Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who on here is in a trade union?

Chopper West

Dec 9, 2004
surrey jim said:
ILM (institute of Leadership and Management) and the CIM (charterd institute of Marketing) :clap2:

On all the websites I look at CIM stands for Come In Mouth :ohmy:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Dandyman said:
Out of interest, if you ever work in an unionised work place and the union negotiate you a pay rise or an improvement in your terms and conditions do you give back the money or reject the improvement ?

I get my pay rises off the back of benchmarking against the average industrial wage. So other companies unions are doing it for me :p

Actually, the unions are powerless here outside the services and public sectors. The biggest and highest paying employers are close to completely un-unionised; or operate as effective closed shops with u,nionisation not allowed (which are actually illegal but it doesn't stop Tesco, etc, forcing workers into MANDATE). Wages in companies such as Intel, HP, etc set the benchmarking, and theres no union to be seen.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Dandyman said:
Out of interest, if you ever work in an unionised work place and the union negotiate you a pay rise or an improvement in your terms and conditions do you give back the money or reject the improvement ?

I can't say as I've never been in that position - but chances are you'd not find me working for a compulsory union membership employer...

and secondly - I've always taken up pay questions with my boss, given the sectors I've worked in he's always been the one with the pool of money...

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Prospect member.

Any doubts that I might have had about the value of union membership where dispelled when my organisation employed a team of feral change managers. Someone had to keep management honest.

Skintagain 1983

And Smith Did Score!
Lots of PCS members on here... Me too (and it's forerunner CPSA).

But like Lord Bracknell I have been (and still am) a Union activist.

Have been:
PCS DWP Group Executive Committee member;
A Group Treasurer for CPSA;
DWP Trade Union Side negotiator

Currently:
Agency Trade Union Side negotiator;
Territory Trade Union Side negotiator...

And all round good egg :clap2: :nono: :eek: :angel: :blush:

Domsdad

brother of Patch
Sep 24, 2003
Its grim up north
AMICUS

Our recent ancestors fought hard to get us the rights we take for granted. If we don't stick together in the union the bosses will take those rights off us.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Domsdad said:
AMICUS

Our recent ancestors fought hard to get us the rights we take for granted. If we don't stick together in the union the bosses will take those rights off us.
:clap: good sense on NSC

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:

High point of my union career ... getting pissed with John Prescott at a party at NALGO headquarters.

Marvellous scenes.

:eek: Quick, somebody delete that before Norman Baker finds yet another conflict of interest to crap on about
;)

edna krabappel said:
:eek: Quick, somebody delete that before Norman Baker finds yet another conflict of interest to crap on about
;)
Don't worry, Edna. I've been bought a drink or two by Norman Baker in my time as well. Never enough to get pissed, though.

:ohmy:

Dandyman

In London village.
Domsdad said:
AMICUS

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here