Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will any big sides 'Swoop' for Dunk?

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I would think there is a possibility that a big club will come in with a bid at Christmas with a loan back agreement until the end of the season. I think people talking of £5m + are not being realistic as very few defenders go for that kind of money, strikers and midfield yes, but not defenders. I would think that £3m is more realistic and both TB and Gus while not wanting to lose him will not wish to hold him back in his career.

How much did United pay for Smalling or Jones?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
According to Aspinal Spurs are looking at him.

He is only 19 so to leave in the next transfer window would be stupid as no way would he get a regular place in the Premiership.

Spuds would set him back like they did Zamora, Bostock, Rose, Gunther. Better for his development now to stay put.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

United, Chelsea and Man City wont be interested they dont need him. Other lesser clubs like Spurs and Arsenal and many others would be interested but wouldnt pay the money that United have for Jones or Smalling or what Chelsea will pay for Cahill..

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
We dont need to sell and he is better off staying put for the time being. If we stay down then leave at end of the season. If we go up, prove yourself in the prem with us then leave for £7-£10 million at the end of next season. That would be the best for all parties conserned. Unless we storm the prem as well lol.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Good point. Smalling mentioned at £10m typically, and hadn't even yet replaced Hangeland, Hughes, Baird & Co.
Fulham insiders at the time leaked the total package (to them) for Smalling would eventually exceed the record £12.8m received for Saha.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Smalling had played for England under 18s (Schools) U20s and U21s when he went to United. I am not saying Dunk is any better or worse than Smalling but what is his International record...........?

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Seriously? That's one of the most insane posts I've seen on here. And there's plenty of competition for that honour.

You don't think people overreact to the small sample size of games they see? How many people will rate players based on what they see from them at a World Cup or in a cup tie? If he has a shocker against Liverpool, do you think the Premier League fans who will watch that game will go "Oh, he might be alright actually." No, people in football generally make rash, snap judgments on players especially from outside their own team. Hell, even within their own club at times. Just look at the Ashley Barnes thread.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
You don't think people overreact to the small sample size of games they see? How many people will rate players based on what they see from them at a World Cup or in a cup tie? If he has a shocker against Liverpool, do you think the Premier League fans who will watch that game will go "Oh, he might be alright actually." No, people in football generally make rash, snap judgments on players especially from outside their own team. Hell, even within their own club at times. Just look at the Ashley Barnes thread.

Oh I agree with that. I just don't think it'll be 'for the best' for him to have a couple of shockers. It'll be 'for the best' for him to be superb and for us to keep him.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
I meant in the Liverpool game mainly. Not saying everyone should hope he plays shit so that no one else wants him but that in a game that the side are unlikely to win, him playing poorly wouldn't be the end of the world. He'll go through a spell of poor games because it's inevitably what happens to young players, if that happens to come in the televised games, they may hurt his stock so to say, to outsiders more than if he does it away at Leicester or whatever.

He may well be brilliant and man of the match in all, I'm just saying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here