Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loan rumours

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Ok - so I heard 2 rumours relating to possible loan signings yesterday:

1. Darren Currie will sign on loan for us on Thursday for the rest of the season.

2. George O'Callaghan might re-join the Albion.

Papa

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Both would be good if they come off (assuming this isn't another "Forster To Palace"-esque wind-up).

The creativity and attacking play of O'C alongside the more solid, defensive work of Thompson would work very well, and Murray and Forster would surely benefit from Currie's crosses.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I really can't see GOC in the stripes again, he dissed DK and has signed a for an Irish club. Currie is more realistic.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I heard we are talking to Reading, no idea who for though.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
the first was heard by quite a few people at the match, the source being a text from an NSC member - I would say that this one is likely.

the second was from a person I met after the match who claims to have spoken to George himself (on the phone), due to being a close friend of a few of the current Albion squad, who drink in a particular Worthing pub. This one seems much less likely.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I cant see GOC coming back to us, DK would be fool to have him back after his little outburst. As a loan player, that's unforgivable.

As for Currie, that would be a great signing for us - just hope we can pull it off!

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
On Brigtonfans forum about Currie.
Luton never even played him yesterday. Luton todaywebsite and official site Harford says that they have too may strikers and not enough defenders.
Bedford today paper
"We haven't got anyone who is big and strong and can attack the ball. Opposing teams are always going to expose that. There is a major imbalance in the squad. We have too many full backs, too many strikers and not enough centre halves.

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
Sounds very suspicious to me. That George one sounds absolute rubbish. Not going to happen. The Currie one sounds far too speculative and obvious. I can't see it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Georgie boy can get lost as far as I am concerned, slagged us off so not much good for harmony.

As for Currie - he can have my babies anytime

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
George O'Callaghan has signed for Cork City, the side he used to play for before he joined Ipswich. I cannot see them letting him go 2 weeks after signing him, especially a loan move, whats in it for them?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
George O'Callaghan has signed for Cork City, the side he used to play for before he joined Ipswich. I cannot see them letting him go 2 weeks after signing him, especially a loan move, whats in it for them?

Possibly a loan with a view to a sale as presumasbly they got him on a free so they would make some money, but highly unlikely that they would do that. Also unlikely that we would resign him because of his outburst and he would need to drop his wage demands considerably to make it a viable option for us, or we would have signed him from Ipswich originally.

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
Any more news on the Swiss winger Nikolic? Currie would be a great signing, but if we were gonna get him would we not have got him during the tranfers window? I don't see why Luton would let him go out on loan rather than sell him out right.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am sure that somebody posted on here previously that Currie was on about 13k per week, hence Luton being in administartion, but I may have misread it and it was 13k per month

Booley

Dec 23, 2004
East Acton
Would love to have both of them back but can't see it happening.
A young winger from Reading or Arsenal would do nicely!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Any more news on the Swiss winger Nikolic? Currie would be a great signing, but if we were gonna get him would we not have got him during the tranfers window? I don't see why Luton would let him go out on loan rather than sell him out right.

His wages must be pretty high hence why Luton would let him go. Would be an excellent addition to the side. No chance of GOC coming back, absolutely no chance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here