Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Bellamy / Daily Mail - sheep-sh***er - racism (merged)

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Were I a conspiracy theorist I'd point out that Kick It Out have long been criticised for not doing anything about homophobic chants, something they have recently started trying to address with a homophobia section on their website, etc. How better to initiate that debate in the press than by targetting the supporters who get the most homophobic abuse with a spurious racism charge. Cue those supporters pointing out "yeah, but look at what we have to put up with..." as you are doing. Very clever of Kick It Out if this is their plan. I am reasonably suspicious that it is...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Andy Naylor reporting The FA have cleared us of any racial abuse against Bellamy

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
An article by Paul Elliot about his involvement with Kick it out. Mentions that Homophobia is being tackled by that organisation.

Really ?

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks

This is bizarre. The actual allegation was surely that the 'sheep shagger' chant (and the like) is racist. They seem now to be avoiding the subject of whether it is racism as well as the homophobic abuse we get by cooking up a new story. It sounds like bullshit to me and a rehash of a comical story from a few decades ago.

The whole thing is laughable.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Brighton-Apology1a.gif

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
sheepshaggers was really just seasiders

just been on the website and found out a viewer alerted the media about the whole sheepshagger thing because he misheard seasiders

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Amazed that one anonymous complaint from a television viewer can lead to a full investigation and a write up in a national newspaper

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here