Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

top 10 + worst 10 places to live

Oct 25, 2003
crodonilson said:
But they have Byker Grove, we never had anything that cool round by us when we were growing up.

byker grove isn't in byker (its in benwell)

and you are right les, byker is a 110% shit hole, and that wall is a complete joke (its designed to block out the noise from the nearby road)

my friend actually works in byker, he's from LIVERPOOL and says he has never felt less safe in his life

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Albion Dan said:
Horsham is ok if you are 55 and are looking forward to retirement I suppose, cant see the appeal at all if youre under 35.

That list though was more about how long you are going to live it seemed than anything else.
My best mate lives in Horsham. The schools are excellent which is obviously important to anyone with kids. Oh, and it's clean, relatively chav-free and there are some tidy pubs.

Funnily, I met said best friend when we were both living around Winchester (which actually won).

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Simster said:
My best mate lives in Horsham. The schools are excellent which is obviously important to anyone with kids. Oh, and it's clean, relatively chav-free and there are some tidy pubs.

Funnily, I met said best friend when we were both living around Winchester (which actually won).

What's the commute like into London (Old St.)? We're wanting to move to a village in Good Ol' Sussex. We ideally want Balcombe as it has a train station, school etc... but there's bugger all on the market, so we're broadening our search and there seems to be tons of pretty villages in the Horsham area.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
paulie said:
Frank the plank and his opinion about Croydon, Vol 354.

Paulie being a boring, humourless, twat Chapter 961. :jester:

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
bhaexpress said:
Paulie being a boring, humourless, twat Chapter 961. :jester:

If you hate your environs so much, why don't you do one and go and live in the Phillippines. I'm sure they could do with another sad old man.

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
paulie said:
If you hate your environs so much, why don't you do one and go and live in the Phillippines. I'm sure they could do with another sad old man.

I don't know, why do you come on here ? We already know you're a complete wanker. I dislike twats like you that's true and Croydon is full of twats.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
bhaexpress said:
I don't know, why do you come on here ? We already know you're a complete wanker. I dislike twats like you that's true and Croydon is full of twats.

Easy Frank - don't have a stroke. Croydon isn't that bad, were you beaten up there at a young age? You have a disproportionate hatred of the place.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
paulie said:
Easy Frank - don't have a stroke. Croydon isn't that bad, were you beaten up there at a young age? You have a disproportionate hatred of the place.

No, I have a strong dislike of you because you're so sad, Tell you what, try using PM and stop boring other posters.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Cheeky Monkey said:
Proves my theory that West Sussex is a shithole and should be nuked by George Dubya. The only significant omission seems to be Worthing. The sooner BHAFC is annexed as a team for East Sussex residents only the better, the West can fug off and support Pompey.

:p

Support Pompey.........................I don't swear too often but you canf*** OFF

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Apart form 6 years when I lived in Brighton I have live din Horsham all my life and as much as it is quite boring growing up there, it is a nice enough place and the is very little hassles and things most of the time.

The train link to London is excellent about 45 minutes on a fast train direct to Victoria and its only 25 minutes drive to brighton.

Its not excitment central but you are close to load sof othe rplaces if you wanty clubs and shit like that. As a father I wouldn't want to bring my Son up anywhere else.

D

Deleted member 2719

Cheeky Monkey said:
the West can fug off and support Pompey.

:p

As Gullsworth said Fu*k off you cheeky Monkey!!

:salute:

Brighton til i die.

:albion: :albion: :albion: :albion:

tommy boy said:
byker grove isn't in byker (its in benwell)

and you are right les, byker is a 110% shit hole, and that wall is a complete joke (its designed to block out the noise from the nearby road)

my friend actually works in byker, he's from LIVERPOOL and says he has never felt less safe in his life
My dad was brought up in Benwell and we had family in Byker (before they knocked it down).

Benwell got a bit overgrown and the council demolished my grandad's house last year - but here it is:-

dentongardensbenwell3ur8.jpg

Who am I to judge whether it's a bad place to live?

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Lord Bracknell said:
My dad was brought up in Benwell and we had family in Byker (before they knocked it down).

Benwell got a bit overgrown and the council demolished my grandad's house last year - but here it is:-

dentongardensbenwell3ur8.jpg

Who am I to judge whether it's a bad place to live?

Doesn't look that bad to me.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Goodfella said:
Send 'em all to Coventry.

Now that is a dump.

..........is the correct answer!

How was it not the worst place in the world (Bogata included)?

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Bevendean Hillbilly said:
Dumps I have known.

Billericay
Birkenhead
Stoke
Basildon
Runcorn
Aldrington

I have been resident in all and can say this with complete impunity.

Agree with you about Runcorn, I had to spend a night there recently. Sits in the shadow of a bridge, seems to consist of nothing but a Kwik Save, a fancy dress-shop, a Campanile, and a newsagent selling nothing but body-building magazines. In the Campanile, it was permanently 1974 with every dish coming 'in the basket' whilst outside armies of overweight underdressed 14 year old chavettes roamed the streets and dumped crisp packets in the festering canal.

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
Living in no 8 as i write this, Epsiom and Ewell, only for fours weeks mind. Have to say i am not THAT impressed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here