Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
If someone had matched our asking price, it would be plastered all over Twitter through the usual suspects within about 5 seconds.

Probably just got a niggle.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
We've given him the weekend off to get ready for the new season according to SSN, and fully expect him to be with us next season. 👀
I think a lot of people outside the club see this as some sort of bargaining tool but I’m not sure that’s how we conduct negotiations. I’m beginning to get the sense that Chelsea had their chance or maybe that Caicedo wanted European football this season. Maybe both.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003

Oh look he’s done it again, can claim he is right no matter what happens. Moises goes “I was right they were pushing for the move all summer.” Or if he stays “I was right Brighton wouldn’t do the deal as no one matched what they want.” Stealing a living.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester

But what this does indicate is that Chelsea haven’t improved their bid. So we are still in limbo with the obvious impact on Moises. He obviously wants the move but we won’t budge from our position.
If he stays then we’ll have to manage him carefully.
We should have left the point about the right hamstring out of the communication. Everyone knows the situation.

On a wider scenario, the transfer window really should shut before the season starts.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Kalvin Philips will be earning 200k a week. No way is he coming to Brighton. Stop this nonsense.
But he’s not playing, and can’t imagine he’d have any suitors willing to pay that.

Could be a season loan perhaps

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
We've given him the weekend off to get ready for the new season according to SSN, and fully expect him to be with us next season. 👀
Of course we do........:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: . Do the club think we're all stupid?

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
The hamstring excuse is bothersome because it's such an obvious lie, why do clubs do this?
They have to. If a deal has been done then there will be agreed timelines for press announcements and other PR stuff. And if a deal is advanced but incomplete, you can’t announce that "we’re likely to sell him so we’ve left him out of the squad" as that would undermine final negotiations.

Seriously, what would be a better lie to come out with? At least the 'slight knock' excuse is taken as code for "we’ve been asked not to play him as a deal is close" without the awkwardness of actually having to spell it out.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Thing about Romano is he does know stuff, sadly. He's been on the Kudus tip for months and even lately said 'interest from Chelsea and Arsenal but watch out for Brighton'.
As does the Ecuadorian. Moises is off.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I don’t understand this line of thinking. He was given a complete rest in January when we were here last. That was during the PL season. He may or may not be leaving (depends whether Chelsea pay up) but his appearance in a meaningless friendly is irrelevant.
Fair point, thanks for the perspective. Must admit I’ve gone 100% overboard on the idea that his absence means he’s definitely going. You’re quite right. They asked him not to attend training in January as his head was a bit messed up after we refused Arsenal's offer. It’s possible we are doing the same now because he’s upset at us not accepting Chelsea’s offer. Perhaps unlikely but absolutely possible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here