Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
Its right to say BHA have more season ticket holders than Leeds and a waiting list as well. I suppose with 20K through the gate every home game, as against small crowds at selhurst supplemented by free tickets to croydon council to try and keep some respectability then I suppose logic would point to that. But I wasn't thinking about us as Bloom might be happy to be there or there about this year and push on next season. I was thinking about a few clubs others that get similar crowds to us, like birmingham

I dont agree, the season ticket money is gone, we make more cash per game than you.

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011
So ticket money still counts even if you only stay for 85 minutes? Seems a bit of a rip off to me, you should get that sorted.

On a serious note, I went today and it was a poor attendance admittedly on a bloody cold night.

On an unserious note, hahah, to all of you who used the 'where are you in the league' arguments, well, I think you'll find we're fifth! :lol:

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
I dont agree, the season ticket money is gone, we make more cash per game than you.

How on earth have you come to that conclusion. We have 20,000+ individuals buying programmes, food and drinks, as well as using the fans' bar and the restaurant in the East Stand. Around 3000 of these fans have also paid for their tickets in addition to the supplementaries. Conversely, you attract attendances of 12,000. Assuming you have 6000 season ticket holder (a low estimate I would have thought), you are only receiving the value of 6000 tickets plus 12,000 fans spending on the supplementaries (compared to our 20,000+).

Add into this fact that your stadium, since it is considerably older, requires a great deal more expenditure in terms of maintenance when averaged out per game.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
You reckon but read my post again mate, I was talking about clubs with similar crowds to us like Brum. Must be a struggle on 11,000 crowds to sustain Championship football for you

It's a good thing we're not struggling to sustain Championship football on 11,000 crowds then.

We got 20,000 in Selhurst last home game. Our average attendance is just under 16k.

That's what we're sustaining our brilliant Championship football on. Added to that, our best players are on very low wages as they're still on 5 year academy contracts with 4 years left.

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
How on earth have you come to that conclusion. We have 20,000+ individuals buying programmes, food and drinks, as well as using the fans' bar and the restaurant in the East Stand. Around 3000 of these fans have also paid for their tickets in addition to the supplementaries. Conversely, you attract attendances of 12,000. Assuming you have 6000 season ticket holder (a low estimate I would have thought), you are only receiving the value of 6000 tickets plus 12,000 fans spending on the supplementaries (compared to our 20,000+).

Add into this fact that your stadium, since it is considerably older, requires a great deal more expenditure in terms of maintenance when averaged out per game.

Thats the problem with posting before you think, if you want to work on your highest attendance and our lowest then you are bound to come up with a bollox conclusion.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Zaha is off to Newcastle in January. Be interesting to see how Palace fare without him.

Very funny. Our chairmen have said that Zaha won't be sold for another couple of years because his value will near enough double every season as he's on a 5 year contract and fast becoming the best player in the League by some distance.

They also said they don't want to pass him on to a medium-sized club like Newcastle, they want to get him ready to be passed straight on to one of the big four.

We'll have Zaha for another two years yet. Why sell him now for £5m (we already rejected £5m from Liverpool in the summer) when we can sell him for £15m in two years? It's not like we're short on cash.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Oh, and when Wilfried does eventually join Liverpool/Chelsea/Arsenal/Man United/Man City, we'll have another youngster ready to take his place. At the moment it looks like it'll be Jon Williams, just turned 17 and was the best player on the pitch against your lot.

Two years ago it was Victor Moses tearing the League apart, now it's Zaha, in two years it'll be someone else. That's how the academy conveyor belt works.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Thats the problem with posting before you think, if you want to work on your highest attendance and our lowest then you are bound to come up with a bollox conclusion.

After tonight, you average attendance is just over 14K and a for a percentage of your season ticket holders you did not recieve any income from, due to your board honouring long term season tickets when they took over.

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
So please explain to me how you are making more matchday money?

Well firstly the supposition that our overheads are much more than yours is plain wrong. I would put my mortgage on yours being higher. (I have seen detailed accounts so on this point at least I am solid ground)
To get into specifics on income per game how much would you say the average supporter spends on matchday ?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Well firstly the supposition that our overheads are much more than yours is plain wrong. I would put my mortgage on yours being higher. (I have seen detailed accounts so on this point at least I am solid ground)
To get into specifics on income per game how much would you say the average supporter spends on matchday ?

At the Amex I say around £45/50 per game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here