Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worcs v Sussex CC Div1 Relegation Off

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Cometh the hour
Cometh the Monty

230 all out will be a nice 140 or so lead for Sussex.
Pile on the runs tomorrow and declare at 5pm about 430 ahead.
Wrap it up by tea on Saturday and we should be safe.

Phew!

TNBA

TTF

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Worcs all out for 222, Khan gets his third, Monty finishes with a michelle.

Lead of 153, will we make them follow on?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Worcs all out for double Nelson.

Will Sussex enforce the follow-on? I reckon we'll bat again and try and get 200-220 quick runs and have a couple of overs at them tonight.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Didnt somebody say a draw with batting points will be enough to keep us up. If so I would say enforce the follow on and let them bat the match out or we tear them to pieces again it wont matter. There is no way they will score enough runs fast enough to put us in the likelhood of a defeat.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think that we are going to bat the day/match out. If we score runs quick enough to scent a victory go for it but I would have gone the other route of safety with the follow on.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Plan should be to bat all day (ho! ho!) and then some tomorrow in order to put the game completely out of Worcs reach. Winning is a secondary priority, not losing is the first.

That being my view I would have enforced the follow on and let them bat as long as they wanted as they wouldnt have scored sufficient runs quick enough to consider a win. If we bowled them out quicker so to the good.

That being my view I would have enforced the follow on and let them bat as long as they wanted as they wouldnt have scored sufficient runs quick enough to consider a win. If we bowled them out quicker so to the good.

Far enough but if they're around 300 with some wickets left tonight then you've let them back in the game with our dodgy batting having to survive a couple of sessions tomorrow on a deteriorating wicket - cf Ali and Panesar have already taken 5 wickets each on first innings. On balance, I would "risk" our flids today rather than choosing to bat last - still with the Yards/Robbo combo's record this season we could well end up as per Simster's prediction.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My view was that to make 300 + and still be only 150 in front, they would need to bat today and possibly untill lunch tomorrrow and that they would probably if scoring runs bat on too long and not leave themselves long enough to bowl us out.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Personally, with a dodgy weather forecast for the weekend, I would have invited Worcestershire to have another go.

Then, the worst we could do would be to draw the game

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here