Tim

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Henman has NO fighting spirit in him - spineless.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
That back of the court forehand, that left Lopez stranded to make it to 3 set points was absolutely atrocious. I dearly hope we are not subjected to anymore of this gutless, poor excuse of a tennis player.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
this country is a joke. the best individual sporting talent at the moment is ricky hatton, and i dont even like boxing.

:(

Er, Lewis Hamilton not ring any bells? Not only is he the most successful British racing driver for many many a year but he's possibly the greatest racing driver the world has ever seen based on evidence so far (including smashing all known records)

Lopez saved his best to last, and simply overpowered the lightweight Hen when he needed to.

Hen Hen Hen Hen hen he he he h h h h h ..... *

On to better players, and I expect all those tossers and twats with the gay union gay jacks gay, to slink off saying there's nothing left to take interest in. wankers.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Lopez saved his best to last, and simply overpowered the lightweight Hen when he needed to.

On to better players, and I expect all those tossers and twats with the gay union gay jacks gay, to slink off saying there's nothing left to take interest in. wankers.

Murray snr in the doubles

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Pretentious and a crass generalisation.

Kinky - We would be foolish to support Murray Sr. after all he is Scottish :rolleyes:

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Henman 4-1 Lopez
Lopez is falling apart like an old sofa - he plonks a mid-court forehand into the net to give away a break point and double-faults spectacularly to capitulate once again. Henman is now reading his serve as easily as Einstein flicking through the Beano, and the match has been turned on its head.

Jesus. Have they got the 13 year old work experience boy writing that shit?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I can see you at the US open talking loudly, shouting during play, cheering double faults, getting up in the middle of a rally to buy a humongeous hamburger and large diet coke and generally being pretty uncouth. I believe Wimbledon may just be a bit too classy for you :lol::bigwave:

Trouble is with you Icy, is you don't know what I am talking about, so you don't know what you are talking about either. It's a sport where you want the best players to reach the top.
That some fans are so jingo-istic and faux fans to the game, but put on all this 'ra-ra-ra we love TIM' shite, I personally am HAPPY to see the back of them, and any player who really isn't good enough to rise even with all that fanfare getting behind him.
Those 'ra-ra' lot are the sort that I see as uncouth, who DO talk and shout during points, who ARE crass and pretentious (BoF take note), and can't see past one average but-best-we-had-for-a-while (in a game in which Britain is not 'investing in', and therefore, generally, aren't much good).

So, hypocritical as your posts are Icy and BoF, I look forward to your opinions on other things that you might have more knowledge about.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Trouble is with you Icy, is you don't know what I am talking about, so you don't know what you are talking about either. It's a sport where you want the best players to reach the top.
QUOTE]

With an attitude like that I think you may be following the wrong football team, if not being the best brings hoots of derision on the player/s and the fans who are enjoying themselves from you. You'd best pop up to Chelsea with Dwayne next season NMH as I wouldn't like to think of you berating an Albion team and manager for not being worldbeaters.... oh hang on you've already done that last season ..:lolol:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Henman was consistently one of the best players at Wimbledon. His record speaks for itself. The start of his career was during the era that Sampras dominated Wimbledon and the end of his career has coincided with the emergence of Federer. Why should we not feel patriotic and support the home-grown ‘hero’? Going by your logic, it would be fair to say that we should not support Brighton for most of the season, as they are not the best team.

Henman is coming to the end of his career, but I don’t see the problem in having another crack at it. You talk about lack of investment in the sport, but surely a figure such as Henman is crucial to the game. He has personally dragged the game by the scruff of it’s neck, creating greater British public interest when it was needed – particularly when Tennis does battle with far more popular sports during the summer. I know someone who works for the LTA and they (as a body) realise how critical and crucial Henman has been for the game. Think back to the days when the ‘locals’ used to drop out in the first round with a mere whimper.

He is not the best (obviously) and he is winding down, but he puts the sport on the front covers and provides entertainment when we need it most. Would you rather he had not played and we were left with the lowly qualifiers/wildcards who didn’t stand a chance of progressing at all?

You are criticising the fans, merely for showing a bit of passion and bravado. Tennis has evolved and gradually more and more people are becoming interested in the sport.
You are wildly assuming that the Henman fans know nothing about tennis - Maybe they don’t know as much about the sport or as much as you, but at least they are there putting some much needed money into the game.

I will leave it up to Tim to decide when he has had enough. He is a very honourable man and will not overstay his welcome. He proved that he still has the ability to play at this level, but alas he was not quite good enough to defeat a Lopez, who played a very good game of tennis.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Henman was consistently one of the best players at Wimbledon. His record speaks for itself. The start of his career was during the era that Sampras dominated Wimbledon and the end of his career has coincided with the emergence of Federer. Why should we not feel patriotic and support the home-grown ‘hero’? Going by your logic, it would be fair to say that we should not support Brighton for most of the season, as they are not the best team.

Henman is coming to the end of his career, but I don’t see the problem in having another crack at it. You talk about lack of investment in the sport, but surely a figure such as Henman is crucial to the game. He has personally dragged the game by the scruff of it’s neck, creating greater British public interest when it was needed – particularly when Tennis does battle with far more popular sports during the summer. I know someone who works for the LTA and they (as a body) realise how critical and crucial Henman has been for the game. Think back to the days when the ‘locals’ used to drop out in the first round with a mere whimper.

He is not the best (obviously) and he is winding down, but he puts the sport on the front covers and provides entertainment when we need it most. Would you rather he had not played and we were left with the lowly qualifiers/wildcards who didn’t stand a chance of progressing at all?

You are criticising the fans, merely for showing a bit of passion and bravado. Tennis has evolved and gradually more and more people are becoming interested in the sport.
You are wildly assuming that the Henman fans know nothing about tennis - Maybe they don’t know as much about the sport or as much as you, but at least they are there putting some much needed money into the game.

I will leave it up to Tim to decide when he has had enough. He is a very honourable man and will not overstay his welcome. He proved that he still has the ability to play at this level, but alas he was not quite good enough to defeat a Lopez, who played a very good game of tennis.

Murray said if it wasnt for Tim and Greg he would not be playing tennis.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports