Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We are now above the Nigels again.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Eh? We are above you. :shrug:

I love it when we're accused of being deluded, we're living the dream old son.......our circumstances have NEVER been better.

and will only get better and better-

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
im so bored of Palace to be honest, I couldnt give a monkeys if we win or lose its where we end at the end of the season that counts

I have many Palace supporting mates and most of the consider Millwall there main rivals, besides they are having a great season too anyway

Many considered them nailed on relegation fodder at the start of the season, they are more than comfortable and flirting with the play offs like us and they are 90 mins from a trip too Wembley so its understandable that there boards lack many Brighton threads

When the game comes around I will start to think about a bit more

Feb 14, 2010
im so bored of Palace to be honest, I couldnt give a monkeys if we win or lose its where we end at the end of the season that counts

I have many Palace supporting mates and most of the consider Millwall there main rivals, besides they are having a great season too anyway

Many considered them nailed on relegation fodder at the start of the season, they are more than comfortable and flirting with the play offs like us and they are 90 mins from a trip too Wembley so its understandable that there boards lack many Brighton threads

When the game comes around I will start to think about a bit more

I'm bored with the hype as well but knowing palace fans from Croydon and outside, I dont know any that think Millwall are their main rivals. Also having been to Millwall loads of times (live in London), I can promise you they dont think as palace as a main rival. West ham is their concern, and Id say Leeds were more interesting to Millwall than palace. The old school flat cap derby of Millwall is also Charlton. They just dont like palace as they are "not proper London".

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I'm bored with the hype as well but knowing palace fans from Croydon and outside, I dont know any that think Millwall are their main rivals. Also having been to Millwall loads of times (live in London), I can promise you they dont think as palace as a main rival. West ham is their concern, and Id say Leeds were more interesting to Millwall than palace. The old school flat cap derby of Millwall is also Charlton. They just dont like palace as they are "not proper London".
Thats correct , i have always had the weed down as our rivals ( my age group ) as , im sure , the weed have us . Millwall dont like us or the clowns but HATE west ham . Our games always get the juices flowing , looking forward to it !

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Thats correct , i have always had the weed down as our rivals ( my age group ) as , im sure , the weed have us . Millwall dont like us or the clowns but HATE west ham . Our games always get the juices flowing , looking forward to it !

It is an age thing-the 4 Palace i know,all regard us as main rival,but their ages are between 30 and 40 still as time goes by things change,that said 40 years of rivalry cannot die overnight,it may have lain dormant for the late 90's early 2000's but it's back and as we are hanging around at this level for a while it will continue imo...

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I for one can not STAND Palace and i'll admit it, the fact they done us at the Amex and were the first team in the league to do so REALLY grates on me and can't ever be erased. Wankers the lot of them, wankers.

Feb 14, 2010
I for one can not STAND Palace and i'll admit it, the fact they done us at the Amex and were the first team in the league to do so REALLY grates on me and can't ever be erased. Wankers the lot of them, wankers.

I like the rivalry, but have a good mate who is palace and what is more, someone who I respected hugely as a kid was palace / Surrey CCC, as my family was Brighton /Sussex CCC. He was a lovely man, an ex desert rat, loved to tell a good story and is much missed. You cant dislike people like that, especially over something as trivial as football.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I like the rivalry, but have a good mate who is palace and what is more, someone who I respected hugely as a kid was palace / Surrey CCC, as my family was Brighton /Sussex CCC. He was a lovely man, an ex desert rat, loved to tell a good story and is much missed. You cant dislike people like that, especially over something as trivial as football.

We're not all that different or far apart as some think-support for both clubs,whilst not exclusive in each respective area,does overlap and overlap a considerable distance-bit like Norwich's affair with Ipswich...

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Yeah , that is in the history books .

Jan 12, 2012
Im not ashamed to say that Brighton is the first result i look, end of. Going to the Goldstone from the late 70's leaves you with lots of memories,good and bad. Being at the Den on new years eve was great, but nothing, NOTHING, could beat that feeling in september.
Im sure that a lot of you will play down the importance of the game, but in truth its both our cup finals, to deny it would be futile.
I cant wait for the 31st, rumours are Kelvin Morten is the guest of honour !!!

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Must admit this made me laugh. I too look for Palace result first. Just love it when you lose. I'm in my 40's and so the old history is there. No other team comes close to Palace in my dislike - but I do have respect.

Worst result in recent history are losing 5-0 and 3-1 at the Amex. Sickening. But best result was winning 1-0 at Selhurst a few years back. I hope to experience that feeling again on the 31st.

As much as I hate it, I respect the fact that you have been the dominant team over the past 20 years - have to face facts. But I firmly believe that we will now lord it over you for quite some. Bring it on and let the rivalry pass onto younger generations.

Im not ashamed to say that Brighton is the first result i look, end of. Going to the Goldstone from the late 70's leaves you with lots of memories,good and bad. Being at the Den on new years eve was great, but nothing, NOTHING, could beat that feeling in september.
Im sure that a lot of you will play down the importance of the game, but in truth its both our cup finals, to deny it would be futile.
I cant wait for the 31st, rumours are Kelvin Morten is the guest of honour !!!

Jan 12, 2012
Must admit this made me laugh. I too look for Palace result first. Just love it when you lose. I'm in my 40's and so the old history is there. No other team comes close to Palace in my dislike - but I do have respect.

Worst result in recent history are losing 5-0 and 3-1 at the Amex. Sickening. But best result was winning 1-0 at Selhurst a few years back. I hope to experience that feeling again on the 31st.

As much as I hate it, I respect the fact that you have been the dominant team over the past 20 years - have to face facts. But I firmly believe that we will now lord it over you for quite some. Bring it on and let the rivalry pass onto younger generations.

With our youngsters coming through and our owners commitment, im sure you wont be lording it for some time yet !!
But i agree,as long as we keep playing each other on a regular basis,the younger fans will get to see the rivalry ( even Gus might !!)

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Ha ha, this thread is good entertainment. It is truly remarkable how so many Pala*e fan's find themselves on this board making weak digs and jibes at a set of fans they consider inferior. It's okay chaps, we can understand you're all getting your fake Calvin's in a twist because we are finally climbing out of the shadow!

SEAGULLS

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Brighton vs Palace-Palace Vs Brighton is a fixture to be proud of for both sets of fans....

The contrast in team colours for starters is excellent,so too is the respective names of each..

BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBION
v
CRYSTAL PALACE

Both have history,good and bad......

Millwall see Westham as main rivals
Charlton are seen by some young Eagles as main rival,perhaps because they helped relegate Palace once -This will be interesting if the Charlton,known by some Palace as "the clowns" win promotion this season.

Brighton's closest club is Crystal Palace although this season Crawley have become the closest...

Palace deep down are pleased we have overcome our problems and have their genuine rival back,fit and well,if a little blooded about the nose from our 1-3 Amex reverse.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
So What? Your 1 point and 1 place above, its what the final standings are that matters.

You were'nt saying that when you were one point above us...we were "A tin pot club with you above us and always would be"....funny how it has suddenly changed...but agree it is the final standing that counts.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Wow, tensions are pretty high at the moment eh?
The form-book goes out of the window for games like the one on the 31st. In terms of playing staff, I think Palace and us are pretty even- it's going to come down to who wants it more, and that is what worries me.
Hopefully with a player that knows all about the rivalry in AEA back in the side, he will make it known to the other lads just how much this game means to us and we will come away with a result.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here