Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You come across as the sort of Labour supporter that puts me off voting Labour. Slag off the Tories who are pretty fair game at the moment and slag off the very voters Labour needs to turn. Whatever understanding I have, I have managed to grasp that throughout my life, apart from a brief flirtation with the LibDems, there actually is only a choice between Tories and Labour.

You're letting your blue/red political bias thing get the better of you again. Where have I said I am or have ever been a Labour supporter ?

You don't have to support any political party to recognise that this current Johnson Cabal are far more inept, bent, and self serving than any government under Harold McMillan, Alec Douglas-Home, Harold Wilson, Edward Heath, James Callaghan, Margaret Thatcher, John Major, Tony Blair, Gordon Brown, David Cameron, Theresa May, just in my lifetime.

And it really shouldn't be a surprise what a complete bunch of totally incompetent, dishonest, self serving ****s this lot are. It was really obvious long before Johnson got the leadership what he was going to do, what you were voting for and what you were going to get.

But rather than actually considering the implications of what you did, you keep thinking it's a red/blue thing because I suspect the real reasons are far too complicated for you and the blue/red thing is far easier to digest :facepalm:

To be completely honest, I'd rather you didn't 'turn', carry on voting the same colour that you have throughout your life, completely regardless of who is wearing that colour and what they say they are going to do, and simply see how you get on :shrug:

Last edited:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
You're letting your blue/red political bias thing get the better of you again. Where have I said I am or have ever been a Labour supporter ?

You don't have to support any political party to recognise that this current Johnson Cabal are far more inept, bent, and self serving than any government under Harold McMillan, Alec Douglas-Home, Harold Wilson, Edward Heath, James Callaghan, Margaret Thatcher, John Major, Tony Blair, Gordon Brown, David Cameron, Theresa May, just in my lifetime.

And it really shouldn't be a surprise what a complete bunch of totally incompetent, dishonest, self serving ****s this lot are. It was really obvious long before Johnson got the leadership what he was going to do, what you were voting for and what you were going to get.

But rather than actually considering the implications of what you did, you keep thinking it's a red/blue thing because I suspect the real reasons are far too complicated for you and the blue/red thing is far easier to digest :facepalm:

You do struggle to get by without insults don't you. No worries. Just call me thick and move on. Time to restart my ignore list.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You do struggle to get by without insults don't you. No worries. Just call me thick and move on. Time to restart my ignore list.

Probably for the best but, just before you go

You come across as the sort of Labour supporter that puts me off voting Labour. Slag off the Tories who are pretty fair game at the moment and slag off the very voters Labour needs to turn. Whatever understanding I have, I have managed to grasp that throughout my life, apart from a brief flirtation with the LibDems, there actually is only a choice between Tories and Labour.

What was it about my post that made you think I was a Labour supporter who wanted to 'turn' you to Labour ? it wouldn't have been down to me disagreeing with a lifelong blue supporter, therefor I must be red, could it ???

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Here's some scary news...

Two-thirds of all UK households will be trapped in fuel poverty by January with planned government support leaving even middle-income households struggling to pay their bills, according to new research.

It shows 18 million families, the equivalent of 45 million people, will be left trying to make ends meet after further predicted rises in the energy price cap in October and January.

An estimated 86.4% of pensioner couples are expected to fall into fuel poverty, traditionally defined as when energy costs exceed 10% of a household’s net income, and 90.4% of lone parents with two or more children.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

Two-thirds of all UK households will be trapped in fuel poverty by January with planned government support leaving even middle-income households struggling to pay their bills, according to new research.

It shows 18 million families, the equivalent of 45 million people, will be left trying to make ends meet after further predicted rises in the energy price cap in October and January.

An estimated 86.4% of pensioner couples are expected to fall into fuel poverty, traditionally defined as when energy costs exceed 10% of a household’s net income, and 90.4% of lone parents with two or more children.

3/5 of all statistics are made up.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

And this will present itself as violence and civil disorder and civil disobedience.

You don’t plunge that many people into poverty and act like it’s no big deal without a very loud reaction.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
A director at energy regulator Ofgem has resigned, accusing it of favouring businesses over consumers with a rule change that will add as much as £400 to the average UK household energy bill.

Christine Farnish, a non-executive member of the Gas and Electricity Markets Authority (Gema), Ofgem’s board, tendered her resignation to the business secretary, Kwasi Kwarteng, in early August.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
And what is the Government doing about it? Sticking up for the energy companies making profits.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
And what is the Government doing about it? Sticking up for the energy companies making profits.

As I’ve said before, the Tory party is not a legitimate political party, it is the political wing of the elite/big business. It strives to maintain power so it can enable certain people and business entities to continue to profit without interruption, at any cost.

It does not exist to make your streets safer. It does not exist to improve your quality of life. It does not exist to uphold your rights. It does not care what hardship befalls us. As long as money is coming in for the people it does care about, they only care that we live so that we can pay taxes.

It’s why they keep essential workers on low wages, it’s why they pay us handouts out of our own tax money to make sure we can keep paying the energy giants.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Well I'm ready to go and smash stuff up in the new year

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
A Tory harping on about making stuff up. LOLZ.

No, no no. It's irony you see. Loads of stats. I quoted a stat. regarding a proportion of stats are made up.
Nah, never mind. We try, but a lot makes sense now.

Hislop would get a BAFTA for material like that.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Ferry chaos
Airport chaos
Rail strikes
Bus strikes
Royal Mail strikes
Teacher and nurses strikes incoming
Brexit failure
Inflation at 10.1
Crazy petrol prices
Expensive and unreliable public transport
Met police being ********
Scotland wanting independence
2/3 of British households on the road to poverty
Homeless deaths up 300%
Vulnerable women deaths up 150%
Fuel unaffordable
Rwanda transports
Channell crossings at an all time high
Fracking and coal mining back on the table
Two mental cases fighting it out for the keys to No.10
A prime Minister refusing to soldier

I predict a riot...

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Ferry chaos
Airport chaos
Rail strikes
Bus strikes
Royal Mail strikes
Teacher and nurses strikes incoming
Brexit failure
Inflation at 10.1
Crazy fuel prices
Scotland wanting independence
2/3 of British households on the road to poverty
Homeless deaths up 300%
Vulnerable women deaths up 150%
Fuel unaffordable
Rwanda transports
Channell crossings at an all time high
Fracking and coal mining back on the table
Two mental cases fighting it out for the keys to No.10
A prime Minister refusing to soldier

I predict a riot...

Yeah but Brexit got done. Except Northern Ireland which, let's face it, barely counts despite propping the entire country up between 2017 and 2019.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Instead of paying the energy companies, why don't we go out on our front steps every Thursday and give them a clap? It was good enough for the nurses.....

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

Bit of an old chestnut that one, innit?

Innit.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here