Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1 more year for Hart confirmed...

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
oh good

Batti

Jul 19, 2010
It makes sense to me.

For me, OGH was the main reason we managed the 'great escape' a couple of season's back. To have someone in the squad who bleeds 'blue and white' could be exactly what we need, particularly at the end of the season when we will hopefully be pushing for promotion or play-offs. He is also the perfect utility player who can basically fill in anywhere on the pitch as needed. With him, Kish and El-Abd, we've got 3 players who, between them, can play in any position on the pitch.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
maybe because he is hard working, has a brilliant attitude and is a good example to all the younger players, Poyet is no mug and certain attributes are required in his players, Hart probably won't be first choice but he won't stop fighting for the opportunity - a complete professional and a credit to Brighton and the game

To me this is a stupendous signing at the moment due to the FACT I have just managed to get 12 goals out of him in 20 starts on FM10, not bad I know and probably the greatest achievement that will be associated with Gary Hart for this coming season.

Saying that, I LOVE the fact, as Dave the Gaffer pointed out some time ago, that we now have our own League One David Beckham, with bad knees to boot!

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
maybe because he is hard working, has a brilliant attitude and is a good example to all the younger players, Poyet is no mug and certain attributes are required in his players, Hart probably won't be first choice but he won't stop fighting for the opportunity - a complete professional and a credit to Brighton and the game

This

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

this, harty may not be technically be the best player - but you do not win games with 11 decent individuals, you win with the best team and this is why the likes of forster dickinson and cox have gone - because they do not have the personal attributes gus wants in his team.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
this, harty may not be technically be the best player - but you do not win games with 11 decent individuals, you win with the best team and this is why the likes of forster dickinson and cox have gone - because they do not have the personal attributes gus wants in his team.

I honestly DO understand all this, but the simple fact is that Gus DOESN'T pick him to play, does he? How many minutes did he play last year?

The ONLY sensible reaction to this news, is still; :shrug:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Can have a job for life as far as I'm concerned. A true Brighton legend.

As what though? Not denying the legend part. Nor that he should be retained in some capacity where he can actually contribute something useful. Maybe as a player-coach of the development squad - to instill in those young lads, all the FINE attributes he has.

But, as sixth choice, non-scoring forward, sorry - just don't get it.

:shrug:

The thing is, Hart signing a contract as a player is a bit farcical. He would be much more of an asset as a coach. He is simply not good enough anymore and never play's anyway yet it is always nice to see that after 11/12 seasons? Gary Hart is still there smiling and helping with morale.

I am sure that with Bennett, Baz, Lua Lua(maybe), Caskey, Jamie Smith... (plus all the strikers!) Opportunities will be hard to come by.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
He's always good to have coming off the bench for a ten minute spurt of 110% effort.

This.

Still well worth another year as a sub. What if he's being kept on on not very much money? That might make it more worth while than one might think. He's a safer option than a headless chicken skinny 17 year old getting kicked about a bit. I wish we'd kept the FDM on too.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
As what though? Not denying the legend part. Nor that he should be retained in some capacity where he can actually contribute something useful. Maybe as a player-coach of the development squad - to instill in those young lads, all the FINE attributes he has.

But, as sixth choice, non-scoring forward, sorry - just don't get it.

:shrug:

Well as things stand he is back up right winger and 3rd choice striker !

Reality is we will sign more and he will drop down the pecking order but finding a player who will be purely used for 15 / 20 mins here and there but they still give 110% and are good round the dressing room is priceless. You couldn't buy a player for that purpose and for that reason he has to be in.

Has more than enough experience about him to do a good job when called upon.

On top of that he is only 33, that isnt too old for someone who has kept themselves in great condition. This bloke has experience in the championship and has been in 2 L1 promotion teams. He has it in the locker for short bursts !

If we signed a similar layer ie the stats were the same , this board would be cumming over the fact he has pedigree

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here