Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will any big sides 'Swoop' for Dunk?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Dont sell him he has a great chance of playing loads of football at a top club with Prem ambitions.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Was told by one of the trainers at my boys Sunday league team spurs £3mil end of this season

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Yes, he'll move on. He will end up being too good for Brighton. Summer transfer though, no need to buy in the window. next summer or the one after (if we go up I'm sure he'll have a season with us in the premier). I wouldn't be surprised if there will be some kind of pre-contract agreement signed with a big club soon and then they leave him with us to develop.

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
I think the most telling performance was against Sunderland when Greer went off, a lot of 19 year olds would have folded, this lad grew in stature! There is a lot more to come, massive future!

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
All the while we're sitting pretty on top of the Champ - I would have faith that LD believes in the Gus Bus/Brighton - are back Dream, and wants to ride this beautiful roller coaster to the promised land.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Its a long season,lets not get carried away,and if he maintains his start then, i hope he stays with us ,maybe in the prem!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Stoke?

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
If he has poor showings in the two telly games, his previous form will mean practically nothing to those in the press and fans from outside the club.

Probably for the best.

Seriously? That's one of the most insane posts I've seen on here. And there's plenty of competition for that honour.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Will any come sniffing for Barnes....he is only 21 remember and proving to be a goal scorer.

The scouts could be looking at numerous players...

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Should we get promoted and he has a good season in the prem we could be talking silly money and he could be looking at a top 7 club.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
He is an Albion fan. We have a chance of playing Premiership Football next season and he will be at the top table with the team he loves? Why would he want to leave? Oh and we don't need the money.

Close thread now mods.

TNBA

TTF

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I personally think that Tony Bloom and Gus certainly know the full potential of Lewis Dunk. Both are very shrewd men. Lewis, I feel, is destined to play for England and I've laid my bet accordingly. Our Tony is also a gambler and he will know the percentages when it comes down to handling our Dunky and his contract, future and possible price. In the collective BHAFC we trust!

Sep 1, 2010
He is an Albion fan. We have a chance of playing Premiership Football next season and he will be at the top table with the team he loves? Why would he want to leave? Oh and we don't need the money.

Close thread now mods.

TNBA

TTF

Surely that would depend on what money is offered and what money is shown in contract terms to Mr Dunk. It is naive to think he could not be tempted away whatever the offer. As for asking for the mods to close the thread, well a difference of opinion on an Albion related thread? why yes.......seems reasonable.

TKC

Jun 16, 2011
Cant see why he would leave. Top of the league, playing well. If we can keep it up for a season he'll be in the prem with a great team that has a great manager a chairman that backs the team and a 31000 home stadium that sells out every week.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I am absolutely loving Dunk. As much as I like Nooney, CMS, Harley and the rest for their flair, dedication and above all excitement, Dunk, for me has impressed the most having come into a side which has been playing well since last year, and making Greer look (at times) decidedly average. Against Sunderland, I think I counted 5 successive headers cleared by Dunk, all of which were won comfortably and placed so that they didn't give the opposition an immediate advantage. I worried about him getting picked on after his challenge on Billy Sharp at the beginning of the season, but it looks like he has risen well above what's being currently dished out.

Of the whole side, I'm looking for him to get even better this year.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think there is a possibility that a big club will come in with a bid at Christmas with a loan back agreement until the end of the season. I think people talking of £5m + are not being realistic as very few defenders go for that kind of money, strikers and midfield yes, but not defenders. I would think that £3m is more realistic and both TB and Gus while not wanting to lose him will not wish to hold him back in his career.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The 'big clubs' would be stupid not to put in an offer for him. You forget he's only 19 when he's playing, he has so much potential.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here