Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sep 28, 2011
Of course I'm correct. If you'd had a single gate higher than anything we have managed, we wouldn't hear the end of it by one the many geeky Nigels who have made it a lifestyle choice to bore the shit out of us on our own board.

One of your own, perhaps more down to earth posters has conceded that next season your games may drop to around the 12k mark, so I don't think theyd have too long to wait pal ;)

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
One of your own, perhaps more down to earth posters has conceded that next season your games may drop to around the 12k mark, so I don't think theyd have too long to wait pal ;)

With 16000 season ticket holders ? Damn, why do Palace fans go out of their way to make themselves look stupid ?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Attendance was embarrassing, no shadow of doubt.
Thing is, financial times are hard. People are earning the same, but train fares etc are going up. Also 8pm kick offs means I didn't get home till gone midnight and I'm only the other side of SE London, and with me getting an earlier train - not really attractive for families. Also, with 3 local away games in a row (you, Watford and Ipswich), as well as a Cup home game next tuesday, we have a lot of games to spend your dosh. If you're a Palace supporter, would you choose West Ham where we had 22k, or Bristol City on a freezing Tuesday night? Not to mention less than 400 travelling supporters.
You lot have the new stadium and League factor - we don't have that, therefore your gates will be higher then ours, before someone mentions it.
Understandable, but sickening all the same :(

Seriously, how much do you think the fan base could rise once (I assume that joking apart it's a done deal) the much needed move to Crystal Palace stadium happens ? Frankly as Bromley Council tax payer I can see the benefit of having that stadium being used on a regular basis. Last night, okay it was lowly Bristol City but sorry that was a poor turnout and frankly not one that augers well. Palace have proved that currently they have a decent side so why aren't people making a bit more effort ? Maybe the Palace plastics went up the road to watch some real football.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I can fully understand the reasons why Palace got such a low crowd last night - cost, lots of games recently to go to etc.

Biggest issue is the cost, not only of tickets but of travel etc. I guess that with the train last night, ticket plus beer and food I spent about £80.00. If you don't live locally then it's a lot of money to get to a game these days.

Another problem they have (and this problem will grow over time) is that more and more Palace fans are leaving Croydon to live somewhere else. Further to travel = less fans will go.

Let's not pretend we are Man U - yes we've got a lot of STH, but in 2/3 years, if we are in the same league, our crowds may well be approx the same.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

That was me and in my defence I didn't say 'next season', I said 'next few years'. I'm not sure how long you've been at this level, but after we've been here (if we stay here) for the same number of seasons I reckon attendance-wise we'll end up at about the same level as you - and then all this tedious willy-waving can cease.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Average spend are you sure???

I think that figure is only true for Albion fans who drink 10 pints of Harveys and eat a couple of pies pre and post match. :lol:

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Shit crowd,no excuse from me but remember this division,your stadium ,and for some even attending matches are all new to your lot.Lets see what your crowds are like after a season or two against the same teams.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I think that figure is only true for Albion fans who drink 10 pints of Harveys and eat a couple of pies pre and post match. :lol:

That figure includes the price of my seat and a programme, not much going to Azure as mickejh referred.

Do you think 1 pie and three pints from 2pm-6pm on a Saturday excessive then?

Last edited:

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Shit crowd,no excuse from me but remember this division,your stadium ,and for some even attending matches are all new to your lot.Lets see what your crowds are like after a season or two against the same teams.

The trick for us will be to maintain the level of season tickets at its current level which I think is 18,000. A few wont renew next season but these will be easily matched by those on the waiting list. After that who knows? One thing I do know though - the days of 6,000 sitting in the pissing rain at Shitdean are long gone - Amen to that!

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
One thing I do know though - the days of 6,000 sitting in the pissing rain at Shitdean are long gone - Amen to that!
For old times sake you could sit in our old stand.When we get heavy rain a leaking gutter pours a niagara falls quantity of water over about 50 seats.:lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here