Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Talk sport / Forster

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
They had an agent on today discussing certain issues pertaining to players contracts and how Pompey`s situation has arisen regarding whether or not some of their players will be able to play in the cup final.
He also mentioned how poor BHA had been in their dealing of the Nicky Forster matter a while ago. On the whole he reckoned that Brighton were a good club to deal with but he added that this time they had acted very badly over contract matters although now he thought Forster would come out of it well with a contract offered by Charlton.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
was it forsters agent or just an agent in general?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
An agent would have that opinion though wouldn't they? At the time, we didn't know what league we would be in and it is only right that the players were told to wait, especially someone like Forster who was a very high earner at the club.

Sir Norman Gull

Where's my poncho?
Mar 28, 2008
Location Location
Could that have been Forster's agent speaking? Unhappy about the way it was dealt with because he did not get what he wanted. Good to deal with normally-because we've taken on some duds on longish contracts!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They had an agent on today discussing certain issues pertaining to players contracts and how Pompey`s situation has arisen regarding whether or not some of their players will be able to play in the cup final.
He also mentioned how poor BHA had been in their dealing of the Nicky Forster matter a while ago. On the whole he reckoned that Brighton were a good club to deal with but he added that this time they had acted very badly over contract matters although now he thought Forster would come out of it well with a contract offered by Charlton.

He's an agent, though, whoever he works for. That's like asking a defence solicitor what they think of police officers. Or vice versa, come to think of it.

There's always going to be a vested interest.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I dont know if it was Forsters agent but maybe the fact he knew about a Charlton contract suggests it could have been. I think his name was Bill if thats any help. :lol:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I dont know if it was Forsters agent but maybe the fact he knew about a Charlton contract suggests it could have been. I think his name was Bill if thats any help. :lol:

Are you sure it wasn't Phil Smith?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
An agent would have that opinion though wouldn't they? At the time, we didn't know what league we would be in and it is only right that the players were told to wait, especially someone like Forster who was a very high earner at the club.

You're quite right of course, we didn't know what league we would be in. If memory serves me correctly, Forster had accepted that situation as per his comments on SSN on the 2nd January. Unfortunately, whilst still not being in a position to know what league we would be in next year the club announced a new contract to El Abd. I think that is the issue the agent is probably referring to regarding the Forster situation.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Forster didn't really leave the clubs management with many options. What message would it have sent out had Poyet backed down? The whole squad knew the score at Christmas, what made Forster think he was a special case?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
You're quite right of course, we didn't know what league we would be in. If memory serves me correctly, Forster had accepted that situation as per his comments on SSN on the 2nd January. Unfortunately, whilst still not being in a position to know what league we would be in next year the club announced a new contract to El Abd. I think that is the issue the agent is probably referring to regarding the Forster situation.
I think AEA got his contract before the 'no discussions until we are safe' announcement.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Which is explained by the fact that El Abd is a low earner and wouldn't need to take a pay cut were we to go down. Looking at others out of contract like Virgo and Kuipers, they are also both very high earners at the club, only right they had to wait.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You would hardly expect an agent to say otherwise, whether it was Forsters agent or not, but hasnt this been done to a death and we have all moved on the club and Forster.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I'm almost certain it was his agent, and it just showed him up to be the complete twat he is.

He was discussing clubs like Pomey and Palace going into adminastration and how agents lose out, and how no one thinks about the agents.

Then he said some clubs are better to deal with than others. It went something like this,

" Take Brighton and Hove Albion, who I don't what to have a go at, because we have had some good dealing in the past. Nicky Forster a 37 year old striker, and their manager decides to play god, and costs him a years contract, and dictates where he can or can't play".

I sure someone else will back me up on that quote.

Now, costs Forster a years contract?!?!? Plays God??! He's a manager for fucks sake, surely its down to him who gets a contract and which player plays where when he is under contract. And because Poyet never gave them what they wanted, when they wanted it, the accuse him of playing god (a role I think poyet could play if he so choosed!!!)

Listening to this prick on the radio, I think Poyet done Forster a massive favour in letting him go to Charlton, because if it was me, I'd have told Forster and his puppet to f*** off and sit and rot at home for the rest of the season, after the way they acted.

Seems to me, for that twat of an agent to use that as an example of how bad clubs treats players, says to me Poyet was 100% right to take the stand he did.

Forster and his twat, wanted an answer when the club were not prepared to give them, and still aren't, and the rest is history.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think AEA got his contract before the 'no discussions until we are safe' announcement.

There was a story doing the rounds that another club had come in for him and Poyet jumped in quick because he rates him and didnt want to lose him. Which to me is fair enough and didnt create any form of precadent..

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

our resident Forster apologist (or one of them anyway) :lolol:

No club in our position was at that time (or is at present) negotiating new contracts.

You can bet that agents of players with clubs who may still be promoted have failed to beat a path to the clubs' doors in the hope that the delay might give rise to a stronger bargaining position if they do go up :wrong:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Indeed. From memory his offer was on the table just after Poyet took over back in November.

Well not according to some of those at the Burgess Hill forum where it was suggested that Poyet himself had said the contract was offered early in December. Now why would the manager of a club he has just taken over sanction a contract so early when he has had little time to assess all members of the squad, including his leading scorer. It was a cock up which has cost us our leading scorer.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Drew, I'm not getting into an agrument with you again, but I really really think you need to check your timelines and facts before going over all this again:)

Feb 14, 2010
I dont suppose the agent mentioned that Foster shouted his mouth off on sky and was up for a players revolt because he thinks the employee should tell the employer who to hire? No thought not, well done to the club for showing him the door. And the fella waned to be a coach! imaging him negotiating contracts. Footballers - brains in their boots

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here