Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

your favourite piece of commentary?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
My fav sproting one is the Radio 5 commentary of the moment Jonny Wilkinson kicked the drop goal in the 2003 wrold cup final, still makes my hairs stand up on edge. i have it on MP3 file, but dont know how to load it.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
"You're not there yet Swindon.........VVVVVVVVVVIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Bjørge Lillelien, 1981. :bowdown:

"Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me? Maggie Thatcher, jeg har et budskap til deg midt under valgkampen. Jeg har et budskap til deg: Vi har slått England ut av Verdensmesterskapet i fotball. Maggie Thatcher, som de sier på ditt språk i boksebarene rundt Madison Square Garden i New York: Your boys took a hell of a beating! Your boys took a hell of a beating!"

For those whose Norwegian is a bit rusty...

"We are the best in the world! We are the best in the world! We have beaten England 2-1 in football!! It is completely unbelievable! We have beaten England! England, birthplace of giants. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--we have beaten them all. We have beaten them all. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me? Maggie Thatcher, I have a message for you in the middle of the election campaign. I have a message for you: We have knocked England out of the football World Cup. Maggie Thatcher, as they say in your language in the boxing bars around Madison Square Garden in New York: Your boys took a hell of a beating! Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
That's more like it :)

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
"poland nil, england nil, though england are now looking the better value for their nil."

“the italians have only themselves to blame, because they will not learn”

"and where were the germans? But frankly... Who cares?"

hockey!!!!!! Doesn't count

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Only two candidates..............

'Played forward for Robinson, Robinson going forward strong, he's inside the Manchester United penalty area, he finds Smith, and Smith must score, ...............................and he hasn't scored, and Bailey has saved it'.

Commander

Arrogant Prat
NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
"And England have done it! In the last minute of extra time!"

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
This. End of.

"Stooooooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtttttttttttttttttttt Sttttttttttttttttttttttttttooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

has got the goal!!!!!!!!!!! which could lift Brighton off the bottom of the table!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim Proudfoot - what a moment

Look on Stuart Weir's site for the video with the commentary. Gives me Goosebumps just watching it even now 14 years later

The following comments are written on the back of print number 97 of the limited edition print series The Last Goal

Steve Gritt 8th December 2006

I was beginning to think that there wasn’t going to be any goals in the game as there hadn’t been to many chances during the game that i can remember. Suddenly we had a corner from which Mark Morris eventually hit the bar confirming my thoughts. But suddenly the ball fell to Stuart who struck it into the net to spark off unbelievable celebrations on the pitch, off the pitch and in the dugout. Could we now keep our composure and see the game out to a memorable 1 nil win? We did! What a day and what a memory.

Stuart Storer 7th December 2006

As the ball came in my direction I headed it goal wards, the keeper punched the ball to Mark Morris who in turn thumped his header against the crossbar. As the ball fell my way I realised I had time and space to score. I tried to steady myself and concentrate on hitting the target. I made great contact with the ball and hit the net. My celebrations were a blur and it took me several minutes to recover from them.

Last edited:

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
'Suddenly Ali looks very tired indeed, in fact Ali, at times now, looks as though he can barely lift his arms up... Oh he's got him with a right hand! He's got him! Oh you can't believe it. And I don't think Foreman's going to get up. He's trying to beat the count. And he's out! OH MY GOD he's won the title back at 32! Muhammad Ali!'
- Harry Carpenter

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
motty: aaron lennon goes..all the waAYYY. his voice.

Commander

Arrogant Prat
NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I didn't even know about Brighton at the time but the commentary when Stuart Storer scores send shivers down my spine every time I hear it..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here