Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Use this thread to slag Southgate off before and after the match tonight

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
and leave the matchday thread to Southgate and England fanboys to discuss the match with positivity!

Just a thought with the upcoming World Cup :wink:

There is or will be a matchday thread?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Umm... he's dull. Not quite as dull as the game tonight, or this "league" in general.. but dull.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I will laugh...alot...if we turn it on tonight and I hope we do.

I'd love this thread to be bouncable after the final whistle

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I will laugh...alot...if we turn it on tonight and I hope we do.

I'd love this thread to be bouncable after the final whistle

If we do turn it on tonight, I very much doubt Spawny Southgate will have had anything to do with it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Rather like Potter, the dweebiness makes him a target for bullying. It is a visceral reaction in a context where old blokes like me are used to football managers either being 'mens' men' like Venables, or oddballs like Bobby Robson. Beardy librarian types trigger an abreaction. I feel it myself. Put it this way, if I were a young lady, I'd never shag him.

All that said aside, when I take my old school spectacles off, he's done a decent enough job in the qualification and tournament context, and gets most of the pelters on here for daring to not pick the lord Dunk, and instead selecting an oaf from ManU. But....it's his call. We forget so quickly how the German manager stuck with Miroslav Klose when he was a plodder at Kaiserslauten and Bremen. Fifteen goals for Bremen in 2006, and thirteen for Germany. One may raise an eyebrow at Southgate for this, but in the great scheme of things he's been treated outrageously by many. Myself included.

Apologies for spoiling the thread.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i have done us to win tonight.....its shit or bust in the short term and if we loose there will be a run on pull ups and tena products up and down the country , not that i really care any more , it's purely financial ....UP THE ALBION....!!:albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
dont know if its the manager or the format, had no interest in internationals between tournaments for a couple of years.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
He has the opportunity to experiment tonight. I hope he does so and that people will lay off him if it doesn’t come off. That said, if he picks the usual suspects then he seriously needs to be looking over his shoulder.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
His boring and excitementfree team has been lucky to be filled with such hard-to-nobble talent and such a generous run in tournaments. The luck has run out. His instance on ignoring players coming through and leaving JWP at home despite having players to be a real threat from set pieces (not to mention wankering them in for himself!) is inexcusable. He has the tactical flexibility of a potato and the charisma of celery.

His tenure must end after the World Cup and he must not be picked up as a pundit. He's out of date, out of touch and out of time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here