Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

11 Year old shot

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
When I was a boy at Hove Grammar it was all so very different... it was all about respect for the local bobby, greeting the headmaster in classical Greek every morning, singing the school song in the original Latin.. And feeling glad that we hadn't disgraced mater and pater by failing the eleven plus and being consigned to the Knoll so-called 'school' for future Borstal boys.

Oh, yes. We had proper GCEs in those days, not the ones you get free nowadays with a box of Col Sanders' Chicken McNuggets. And A-Levels that you could actually fail - imagine that! Only one in eight boys ever made it to university. The others were taken out and shot, or joined the Foreign Legion. And back then, girls didn't count, or maybe they hadn't been invented. Buggered if I can remember...

Clearly, the only answer to problem children is to stop all STUPID PEOPLE from BREEDING. Then we'd have no more stupid people's kids littering our streets with their hooded shell-suits, nasty Argos earrings, knuckle dusters and spray cans, horrid, brutish accents and complete ignorance of French irregular verbs. And if we did find any, they would of course be exterminated... preferably with their own guns.

That's what we need. Tougher laws. More armed police, more prisons, and more executions. It works!

Just look at the USA, where of course there is no violence, and no crime at all.

Nice, but there was actually a drop in overall passes at GCSE this year (no doubt due to Gordon Brown and his need to "inject cash into education" - so that next year they can rise again and he can call it a victory, much as Blair left office with the highest ever set of SAT scores).

We don't need tougher laws - we just need people to enforce the ones we have, and do it properly. We don't need executions (but I reserve the right to change my mind on that one!) - we need people to be frightened of the penal system - it should be punishment for the first 80% of the sentence, and then rehabilitation on the last 20% - and they should serve the full sentence unless they earn a max of a week per year for good behaviour.

It's not a case of "being taken out and shot" - we had apprenticeships, tech colleges, and people actually felt a sense of failure at signing on - they wanted to work. This current lot have no intention of working (eg last night's TV with Anne Widdicombe - the guy just reproduced, took up social housing, and made a fortune on the social - why should he work when we just keep supporting him?) There is no inherent shame in looking like a chav - they are mocked by the media and the public, but they still wear the same stuff, and don't care. It's not like it's just "cheap" clothing!

The easy social welfare life needs to be suspended, and punishment needs to be effective to stop the scum stealing to replace their giro. They need to understand where they fit into society, and to see what they need to do to be accepted back into it by the majority. If they choose to opt out, they need to see that they have a long life of deprivation, or prison time, ahead - not a holiday to the Caribbean, entertainment systems in their cells, and a social worker to tell them "there, there, it's all someone else's fault". It's f***ing not someone else's fault, it's theirs, and they need to be brought to account.

Notice that this is not just the youth, there are middle aged and older people who have adopted this lifestyle, and it needs to be stopped. The majority should not be dictated to by a minority who choose to life their lives outside the morals that the rest of us have.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Heard on the radio this evening that Everton FC (Rhys Jones was an Everton STH) are considering wearing black armbands at this weekend's fixture as a mark of respect.

I think it would be a great gesture if they donated their gate and TV revenue from the fixture as a reward for information leading to successful conviction of those responsible. Somehow, I can't see it happening, but I still believe it would be a great gesture, make a massive statement locally and nationally, and might just lead to the killer being caught sooner rather than later.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I saw the father of the boy being interviewed when he mistakingly gave the previous name of the pub then the penny dropped.

I know the area and the pub very well, since my girlfriends family lived there for years, 5 minutes walk away.

Not some inner city slum at all, the area is actually old farm land and the pub itself is a converted barn. Bit more like the home counties than Liverpool really, with lots of new development, big 3/4 bedroom family housing and not particular cheap either.

A bit Barrett Homes, but an unremarkable suburb.

Brookside was filmed near there I think, so imagine the Brookside close - that pretty much decribes it. A brookside actor used to live over the road I think.

However, I saw it start to decline a little over a few years, with petty vandalism and grafitti - but there are FAR worse places in Brighton alone to live.

You are also only a minutes drive away from some very run down areas, but I'm shocked to be honest.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Heard on the radio this evening that Everton FC (Rhys Jones was an Everton STH) are considering wearing black armbands at this weekend's fixture as a mark of respect.

I think it would be a great gesture if they donated their gate and TV revenue from the fixture as a reward for information leading to successful conviction of those responsible. Somehow, I can't see it happening, but I still believe it would be a great gesture, make a massive statement locally and nationally, and might just lead to the killer being caught sooner rather than later.

The poor kid was shot wearing his Everton kit. Of course they should wear armbands, but I'm not sure that a big reward is either necessary or particularly helpful.

Its not needed as a means to bring attention to the case, as you can be sure that everybody locally knows all about it already. There will have been nothing else in the Echo all week.

The perpetrator will be caught undoubtably, as one of his little toe-rag mates will get scared when they realise how serious the situation is, and will grass him up to save his own sorry hide.

The important thing after that is that enough information can be extracted from the killer to also snare those equally culpable - the supplier of the gun, the gang leaders, the drug dealers, etc...

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Can a 14 year old kid actually understand that he's killed someone? (or however old this child is who fired the gun)...

I'm sure I knew that peope died at that age but how to actually kill someone I wouldn't have had the foggiest...

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I don't know what's worse. That an 11 year old has been shot by a fellow child, or that I'm no longer shocked or suprised when such a thing happens.

(of course the murder is worse than my lack of shock, but you get the gist right?)

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
appears to be a lot of gun crime on the news this morning. What is this country coming to. I read in the papers a few days ago that Britain is tthe most violent society in Europe :(

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The police have known all along who did it, the problem has been generating enough evidence.

There's only one thing worse in Liverpool than being a murderer, and that's being a grass.

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
Blokes name who did it (allegedly) has been on You Tube for ages - Think the police just wanted to make sure it was water tight

Last edited:

I don't know what's worse. That an 11 year old has been shot by a fellow child, or that I'm no longer shocked or suprised when such a thing happens.

(of course the murder is worse than my lack of shock, but you get the gist right?)

To be honest, it looks worse when a child is shot by an adult(s).
I think a lot of kids would shoot other kids, if they had unbridled access to a firearm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here