Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Response from fan banned from 1901

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Sounds like playground nonsense to me and with all the posts on here seems there are plenty of schoolchildren to keep the rumour mill in full operation.

How is someone being banned for 2 years playground nonsense ?.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
I don't know why everyone is so amazed that it wasn't covered by CCTV. Do you really think they're going to film 22,000 people all of the time? There is one CCTV camera suspended from the West Stand roof and I've no doubt there are others that I haven't spotted, but no way are they going to catch everything. If there is a major incident, this can be seen from the control room in the corner, or by response stewards, and the CCTV cameras can be pointed in the right direction. I very much doubt a small incident like this would've been seen, at least not quickly enough.

Having said all this, if the story is true, I wish the poor bloke affected the best of luck.

I know for a fact that every single seat at Old Trafford can be viewed by CCTV, so I would assume it would be possible at a smaller, state of the art stadium.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I read somewhere or possibly heard on a radio interview that the club, it could have been from Richard Hebberd, once said that we had state of the art CCTV that can pinpoint any particular seat and has a a continual watch on every seat and its occupant at all times during a match. If this is true there would be CCTV footbage that could be examined.

Out of curiosity was this the incident that occurred just behind the WSL near the 18yd box of the team playing from the South Stand.

BG. The incident happened in the 1901 club not WSL

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
This is a sorry state of affairs. I'm not sure which bit of this whole thing 'this' is referring to, but something here is not right

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
This thread is playground nonsense. As it happens I'm not that fussed about the incident anyway. The bloke already admitted poking the fan, that's assault right tthere. Tbh, I don't really care that much about it.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
But people calling him a c**t and slating him on this thread in particular could lead to the website being landed in hot water. Is it worth it? Yes you can talk about him but to just generally slag him off over an incident which we do not know all the facts of, is asking for trouble

Maybe the mods would be better employed deleting those specific comments - rather than trying to airbrush out of existence the fact that Richard Hebberd is actually the operations manager at the club. Non-abusive, non-libellous posts are being edited for no reason.

To be fair the bloke did get some terrible unwarranted abuse on here over one of those earlier banning episodes, which seemed for a while to have prejudiced him against some Brighton fans. But I'm assuming he's not 'anti-fan' in general, because I don't see how you could work for a football club if you were.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
A pie, a pint and a Thai hand job all for a tenner........

I saw this really attractive Thai bird on the train the other day. She noticed me looking at her and I thought to myself "please don't get an erection, please don't get an erection" but unfortunately she did.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
As others have said, going forward there needs to be a proper process put in place for such things covering such things as investigation and appeals.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I don't know why everyone is so amazed that it wasn't covered by CCTV. Do you really think they're going to film 22,000 people all of the time? There is one CCTV camera suspended from the West Stand roof and I've no doubt there are others that I haven't spotted, but no way are they going to catch everything. If there is a major incident, this can be seen from the control room in the corner, or by response stewards, and the CCTV cameras can be pointed in the right direction. I very much doubt a small incident like this would've been seen, at least not quickly enough.

Having said all this, if the story is true, I wish the poor bloke affected the best of luck.

I would have thought they had enough cameras around to cover the complete stand, they don't all have to be zoomed in all the time to each individual but cover blocks. What's the point in having it if it can't be used unless someone has spotted the incident first?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
How is someone being banned for 2 years playground nonsense ?.

To be honest it looks like the guy has been banned for just that (unless there's more to this situation than that which we've been told, obviously).

H2O

Jul 27, 2004
Hove
This thread is playground nonsense. As it happens I'm not that fussed about the incident anyway. The bloke already admitted poking the fan, that's assault right tthere. Tbh, I don't really care that much about it.

Yet you have felt the need to post twice on this thread.......

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
I read somewhere or possibly heard on a radio interview that the club, it could have been from Richard Hebberd, once said that we had state of the art CCTV that can pinpoint any particular seat and has a a continual watch on every seat and its occupant at all times during a match. If this is true there would be CCTV footbage that could be examined.

Out of curiosity was this the incident that occurred just behind the WSL near the 18yd box of the team playing from the South Stand.

Yes that's the one ! And i gave myself as a witness , they took my card details and not heard anything ! Strange !

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I know H2O, it's a mad mad mad mad mad mad world isn't it?!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes that's the one ! And i gave myself as a witness , they took my card details and not heard anything ! Strange !

Like a motor accident when most people look when they hear the collision I saw the ruck but not sufficient to be a witness as it was after the initial incident and my attention was grabbed by the shouting and general commotion.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I believe there is one individual at the club who is on a personal power trip and that is all I am going to say. No names. If these facts are true it is an utter disgrace.

Seems that way. More concerning is the fact it's not just affecting his "sporting life". His job's being threatened, this is serious stuff and the club ought to be ashamed of its conduct. You are indeed guilty until proved innocent in the peoples republic of BHA. Which is further compounded by the fact you can't even have a "trial" to prove your innocence it seems.

What's happened to the Palace fan in all this? Did our stadium big-wigs drive him home and put him to bed I wonder with a nice cup of coco? Shameful albion. Utter disgrace.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Seems that way. More concerning is the fact it's not just affecting his "sporting life". His job's being threatened, this is serious stuff and the club ought to be ashamed of its conduct. You are indeed guilty until proved innocent in the peoples republic of BHA. Which is further compounded by the fact you can't even have a "trial" to prove your innocence it seems.

What's happened to the Palace fan in all this? Did our stadium big-wigs drive him home and put him to bed I wonder with a nice cup of coco? Shameful albion. Utter disgrace.
Why are you so prepared to simply believe ONE account of this story? And how do you know the Palace fan isn't being dealt with, through the owners of his guest ticket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here