Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will this be the greatest movie of all time ? / Event of the year

Kev the Ape

batman begins is out this year, the Jetsons movie is out this year and War of the worlds comic is coming out done by Pete Jarvis the creator of Striker.

Last edited:

sullyupthewing said:
Lets hope they do it justice, it looks as though it has been Americanised so we will wait and see.

Albeit fictional, you'd like to think that there would be some semblance of relativity in films, so the audience can feel part of the film experience.

Instead, I expect the 'Armegeddon' type of crap, where overdoing-it-for-the-sake-of-spectacular-dramatism
will preside.
One bloke will probably be saving everyone, hardly a scratch, coiffeured slick hair, well fed and tanned, and that deeply-concerned look as he takes everything on bravely and ends up with Liv Tyler or some other such pouty raver.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Tom Cruise would be underrated if he had been in any films (Collateral an exception) that demanded that he actually act.

And don't say Jerry Macguire.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Tom Cruise would be underrated if he had been in any films (Collateral an exception) that demanded that he actually act.

Rain Man
Born on the 4th of July
A Few Good Men
The Last Samurai

Cocktail

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
one film there is, only this year!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Quite. He's little more than a line delivery machine in most films.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Easy 10 said:
Rain Man
Born on the 4th of July
A Few Good Men
The Last Samurai

Cocktail

Rain Man - debateable (shit film anyway)
Born on the 4th July - I said ACT
A few good men - just stood there looking moody mostly
The Last Samurai - really?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I am going to defend Cruise here, I though he was excellent in Magnolia and also Vanilla Sky, I also even thought he put in a good performance in Eyes Wide Shut althoguht he film only ok at best.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Some people just don't like TC I guess, and never will. Personally I think he's excellent, and is rarely in a bad film.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I quite like Cruise as an actor, he gets slated because of his leading man Hollywood blockbuster type image, but he does a good job. A Few Good Men is one of my favorite films and need I mention a couple of 80s classics in Top Gun and Cocktail.

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy
clapham_gull said:
The chances of that being the greatest movie of all time are a million to one...

... they said.
:clap2:
It's doing the working and the thinking that tires a man out.
oooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhh

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Cruise is a pretty average actor. He has a twinkle and a certain star quality, but you always know it's him in his films and that's an awful burden. He never suspends my disbelief.

Spielberg is a bit of an embarassment, i reckon. Technically brilliant, but lacking in any understanding of warmth or depth of character.
I expect War of the Worlds to be a film i actively avoid.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

ermm Magnolia?

Tom Cruise is a top actor. He is labelled a 'pretty boy' and so people only think he's in films because of his looks when in fact he was an absolutly brilliant actor.

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
clapham_gull said:
The chances of that being the greatest movie of all time are a million to one...

... they said.

"Hooooooolaaaaarrrrrrrrrr......."

Ive got the original radio show on some limited edition vinyl set at home somewhere...

Some great wailing guitars....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here