Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

11 Year old shot

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Maybe we need to take some elements from Islamic states and apply them here? They live by a religious code, which clearly is not going to happen here, so we need to take the parts of their world which we can apply to ours.

And we are not talking the fundamentalist stuff, we are talking the simple elements like respect for others, respect for property, respect for self, actions have a reaction, and understanding cause and effect.

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
Time to campaign for the death penalty to be bought back.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Time to campaign for the death penalty to be bought back.

I don't think that is the answer at all. Certainly in this case, we may be looking at a perpetrator not much older than the victim. Would we want to be a society that puts people to death, let alone children?

Perhaps that needs to be debated seperately. I would leave our shores if the death penalty was instigated.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I was whittering on about respect on here before Hampshire - seems no one round here knows what it is anymore...

I still think we (as a society and governing bodies) are not focusing enough on the loss of the proper family structure and inadequate parenting as it directly influences the dreadful behaviour of many young people.

Curfews, asbos on parents for their kids actions, parents and kids serving "time" / community serivce together for their actions...is what I'd like to see...

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
The BBC have a "Have Your Say" on this now - and it appears that even the liberal BBC is being deluged with people who are saying that enough is enough. They want proper punishments meted out to people who break the law, corporal punishment gets a mention (but not Sergeant Death), but most of all they want the Government to actually do something rather than fanny around with focus groups and lottery funding. How much further do we have to go before people reach "tipping point" and take things into their own hands - even the Rev of Liverpool implied that "communities need to start taking responsibility for these actions". Vigilante Vicars?

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
18 and 14 year olds arrested. Scandelous. Some eye witness said that the guy on the bike could have been as young as 12 - but guess there's not a lot of difference between 12 and 14 is there.

RIP :angel::angel::angel:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
18 and 14 year olds arrested. Scandelous. Some eye witness said that the guy on the bike could have been as young as 12 - but guess there's not a lot of difference between 12 and 14 is there.

RIP :angel::angel::angel:

Well I'm guessing that since the parents didn't have a clue what their son was up to that he ruined his own life and ended one of an 11 year old....edited to add that what I was trying to say that it wouldn't matter whether he was 12 or 14 ...

Last edited:

cheeseroll

Jul 5, 2003
Fragrant Harbour
Scandalous that it happened and scandalous that nothing seems to be being done about it. It was said in the thread earlier not to piss it all up the wall in a pointless war and use the money to regenerate our pooer areas. Im not sure we can ever know the true equation but deploying thousands of troops costs money but is it enough to regenerate areas of 10s of thousand or even millions of people?

No war, no armed forces = more un-employment.
No peace keeping = no more lucrative contracts to restore infrastructure in those regions in the aftermath (do we get many of these anyway).
No war - no stage to advertise our weaponry.

I dont support the war either but to think our non participation would be the answer to the recent spate of murders is stretching a point.

I like the idea of Tedebear to make the parents do the time as well or at least be somehow accountable.

Im also afraid that our lifestyle is desensitising the young, with violent tv and violent computer games.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It's been said by so many, it's high time that parents started taking responsibility for their children. Discipline should start in the home. Trouble is far too many children are the fruits of people who are either too stupid or too lazy to use contraception.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
It's been said by so many, it's high time that parents started taking responsibility for their children. Discipline should start in the home. Trouble is far too many children are the fruits of people who are either too stupid or too lazy to use contraception.

Whether they are too stupid or too lazy to use contraception, they'd soon learn how to look after their kids if they got locked up everytime one of them did something wrong...and they'd think again about having more, if their child payments were taken away because one child was having to do community service or locked up...

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Rumour has it that the kid was the relative of a juror or witness in an ongoing court case and was killed out of revenge. Bloody scary, and totally horrible.

Interesting that the police immediately referred to the "killers" and appealed directly to the "criminal community" as well.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I dont support the war either but to think our non participation would be the answer to the recent spate of murders is stretching a point.

That wasn't what I was saying. I was saying spending the money on regenerating shit areas instead of a war would be a START.

Also if the war hadn't happened are you saying that we would have no army, that people wouldn't buy our weapons (a good thing in my eyes) and that a war is necessary as basically a shop window for these sales.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I was wittering on about respect on here before Hampshire - seems no one round here knows what it is anymore...

I still think we (as a society and governing bodies) are not focusing enough on the loss of the proper family structure and inadequate parenting as it directly influences the dreadful behaviour of many young people.

Curfews, asbos on parents for their kids actions, parents and kids serving "time" / community service together for their actions...is what I'd like to see...

Spot on tedebear.

I do believe that there are some other issues that need addressing though, and many others in this thread have addressed some of the issues that are arising.

What has happened to our society. People are not even speaking to their neighbours. A classic case of this is that the RNIB and the bus company have put in taking bus stops in various places in the town. Now I do not know this for a fact, but I can guess that, the posters on this thread would ask the partially sighted person what bus they would want and give the assistance required. I also suspect that the posters here would also teach and children that they have some responsibility for to do the same.

There was also some talk on the radio this morning that the child who had the gun was possibly paid, or threatened by a gang member, to complete the shooting. This leaves two sets of parents that should be questioned, and if necessary punished for their actions.

How did they get the gun? Sorry but I would have thought that it is fairly difficult to get a hand gun, which is the alleged weapon used.

I also wonder again about the parents. Again I strongly suspect that the board members who have children know exactly where they are and what they are doing. Hence I strongly suspect that the parents know who pulled the trigger and who else was involved last night.

For my money one of the main problems that has happened in society is that children are bringing children into the world, and are still growing up themselves.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
There was also some talk on the radio this morning that the child who had the gun was possibly paid, or threatened by a gang member, to complete the shooting. This leaves two sets of parents that should be questioned, and if necessary punished for their actions. .

If thats the case thats horrifying!

I really despair sometimes too when I see so much news each night about our poor soldiers who are dying away from home fighting some war which I don't think we should be involved in when we can't even have law and order in our own country...

Bring them home and get them helping the police in restoring order on our own streets and at our own borders, before we go and do it for anyone else...

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
Scandalous that it happened and scandalous that nothing seems to be being done about it. It was said in the thread earlier not to piss it all up the wall in a pointless war and use the money to regenerate our pooer areas. Im not sure we can ever know the true equation but deploying thousands of troops costs money but is it enough to regenerate areas of 10s of thousand or even millions of people?

No war, no armed forces = more un-employment.
No peace keeping = no more lucrative contracts to restore infrastructure in those regions in the aftermath (do we get many of these anyway).
No war - no stage to advertise our weaponry.

I like the idea of Tedebear to make the parents do the time as well or at least be somehow accountable.

Im also afraid that our lifestyle is desensitising the young, with violent tv and violent computer games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedebear
I was wittering on about respect on here before Hampshire - seems no one round here knows what it is anymore...

Curfews, asbos on parents for their kids actions, parents and kids serving "time" / community service together for their actions...is what I'd like to see...

I often used to think that National Service should be reintoduced in an effort to steer people down the right road. Now I think that it would just help them in understanding guns etc.

Ted I also agree about parents should know at all times where their children are and that they should be appropriately punished if the children are under age. However as far as stopping any allowances they get as a punishment then in that case I think you really are pissing into the wind because then all these human right campaigners would come out of the woodwork beating on about how this family are underpriviliged and the hardship this will cause to the rest of the family.

Quote:

For my money one of the main problems that has happened in society is that children are bringing children into the world, and are still growing up themselves.

Without doubt something has to be done though because with children raising childen in the way that they were reared the whole problem is just going to escalate completely out of control and all the time they will think that they are above the law.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

not to be over flippant here, but i am sure that a factor in this is the breakdown of family life and family values. Going all Daily mail here, but when I was a kid, respect was something your family drummed into you at an early age. You had respect for the Police ( you never ever dreamed of talking back to a copper), respect for teachers( teachers had dicipline and the power of dicipline - now eroded away), more importantly, respect for your family, parents , grand parents, brothers and sisters. The Catherine Tate "am I bovvered" sketches are so near to the truth that they are scary.

Personally, I think its too late...the hoodie generation who would happily kick a man to death for daring to tell them to be quiet is here to stay, and I think the way forward is to contain it.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think you mean Government :)

Besides, what ARE the Conservatives policies on youth crime and gun crime?

Hug a hoddie ( whilst he is sticking a knife in your back)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here