Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please PM me with the usernames of all those who have been arsing about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yeah so did I at first! Then realised they were sodding about and just ignored them!
The thing is, I didn't even notice that it was out of the ordinary, so just ignored it.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
I thought it was a virus! So shit myself and logged out unless I caught it!

it was doing my head right in! Thank god normality is restored.

Yeah so did I at first! Then realised they were sodding about and just ignored them!

Its a shame as the sensible and interesting people post less and less now. The site seems to be more and more one for the mentally challenged, those with anger management issues and a site for people to attack in packs. I just ignored the bollocks, just boring really. We need some more interesting characters here.

All these, agree with

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Just got in to find reports of several users being absolute cocks today.

Four of them already have bans that will be in place until they email me with an explanation of what they were up to.

Please PM me the usernames of any more to save me time hunting them out.

Thanks.
I think you know the culprits to be fair.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
"NSC has never been this bad" is a line that's been posted from about day 2 of NSC and, I'm sure, will be posted until the very day NSC dies.

The curious this is that every single metric you care to mention illustrates NSC has never been so popular/successful. Here's some...

- Number of pages served per month
- Number of visitors
- Number of repeat visitors
- Number of new visitors
- Advertising revenues
- Hosting bills (high not low!)
- Number of posts
- Number of new threads
- Number of active registered users
- Reported posts/post ratio (low)

It's a bit of a wanky line that I don't very much like myself, but if you're not part of the solution then you are part of the problem, and in NSC's case it is true. By posting quality, by not responding to crap, by not responding to insults and by using the 'report post' function you become a big part of raising the quality here. If you don't do those things, then you have no right to moan.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Holidays = kids. Add in a bad result for the Albion and you have a recipe for this site to take a dive.
We will win on Tuesday and the schools are back next week = end of problem (well "endish" anyway) :lol:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
It's a bit of a wanky line that I don't very much like myself, but if you're not part of the solution then you are part of the problem, and in NSC's case it is true. By posting quality, by not responding to crap, by not responding to insults and by using the 'report post' function you become a big part of raising the quality here. If you don't do those things, then you have no right to moan.

No criticism but if you don't respond to "report posts" then it's kind of understandable to think "what's the point?"

In respect to this partic incident then as [MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION] said you prob know who they are and it's a pity that a fella with a decent view - even though I didn't agree with him - has been hounded off here by what appears a gang mentality

It's a bloody good forum but I'd bugger off if I got the shit that some do for just expressing an opinion

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The Twitter accounts of the protagonists today has highlighted what a good laugh it seems to be to trash perfectly decent threads on here, and they fully intend to re-register. That may work, but only for a limited amount of time. They will get found out and removed when discovered.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Reporting posts is a highly effective way of dealing with 'bad posters'. Each moderator gets an email, immediately, like the below. Additionally a new thread gets created in the secret mod area. The email and post includes a direct link to the post concerned. Mods will take a look as soon as they can and will act as required, up to and including a permanent ban.

----------------------------

Bozza has reported a post.

Reason:
Abusive behaviour
Post: Please PM me with the usernames of all those who have been arsing about
Forum: The Big Board
Assigned Moderators: Lord Bracknell, El Presidente, Titanic, Hiney, hans kraay fan club, hitony, Giraffe, sam86, Bozza test

Posted by: Bozza
Original Content:
The Twitter accounts of the protagonists today has highlighted what a good laugh it seems to be to trash perfectly decent threads on here, and they fully intend to re-register. That may work, but only for a limited amount of time. They will get found out and removed when discovered.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Reporting posts is a highly effective way of dealing with 'bad posters'. Each moderator gets an email, immediately, like the below. Additionally a new thread gets created in the secret mod area. The email and post includes a direct link to the post concerned. Mods will take a look as soon as they can and will act as required, up to and including a permanent ban.

----------------------------

Bozza has reported a post.

Reason:
Post: Please PM me with the usernames of all those who have been arsing about
Forum: The Big Board
Assigned Moderators: Lord Bracknell, El Presidente, Titanic, Hiney, hans kraay fan club, hitony, Giraffe, sam86, Bozza test

Posted by: Bozza
Original Content:

Are you going to ban yourself for your own abusive behaviour then? ???

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Have I missed something - been baking cake !!!

Schools out - every time there is a spate of inanity. Any chance of a minimum age for posting (possibly including mental ages) ?

NSC might be increasingly popular (probably linked to increasing sucess on the pitch) but unfortunately it doesn't necessarily come with an increase in quality.

Have I missed something - been baking cake !!!

Schools out - every time there is a spate of inanity. Any chance of a minimum age for posting (possibly including mental ages) ?

NSC might be increasingly popular (probably linked to increasing sucess on the pitch) but unfortunately it doesn't necessarily come with an increase in quality.

Once again, I say that these were all adults.

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
Wait, so you get banned for copying what people say?

Seems a pretty shitty rule to be quite honest.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I expect a lot to do with the "idiots" larking about today was the fact that there were not many mods on the board. Easter Sunday and I expect they were out having fun with their families - if they had been on here I suspect it would not have continued for as long as it did.

Well done to Bozza though for sorting it out!

:thumbsup:

NSC is a great board - Ive just got back from dropping my son and his mates down Hove Lawns for a kick about with some of the lads on here - that's a positive thing - he'd been lounging round the house all day until I suggested maybe going down and joining in - hope they enjoy it and make it a regular thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here