[Albion] 12 Points Above The Drop Zone.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Can’t keep getting rid of players and not replacing This is the prem
You have to keep investing
Bloom has to carry the can .
He’s the one that stated top ten . The only way that happens is sustainable injection of better players

Bloom hasn't got any cans he needs to carry. He has loaned/given astronomic sums of money to the club, the stadium, Lancing and all the rest. With an ambition to try and become a top ten club, but more significantly (IMHO) with a mission to make the club self-sufficient - i.e. paying its way, breaking even. Hence the development centre, and the work going on to try and replace players leaving with youngsters coming in from within (not all the time, obviously, but most of the time, yes).
This isn't working as long as he's still having to shell out tens of millions every year just to keep us going - I don't know the figures (although I'm sure some on here have a betterr idea than I do), but breaking even? - we ain't! And still some people think Uncle Tony is a mean old b***er who won't shell out for a PL ready top striker.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bloom hasn't got any cans he needs to carry. He has loaned/given astrinimic sums of money to the club, the stadium, Lancing and al the rest. With an ambition to try and become a top ten club, but more significantly (IMHO) woth a mission to make the club self-sufficient - i.e. paying its way, breaking even. Hence thhe evelopment cetre, and te work going on to try and replace players leaving with youngsters coming in from within (not all the time, obviously, but most of the time, yes).
This isn't working as long as he's still having to shell out tens of millions every year just to keep us going - I don't know the figures (although I'm sure some on here have a betterr idea than I do), but breaking even? - we ain't! And still some people think Uncle Tony is a mean old b***er who won't shell out for a PL ready top striker.

Are you pissed or posting with fat fingers on a small phone? :lolol:

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
Bloom hasn't got any cans he needs to carry. He has loaned/given astrinimic sums of money to the club, the stadium, Lancing and al the rest. With an ambition to try and become a top ten club, but more significantly (IMHO) woth a mission to make the club self-sufficient - i.e. paying its way, breaking even. Hence thhe evelopment cetre, and te work going on to try and replace players leaving with youngsters coming in from within (not all the time, obviously, but most of the time, yes).

This totally

I do not know the exact figures but Tony Bloom has put in over £300 M of HIS money into our club.The Amex would not have been built without him.The banks would not lend the money.

yes we are 12 points above the relegation places,we are also 12 points of 6th place.Next season we will have Mitoma,Khadra,Sima and Undav to ad to the mix.We also have Sarimiento coming back from injury.

I will ask again,who are these PL ready strikers we should have signed?

Must go,the bed sheets are dry

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Bloom hasn't got any cans he needs to carry. He has loaned/given astronomic sums of money to the club, the stadium, Lancing and all the rest. With an ambition to try and become a top ten club, but more significantly (IMHO) woth a mission to make the club self-sufficient - i.e. paying its way, breaking even. Hence the development centre, and the work going on to try and replace players leaving with youngsters coming in from within (not all the time, obviously, but most of the time, yes).

Am absolutely not an expert, but the accounts for season 19/20 showed a 67m loss! They haven't released this year's yet - which seems uncharacteristically late as it's usually in December/January - but the amortisation for 20/21 is going to be very similar and most of the season was behind closed doors, so that's about 17-18m in lost ticket revenue. The only mitigation is that the Knockaert transfer completed at the beginning of 20/21, so at least that'll be an extra 10m in.

Whilst it's not my money, it'll actually be nice to think that we'll have made some kind of profit in the current season to offset the last 10 years where only 17/18 was profitable!

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Am absolutely not an expert, but the accounts for season 19/20 showed a 67m loss! They haven't released this year's yet - which seems uncharacteristically late as it's usually in December/January - but the amortisation for 20/21 is going to be very similar and most of the season was behind closed doors, so that's about 17-18m in lost ticket revenue. The only mitigation is that the Knockaert transfer completed at the beginning of 20/21, so at least that'll be an extra 10m in.

Whilst it's not my money, it'll actually be nice to think that we'll have made some kind of profit in the current season to offset the last 10 years where only 17/18 was profitable!

Hmmm....interesting that the 20/21 accounts haven't been published yet.

I can't imagine that they will show anywhere near a profit, given Covid impacts, etc. However, 21/22 could well be profitable, as it will include the sales of Ben White and Dan Burn (although there has still been some serious spending on new players during that time).

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Hmmm....interesting that the 20/21 accounts haven't been published yet.

I can't imagine that they will show anywhere near a profit, given Covid impacts, etc. However, 21/22 could well be profitable, as it will include the sales of Ben White and Dan Burn (although there has still been some serious spending on new players during that time).

I make it that we have a player sales income of around 70m in total this season (depends which reports you believe in terms of transfer fees). You're right in that we've spent somewhere in the region of 60m in total fees, but these will be added to the amortisation, so it'll probably be an extra 15m or so per season spread over the contract length (4 years being the average) as opposed to one big 60m hit.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
At the start of the season anyone who wouldn't have taken 11 points above the drop zone, in March, is deluded.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
At the start of the season anyone who wouldn't have taken 10 points above the drop zone, in April, is deluded.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Now we need to start panicking. Only we could have ended up in this dogfight, when 8 or 9 games ago everything looked fine. Players downed tools after Burns exit and now they will start to play under more pressure and will make even more mistakes and play even worse, and then we will go down.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Not worried yet, but we have three games now where if we pick up any points at all it’ll be a miracle. Huge chance for teams below us to close up quickly.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Now we need to start panicking. Only we could have ended up in this dogfight, when 8 or 9 games ago everything looked fine. Players downed tools after Burns exit and now they will start to play under more pressure and will make even more mistakes and play even worse, and then we will go down.

I think you are Palace.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Or, alternatively (and more likely given the way things have worked before) we will perform better under the pressure - and pick up unexpected points.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

How about we do like previous seasons... you panic while we groan over the journey to another 15-16 place.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just watched Bumley beat Everton. A harum scarum championship level game.

Bring on next season. We are above all that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here