Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West ham united relegated.......Grant Sacked

D

Deleted member 18477

It was always going to happen with Avram Grant as manager. It will be good to see most of the players leave. The only player I will miss will be super scotty parker.
Can't f***ing wait for Brighton away. As a West Ham fan that's lives in Brighton It really is going to be dream come true.

how come you moved? east london a shithole?

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
Cue the Poyet speculation.................

They won't go down that route. I think they will do all they can to get a British manager in. West Ham have gone through Zola and now Grant and both were huge mistakes. I really can't see them getting another foreign manager in. They will go for someone like Sam "the crook" Allardyce or Hughton. I can't see them going for Curbs or Warnock as both have sued West ham. Shame really as I would quite like Curbs or even Poyet as manager.

D

Deleted member 18477

They won't go down that route. I think they will do all they can to get a British manager in. West Ham have gone through Zola and now Grant and both were huge mistakes. I really can't see them getting another foreign manager in. They will go for someone like Sam "the crook" Allardyce or Hughton. I can't see them going for Curbs or Warnock as both have sued West ham. Shame really as I would quite like Curbs or even Poyet as manager.

poyet? bet you would you cheeky little hammer. however he doesnt want to ruin his managerial career christ!!
your best bet is big sam. he'll at least get you playing organised football if somewhat a tad boring. but if your winning games again surely that'll do you lot for a while? and your obviously going to be promotion candidates as im sure you wont sell ALL your players.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
A kind of justice after lying about their undoubted saviour Tevez that season, and then the Premier League Board conspiring to let less-fashionable Sheff Utd go down.

Have been teetering on the brink of relegation for some seasons now.

Their luck just ran out.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I bet they regret not trying harder with O'Neill in January, although suspect he is too independent for the liking of the board.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I bet they regret not trying harder with O'Neill in January, .

Why? He walked out on Villa as he wasnt given sufficient money to buy the players he wanted so cant see him being given it at West Ham. I would think it will be Di Matteo or Hughton but an outside bet is Curbishley or Parkinson to go back as their problems were with previous owners not Gold and Sullivan.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Depending upon circumstances, the Companies Act should disallow individuals, as directors in companies who have been party to the demise of any other Company, from setting up new companies (or becoming involved in OTHER Companies !)

Just how much s--- would have been avoided if that was the law !

How many clubs (individuals and indeed bona fide companies) have been shafted ?

Would you work for this sort of people ??

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Depending upon circumstances, the Companies Act should disallow directors from setting up new companies (or becoming involved in OTHER Companies !)

Just how much s--- would have been avoided if that was the law !

How many clubs (and individuals) have been shafted ?

Would you work for this sort of people ??

What has that got to do with Gold and Sullivan who bought West Ham and kept them solvent after doing much the same for Birmingham. Shoddy business practice is not something that you can lay at their door and remember many on here saw Gold as our saviour when DK was struggling with money and we did not know of TB influence.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
According to News at Ten the title of this thread is wrong Grant was not sacked he resigned or stepped down as you wish..

BBC News has just said that he was sacked immediately after the result was known.

So who knows if he went voluntarily or was pushed.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
A small snippet from the Telegraph...

"It has been estimated that Freddie Ljungberg and Kieron Dyer together cost the club close to £34 million in total. Again, to put that in context, that’s pretty much how much West Ham make from filling Upton Park for two full seasons. Two full seasons spent on two players."

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
A small snippet from the Telegraph...

"It has been estimated that Freddie Ljungberg and Kieron Dyer together cost the club close to £34 million in total. Again, to put that in context, that’s pretty much how much West Ham make from filling Upton Park for two full seasons. Two full seasons spent on two players."

Kieron Dyer really is a waste of space.Everything thats wrong with football today.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Kieron Dyer really is a waste of space.Everything thats wrong with football today.

Figures in the Daily Telegraph highlighted Kieron Dyer - who has made only 22 appearances, never playing a full 90 minutes, becuase of injury since moving from Newcastle for £6 million three years ago - is the top earner on £83,000-a-week. His deal, which has a year to run, includes £424,000-a-season for image rights and £100,000 in loyalty fees.

What are loyalty fees? £424k a season image rights? Christ alive. That is over three times the annual salary of the Prime Minister, on image rights alone.

To be fair, whilst Dyer did not hold the club to ransom when he signed and has suffered from so many injuries, I would be rather embarrassed to have taken so much money and given little in return. Our very own Tanno ripped up his contract with West Ham when he realised that he would not recover properly from a serious injury.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Think i'll have a go at this football management lark be crap at it take a few teams down and still get the remainder of my contract paid-money for nothing

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Can you cut your teeth at Selhurst Park?

I was going to start a Pompey get the beginners luck bit out of the way

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here