about how much Adele earns from writing and performing her songs or bang on about how a former wrestler can become the highest paid actor earning $20m for a film?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
From Henry Winter. Arsenal Supporters Trust showed their poll on #PPV to #afc and broadcasters. Results:

6% said they would pay the £14.95 to watch
19% said they would not pay and not watch
69% said they would watch a stream [illegal stream?]
6% said they would watch with friends or in a pub

(5,000+ responses)

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Monday, 17.30 isn't that great for those in the UK.

West Brom have 3 in a row - all on PPV naturally - in the 17.30 Monday graveyard slot. Given the CL teams will have to play earlier in the weekend for now at least, there will be a distinct pattern for that slot.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Hallpro asks if there is a way out, you say there is and then promptly don't explain how other than a diatribe about how much they earn! People have been saying for ages that it is unsustainable but have yet to be proven right!

I don't understand why players need to be educated about what they earn. In most cases, the money is there and as the 'product' is the players, why shouldn't they get the lion's share. Re players like Ozil, that's down to the stupidity of the club. Do you moan about how much Adele earns from writing and performing her songs or bang on about how a former wrestler can become the highest paid actor earning $20m for a film?

Can’t be bothered to engage with your rage. Go back and read again. If still raging, move on. Because, and here’s the rub, I couldn’t give a **** what you think even with your music industry comparisons which have zero relevance. :lolol:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
From Henry Winter. Arsenal Supporters Trust showed their poll on #PPV to #afc and broadcasters. Results:

6% said they would pay the £14.95 to watch
19% said they would not pay and not watch
69% said they would watch a stream [illegal stream?]
6% said they would watch with friends or in a pub

(5,000+ responses)

What % pay something already I wonder? Eg do 69% watch illegal streams presently? The causally implied message is they all pay something on a match day already. Which is bollocks. It’s all lies lies and damned lies. All that survey says really is people don’t like paying for stuff. Well, hold the front page if that ain’t news already (and even the thickest of club commercial managers knew!)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Can’t be bothered to engage with your rage. Go back and read again. If still raging, move on. Because, and here’s the rub, I couldn’t give a **** what you think even with your music industry comparisons which have zero relevance. :lolol:

I think it is you that should take a look in the mirror as it is you that seems to be in a rage. I'm far from in a rage about it.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I think it is you that should take a look in the mirror as it is you that seems to be in a rage. I'm far from in a rage about it.

O contraire, you steamed in with the sarcasm and stupid comments. You lost me at that point therefore. As you would with anyone

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
O contraire, you steamed in with the sarcasm and stupid comments. You lost me at that point therefore. As you would with anyone

Well sorry you saw it that way. That said, what exactly is the solution as you see it other than a wage cap? In the grand scheme of things, there aren't many clubs that have gone out of business over the last 50 years, certainly not from the top flight. There have been three I think in the last year, Wigan inexplicably being put into admin by their owner but are still going. Bury and Macclesfield, through what seemingly was extremely poor stewardship in both cases. My view is FFP should be rigorously applied at all levels so provided clubs live within their means then pay what you like

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
40 million of the staunchest fans @ £14.95 should swell the coffers in the Battle of the Giants tomorrow evening.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Lineker's not a fan of the cost it seems, if his coughing just now has any gravitas.

He is part of a long list of dissenters in the game. Loads of managers from Mourinho to Bilic have spoken about how the price is unjustifiable, Neville quickly denounced it despite his obvious Sky connections. No one likes it and rumoured figures have implied that it will be shelved pretty quickly. They aren't going to pull in anywhere near the numbers that they expected. Hopefully, it will give us at least another 13 year buffer until the next attempt.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Anyone thinking about paying for this needs their head examined. Give it to AITC or another charity.

Listen on BBC Sussex like we all had to in the good old days. For those younger fans, you'll need to reboot your dull imaginations and find an FM radio.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Anyone thinking about paying for this needs their head examined. Give it to AITC or another charity.

Listen on BBC Sussex like we all had to in the good old days. For those younger fans, you'll need to reboot your dull imaginations and find an FM radio.

Do you also travel around on a horse and cart?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

:facepalm: Give to the charity if you want and if you want to watch the game either pay the fee for a decent live broadcast or watch it on a dodgy stream. It's up to each person to decide what to do.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
:facepalm: Give to the charity if you want and if you want to watch the game either pay the fee for a decent live broadcast or watch it on a dodgy stream. It's up to each person to decide what to do.

Its a slippery slope and people paying are assisting in creating the dangerous precedent, especially when many people already pay for Sky sports.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Just seen that the Palace game today is on the BT Sport WWE Box Office channel. :clap:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
So if we are never allowed back into football stadium are people saying they will not do PPV and then give up 'watching' Brighton except for the odd game that might hit mainstream Sky or BTsport at best 12 games a season?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Well I’ll be watching...unfortunately my local doctors surgery aren’t doing “head to head” appointments for this sort of thing currently..sorry bout that

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I would be tempted by the wireless transmission if Barbs issued a free pitch grid akin to the Radio Times back in the day.

The thought of Wozza alongside JC combining tricky names with grid co-ordinates is mouthwatering.

unnamed.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here