[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
He's changed agents several times since signing that deal for £130k a week. Nobody put a gun to his head, but reading between the lines the leeches and hangers-on have done very, very well out of him committing his long-term future to CPFC2010.

He's gradually realised he's been held back by a small club which (by completely pricing him out of the market) has ensured he will have spent an entire career in utter mediocrity, with no chance of ever winning anything. In fairness his talent probably deserved better, but he's shackled in a loveless marriage of convenience and its too late to do anything about it now.

All true. I'm thinking, so i feel sorry for him?

Nah.

Tough shit you greedy fecker. You get what you deserve, a mediocre career in and sub-mediocre club.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Wilf just might want to stay when our new manager is announced :smile:

Nobody seems to be that interested in the SEGW, but as Dougie rightly has stated in May, once this new man is announced he’ll likely stay. He’s had the inside scoop for 5 weeks has Dougie :clap2:

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
I'm still backing him for player/manager, he must be on the shortlist by now surely? Has he got his coaching badges do we know?

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I'm still backing him for player/manager, he must be on the shortlist by now surely? Has he got his coaching badges do we know?

I think we've discerned you don't need badges to be eligible, you just need to have at least one Covid vaccine shot. Or at least have it booked in. Well, planning on booking it. Anti-vaxxers also allowed to apply ofc.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just out of interest, when does his contract end? Presumably if he wants to leave Palace he won't sign an extension. Carry on trousering his £110K a week, and leave on a free. Obviously with lower wages in the future.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I fear that Dibley might be stuck there. Beaky and the gang have been dazzled by the belief that he is 'invaluable' and have unrealistic expectations of the transfer fee he could attract.

He's a great player in many respects. However, he is immature and does not do dead balls. A top 6 club does not need that sort of player, or at least will not pay what they perceive to be over the odds.

Looking at the the other media transfer stories, you can see that the dangerous kunnt from north London could attract a high fee as after all, he scores more than the average PL Striker. The girly haired Villa player will attract a big fee as the likes of the Manchester clubs and Liverpool will pay handsomely when they think their 11 will be enhanced. Ben White could go for more in a season, but he's a a centre half when all is said and done. Us and Villa would not be a man down, we can both replace and have change left over. We lose their uniqueness, but that's not something to lose your shit over. Dibley cannot be replaced 'like for like' either but so what?

It won't end as well as it could/should have for club or player. Never mind eh? Great decision making as usual up there.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Must be so demoralising to have such an over inflated ego and literally YEARS have gone by with nobody willing to pay the silly fees or wages etc. No wonder his attitude is so bad and his eyes pop out his little head :lol:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Weren't many bods in those videos. A little light in the squad numbers..........

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
Portsmouth are there as well, and had arranged to play Palace in a friendly. Palace cancelled due to unforseen circumstances. Lack of players?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports