Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

your favourite piece of commentary?

Seagulls4life

Jul 30, 2010
Brighton
Buckley's 2nd against Doncaster, Storrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeer, the Bridcutt volley and weirdly the winner against Walsall last season, which is arguably the goal that won us the league!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I thought it was Brian Moore.

I'm 99.1% sure it was Pearce (this is radio commentary I'm talking about not television). There's no way Brian Moore would have been screaming "Mickeeeeyy Thooommmmasss, Mickeeeeey Thommmasss" in the nutzoid style that this was done in.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As the OP didn't stipulate only football, I'm going to throw this in:-

Coleman actually checks himself, on the final bend.
If he hadn't that commentary would not have been BBC!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It's Bobby Moore.

(Beats opponent) Oh,so cool !

(Loses ball) Too cool !

( Opponents score) One -nil !!

It was an England International,so I'd guess Motson,but I can't even guess at the opponents.

Sounds like against Poland when the Poles won 2-0 and put the skids under our World Cup qualification. I think I remember seeing it on YouTube with England wearing yellow shirts.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
I'm 99.1% sure it was Pearce (this is radio commentary I'm talking about not television). There's no way Brian Moore would have been screaming "Mickeeeeyy Thooommmmasss, Mickeeeeey Thommmasss" in the nutzoid style that this was done in.

The famous commentary "Thomas..charging through the midfield..it's up for grabs now....THOMAS! RIGHT AT THE END!! etc...etc...was Brian Moore. No one cares about the radio commentary.

[yt]t96cj5LtmLo[/yt]

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The famous commentary "Thomas..charging through the midfield..it's up for grabs now....THOMAS! RIGHT AT THE END!! etc...etc...was Brian Moore. No one cares about the radio commentary.

[yt]t96cj5LtmLo[/yt]

Yeah, definitely Brian Moore - that's the famous 'It's up for grabs now'.

But Cheeky Monkey is talking about the radio commentary. Why Pearce calls him Mickey Thomas when he was always known as Michael Thomas I'm not quite sure tho!

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Was around 72 to 75 era I think. Sunday afternoon highlights and Paul Cannell was playing for Newcastle. It went something like " A long ball forward is held up well by Macdonald, inside for Cannell its a goal" split my sides at the time and still do, sad i know

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
'A back heel for Case who can also strike them.
What a superb goal from Jimmy Case.
That must have been all of 35 yards, and it didn't give Boulder a sniff !'

FA Cup Semi-final vs Sheffield. Weds 1983.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Can't find the exact commentary, but when the British commentator starts hollering COME ON KELLY, YOU CAN DO IT KELLY..

Kelly Holmes - 800m Final Athens 2004 - Jumping up and down in hotel room at the time.. :)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Yeah, definitely Brian Moore - that's the famous 'It's up for grabs now'.

But Cheeky Monkey is talking about the radio commentary. Why Pearce calls him Mickey Thomas when he was always known as Michael Thomas I'm not quite sure tho!

It was on Capitol Gold or Capitol whatever it was called back then. No one who heard that repeated "Mickey Thomas" scream could ever forget it. Anyway hopefully that's put that one to bed once and for all!

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here