Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tired footballing cliches...

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
"He connected with that shot too well", we he didn't because he missed.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
If he'd have <done something> then <something good> would have happened, no doubt about that! ...... of course there's a fekkin doubt about it, 'cos it never happened! :tosser:

I have a big problem with the phrase "Dressing Room" when applied to football teams. Only Ballet companies and Theatres have Dressing Rooms ffs! Football teams have CHANGING rooms!! :bounce:

If the Manager has lost the dressing room, then it's because he's backstage at the Theatre when he should be in the football stadium!! :bounce:

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
"He'd have bitten his hand off for a point before the kick off". No he wouldnt that would be not only illegal but also very unpalatable.

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
"Hes put in a shift" - no. He's done about 90 minutes work in return for a weeks wage equaivalent to the Rwanda GNP. A shift is 11 hours on the front of a train, down a pit or delivering milk in the snow.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
"Those glorious famous Anfield European nights." *yawn*. Yeah it must be proper difficult for the bin-dippers to motivate themselves sufficiently to generate an atmosphere for a Champions League quarterfinal against AC Milan.

I'm glad to see the Liverpool Kop doesn't literally suck the ball into the net these days. Or maybe it does, just the wrong net.

"That magical night in Barcelona". I think you mean night when Man Utd fluked an unlikely and undeserved win in injury time. Unless you mean how Taggart magicked up an extra few minutes at the end of the 90 in which to score the two goals, like in every other f***ing Man Utd game.

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
There's a needless over-use of the terms "will to win" and after a victory, "the supporters deserve this" :rant:

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
It annoys me when players, managers, pundits, etc, try to sound intelligent by using words and phrases such as "fortuitous" and "well-documented".

Also, I'm baffled when people say we or they "could have scored three" when a team misses three chances to score, because, had the first chance been converted, the second and third chances would not have materialised, at least not in the same form, because the game would have restarted from the centre-spot and unfolded differently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here