Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Undercover: Exposing the far right. Channel 4

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
So 3 points to anyone who had Wellquickwoody as first respondent on this thread. I'll update the predict the right wing nutter league when i have time, and just a reminder you can change your nominated member after each qualifying post

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I don't think that's enough anymore unfortunately. The influence of social media can't be underestimated.

It's entirely possible someone can do their very best as a parent and their kid still be shaped by what they're consuming online.
Of course you're correct, but that wasn't what I meant.

More that left and right labels to extreme thinking are unhelpful. So if some nutter is labelled far right and i consider myself middle right, i'm more likely to have a measure of sympathy with him / her than if we don't label them like this at all.

Far better to apply more basic principles when we review a set of actions from a person. Eg, have they passed the Bill and Ted test to be excellent to each other?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Totally agree that I don't really see what the labels left or right add in this context. But **** is a personal opinion. Many people love Tommy Robinson and Andrew Tate. Many equally despised Nelson Mandela.

In my mind, the basic values that you would teach your kids at a young age cover all of this stuff. Try to be kind. Try to treat other people how you would want to be treated yourself if you were in that position
I agree.
but I don’t think Andrew Tate and Tommy Robinson are aware of the word kind.
Nelson Mandela on the other hand……….
I missed the beginning of the programme last night, and then didn’t get to the end. But I will certainly be finding it and rewatching. The stuff about eugenics, about the involvement of big money in the States, about the tired old theories about the superiority of some races over others, the naked aggression of the rampant racism………

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
As others have said, this isn’t a right or left thing. Plenty of racists on the left too.
That's right, nice to see a good old bit of balance provided. There's just so many of them on the left, what with their principles of equality. As to the right with their infatuations with hierarchies and inequalities, hardly any racists there.
And it's as if the 'far left' is on the march currently, whereas we rarely hear a tickety-boo out of the far right, and it's not as if they haven't got ooo things like presidential candidates, press barons,, global players and owners of broadcast and social media punting out their messages.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I haven't watched it yet so I won't comment. Just like any other sensible person....
Wow!

That is bloody early to get in and accuse others of what they would (rightly in my view) throw at you. The spectrum of what is PC has shifted enormously to the left over the last couple of decades. There are a multitude of examples in all areas of life. Over here folks can claim to be indigenous at which point it becomes racist to question this declaration. A cake maker in the UK refused a contract to produce a cake for a gay wedding and ended up in court!

I will not get drawn into a game of who has the most/better examples but any fairminded person would not question that the window of discourse has favoured the left in recent years.

Oh.

Have read a bit about this though and it sounds pretty awful, although, unsurprising these days.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Anyone been with charged criminal acts, hate crimes or banged up ?
Are you saying there was no anti-semitism in the Labour Party under Corbyn?

The Labour Party must live up to this commitment and acknowledge the impact that multiple investigations and years of failing to tackle antisemitism has had on Jewish people. Rebuilding trust and confidence with its members, the Jewish community and the wider public will be crucial for the future. A transparent and independent antisemitism complaints process, which ensures that all cases of alleged discrimination, harassment or victimisation are investigated promptly, rigorously and without political interference, must sit at the heart of this. However, tackling antisemitism isn’t just about procedures. It is also about making sure that the Labour Party has a culture that clearly reflects its zero tolerance of antisemitism and indeed of all forms of discrimination.

Taken from:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Best not to, as the cake maker won their case on appeal and we wouldn't want you to appear completely ignorant of actual facts in your rants :laugh:
I made no mention of the original case judgement, just that it actually went to court.

Reactions: cjd

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Are you saying there was no anti-semitism in the Labour Party under Corbyn?

The Labour Party must live up to this commitment and acknowledge the impact that multiple investigations and years of failing to tackle antisemitism has had on Jewish people. Rebuilding trust and confidence with its members, the Jewish community and the wider public will be crucial for the future. A transparent and independent antisemitism complaints process, which ensures that all cases of alleged discrimination, harassment or victimisation are investigated promptly, rigorously and without political interference, must sit at the heart of this. However, tackling antisemitism isn’t just about procedures. It is also about making sure that the Labour Party has a culture that clearly reflects its zero tolerance of antisemitism and indeed of all forms of discrimination.

Taken from:

Just asking if anyone been with charged criminal acts, hate crimes or banged up? Doesn't need to be anyone specifically from Labour...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just asking if anyone been with charged criminal acts, hate crimes or banged up? Doesn't need to be anyone specifically from Labour...
There was one, who received a Community Order, got suspended, then left, joined the Tories, was racist again, got suspended and joined Reform.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Good!

I recall when it was perfectly acceptably to have sexist and racists 'bantz' at work. And I was working in a hospital at the time.

This has little or nothing to do with 'right' and 'left'. It has more to do with '****' and 'not ****'.

(and it seems quit clear where Australia fits on this spectrum. 1978-ish)
Don't tar all Aussies with the racist brush. It may look like that from the outside looking in but there is plenty of progress over her. It's worth noting also tha from the outside looking in, the UK hasn't looked great in recent months.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Don't tar all Aussies with the racist brush. It may look like that from the outside looking in by from the outside looking in the UK hasn't looked great in recent months.
With apologies. Easy mistake to make when being on the outside looking in.

Where would you suggest I position myself. Above? Round the side?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here