Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who has got a PSP then?

After all the hype of having to preorder to get one, a quick trip round the shops shows stacks of them. Anyone got theirs yet? Enjoy your new firmware with it's non-homebrew protection! :lolol:

Note for non-geeks - I got a Japanese one a while back which has the ability to play emulators/hacked games etc. which the new UK ones can't at the moment after Sony threw a hissy fit.

I would imagine sales will rocket when PES5 and FM2006 come out for it.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Had one for a while. Upgraded it to level 2 last month and only last night did I finally get around to trying out the web browser. It bloody works and everything! Now I can check my email on the way home from work, who needs a laptop!

Currently waiting for Burnout:Legends, GTA Liberty City Stories, SSX on tour and Pro Evo 5 to be released on the thing. It really does make the train ride to work go by quickly.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
The Great Cornholio said:
No games? Unlike to multitude of DS games I suppose? Plenty of games around - especially as they are region free.

Twice as many games on the DS, almost twice as many sold, still outselling the PSP. I notice that every PSP is owner is waiting for a game - they don't have them yet...

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Piece of technology comes out. Lot of buzz about it. MYOB pops up on here claiming it's the biggest piece of shit EVER. Do you have some sort of program written that just churns this stuff out?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
Piece of technology comes out. Lot of buzz about it. MYOB pops up on here claiming it's the biggest piece of shit EVER. Do you have some sort of program written that just churns this stuff out?

PSP's been out for nearly a year; just not in the EU. So its not something that "popped up"

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
No games? Unlike to multitude of DS games I suppose? Plenty of games around - especially as they are region free.

DS games are region free, and permanently will be - PSP's have the option of region coding, which is likely to start being used (if and) when the promised big titles come out.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
PSP and DS both have around 30 titles, the difference being the PSP has launched with that many where as the DS has slowly built up to that number. The DS has been the top selling hardware of late, but PSP should take over that mantle now.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
MYOB said:
Twice as many games on the DS, almost twice as many sold, still outselling the PSP. I notice that every PSP is owner is waiting for a game - they don't have them yet...

Aint the DS called the new Etch a Scetch, with that stupid pencil.

EtchASketch.jpg

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
brightonfan_86 said:
Aint the DS called the new Etch a Scetch, with that stupid pencil.

EtchASketch.jpg

Its a stylus, and its not a new concept at all. Never heard of a PDA? Tablet PC? Its a lot better than a UMD reader that spits out discs if you move the unit too fast (which happened to every single demo model GAME had here)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
MYOB said:
Its a stylus, and its not a new concept at all. Never heard of a PDA? Tablet PC? Its a lot better than a UMD reader that spits out discs if you move the unit too fast (which happened to every single demo model GAME had here)

palmgeek.gif

:p

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Having played both, there is simply no comparison. The DS is a GBA with 2 screens and games aimed at 10 year olds. The PSP is a portable PS2. The games are much more complex and take longer to program.

I can't wait too play FM 2006 on my PSP, when that comes out. That will take the boredom away on a long away trip.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here