Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Bellamy / Daily Mail - sheep-sh***er - racism (merged)

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Incredible...
Reporting "racial" abuse whilst watching on TV. Do you really have nothing better to do!?
Any money it was some armchair Liverpool fan from Surrey aswell :facepalm:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Does that mean Sid gets his season ticket back?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Apparently you are able to kill a Welshman within the (Roman) walls of Chester (Deva) with a longbow.

I thought that law had been updated for the 21st century and its now a can of strongbow :jester:

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
"Fans of the club were heard chanting 'Seasiders' during the Carling Cup tie, but one member of the public misheard the chant while watching on television and reported Albion to The FA, as well as alerting the media." - from the official site.

Reminds me of the (urban myth?) story of being investigated for having far-right supporters at The Goldstone, but and enquiry found the chants were 'Seagulls'...

PS - "The FA wish to thank the club for proactively co-operating on this matter. The FA, Kick It Out and Brighton and Hove Albion do not condone any form of discrimination or abuse."

So there'll be no more 'gay chants' at us then?

ants4t

Jun 17, 2011
fantastic PR cover up by the club, Bellamy was getting all kinds of abuse when he was taking corners in front of the North Stand

All kinds of abuse, yes, but how much of it was racist? He gets abuse because he's a twat that loves winding up the opposing fans - I think him being Welsh is a side issue.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
All kinds of abuse, yes, but how much of it was racist? He gets abuse because he's a twat that loves winding up the opposing fans - I think him being Welsh is a side issue.

This !!!

He's a cock & I'm sure he don't worry too much about the abuse when he checks his bank balance anyway

Last edited:

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
The Mail have just announced they're introducing a corrections column similar to those in other papers. I wonder if this non story will feature?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
"Fans of the club were heard chanting 'Seasiders' during the Carling Cup tie, but one member of the public misheard the chant while watching on television and reported Albion to The FA, as well as alerting the media." - from the official site.

Reminds me of the (urban myth?) story of being investigated for having far-right supporters at The Goldstone, but and enquiry found the chants were 'Seagulls'...

PS - "The FA wish to thank the club for proactively co-operating on this matter. The FA, Kick It Out and Brighton and Hove Albion do not condone any form of discrimination or abuse."

So there'll be no more 'gay chants' at us then?

Sieg Heil chants

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I wonder if it was Sid that made the call?

No seriously, this is utterly ridiculous. I mean 1 Person, watching TV???? Hard of hearing or watching on a bad tv? CRAZY

So next time I hear Homophic chanting at us I'll contact Kick it out and the FA and get about 2000 fans Investigated?

Maybe we should actually, I hear the argument that some are making that they don't want to have to explain what taking it up the bum is to their kids.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here