Lancing
www.waroftheworlds.com

The greatest director of all time - Spielberg
One of the most underrated and consistent actors of a generation - Criuse

$ 140 000 000 budget.

July 2005.

I am counting the days.

It will be awesome.

Knock Star Wars 6 - Return of the Sith, into a cocked hat I reckon.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The original hardly raised the bar , so the man who made Schindler's List, ET, Close Encounters, Saving Private Ryan, Jurassic Park, Minority Report, Raiders can be relied on to do it justice I am sure.

I hope it's really true to the original book by H G Wells and is situated in London.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
No. The movie synopsis says, "Seen through the eyes of one American family." Yet again the Yanks think the whole world revolves around them. No American in the Great Escape, no British troops seen in Saving Private Ryan, and the list goes on. Bring back Jeoff Wayne.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Gareth Glover said:
www.waroftheworlds.com

The greatest director of all time - Spielberg
One of the most underrated and consistent actors of a generation - Criuse

Agree with Cruise, but Spielberg isn't the greatest director of all time.. maybe the best living director.. but not the best ever.

Stanley Kubrick would kick his ass!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
war of the worlds? whats the point, i mean not only do you know how it ends but youve seen a dozen variation on the theme, so it cant even come at with a twist. Im sure it'll be a great cimematic experience but will be distinctly average in most over respects.

Sorry, im just tired of the whole treadmill of bollocks that passes for cinema.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It should be good...but its not going to be an all-out action jobbie. Expect more of a souped-up "Signs", as it focusses on how the invasion affects one family in particular - the catastrophe is seen primarily through their eyes. Spielberg has still promised fireworks and some spectacular sequences though.

It'll be a smash. Cruise gets better and better with age, and how many turkeys has Spielberg churned out ? The blokes a GENIUS for christs sake. Bring it on.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He was good in the Blues Brothers. (Spielberg that is.)

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Not as good as 'The Magic Roundabout'. Went this afternoon...actually scared the crap out of my son at times although I thought it was great. Best bit to watch out for is when Brian the Snail figures out how to overcome Ze Bad!!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The chances of that being the greatest movie of all time are a million to one...

... they said.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Spielberg a great director?

Do me a favour.

I cannot believe the number of people singing his praises on here. He's f***ing useless.

I would love to see War of the Worlds on the big screen but I'm not bringing myself to see some Spielberg shite.

Now the hitch-hiker movie on the other hand, that is exciting. But NAS as Ford Prefect??? How did they work that one out?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here