Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who on here is in a trade union?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
ILM (institute of Leadership and Management) and the CIM (charterd institute of Marketing) :clap2:

Dandyman

In London village.
UNISON (although my job means I am usually on the other side of the table to the steward)

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
surrey jim said:
ILM (institute of Leadership and Management) and the CIM (charterd institute of Marketing) :clap2:

Erm, they're not trade unions, are they?

I'm a member of the RICS, but that's not a union either.

In my youth, I was a member of the TSSA - because it was a closed shop in the railway, not by choice.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
sully said:
Erm, they're not trade unions, are they?

I'm a member of the RICS, but that's not a union either.

In my youth, I was a member of the TSSA - because it was a closed shop in the railway, not by choice.

no idea but they send me a nice mag every month or so:blush:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I belonged to one when I worked in Liverpool but it was a complete waste of time and effort.

I ran into it doing contracts for the Civil Service and what a right bunch of idle, whiney jobsworths they were.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
PCS

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
I have recently become a UNISON steward at my workplace, which means that I now get to bang my head on the wall on behalf of other people as well as myself. :shootself

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
PCS, used to be vice chair of the branch but when the family came along had to take a back seat and cant say I miss the hassle

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Sonic said:
I have recently become a UNISON steward at my workplace, which means that I now get to bang my head on the wall on behalf of other people as well as myself. :shootself
i was a steward for the AUEW whuch then became the AEEU which THEN became the AEU

good luck brother sonic :lolol:

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
I'm in TSSA. They really came through for me when an ex boss tried to sack me. I'm still here, he's long gone! Worth every penny.

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
I could be a member of the AUT but would rather burn the £160 pa than give it to them. The sooner they are removed from campuses the better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here