Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tim

Trouble is with you Icy, is you don't know what I am talking about, so you don't know what you are talking about either. It's a sport where you want the best players to reach the top.
QUOTE]

With an attitude like that I think you may be following the wrong football team, if not being the best brings hoots of derision on the player/s and the fans who are enjoying themselves from you. You'd best pop up to Chelsea with Dwayne next season NMH as I wouldn't like to think of you berating an Albion team and manager for not being worldbeaters.... oh hang on you've already done that last season ..:lolol:

Sorry, I just can't relate to you happy clappers :clap2: who readily accept whatever is put in front of you, even if it is a rather poor second best.
As for the Albion, I'm also pleased not to be the sort to just accept whoever and wherever they want to take the team I pay to watch. (In Archer Bellotti you trusted? Oh well) (and you loved Magoo? that's another "oh well" for you then)
Yes, I am pleased to be among the sort who prefer better tennis - like that which was served up yesterday by Tipsarevich and Gonzalez - exempliary stuff, that just shows exactly what you poor saps were pleased to cheer, in double-faults and such high-grade tennis as HEN fans were so pleased with. :dunce:

Nope, I'll watch the Tipsarevic v Gonzalez grade any day, not in the least bit sorry that Wimbledon is over for you and timid Timmy :bigwave: .....and the people who REALLY DO cheer double faults, yell between and during, and blither on jingo-istically about how sublime it is that Hen barely managed to beat a 'former great player' and has squeeked through tournaments right up to the points where he met someone who could really play better tennis. :ohmy:

Lopez saved his best to last, and simply overpowered the lightweight Hen when he needed to.

Hen Hen Hen Hen hen he he he h h h h h ..... *

On to better players, and I expect all those tossers and twats with the gay union gay jacks gay, to slink off saying there's nothing left to take interest in. wankers.

:thumbsup: bye Icy.
I'll let you know who won the final this year - and by the way, Hen won't be winning it next year, or any time after that.
Enjoy your lower standards! :bigwave:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
NMH - you are now wrongly assuming that those who support Tim, do not appreciate the game. The beauty of Tennis, cricket and in a sense Rugby, is that followers can appreciate the opposition.

If you really want to have a dig at fans for supporting a loser and failing to appreciate the opposition then you are definitely in the right forum.

NMH - you are now wrongly assuming that those who support Tim, do not appreciate the game. The beauty of Tennis, cricket and in a sense Rugby, is that followers can appreciate the opposition.

If you really want to have a dig at fans for supporting a loser and failing to appreciate the opposition then you are definitely in the right forum.

Nice condensing of things there BoF, leaving out the crunchy centre of the matter altogether. But hey, if that line suits your point-of-view, then why not if it works for you.

"yes, myopic NMH digs at anyone supporting a losing player or team"

er..... thaaaaat's riiiiiiiight :glare:

I have seen American Open matches where the crowd actively tried to put the opponent off altogether! Jeering and cat-calling, ironic cheers etc, when the opposing player's only 'crime' was to be beating his opponent.
In one instance, Connors was encouraging it, and trying to piss his opponent off simply because he had a mob doing it as well.
Another time, Agassi, who wasn't even originally American (only grafted in as a yank because he was obviously going to spank the shit out of their players for a couple of decades) was losing to a South African Wayne Ferreira. It was looking like a certainty, til the crowd got on Ferreira's back big-time. It was one of the worst displays of poor crowd conduct I have ever seen - but Agassi, who I'd consider a fair player, lapped it up. I suppose there wasn't going to be much he could do to stop it, and he only had everything to gain from it. Agassi won that one in the end, sadly. Ferreira understandably got nervous, put off by the awful behaviour, and tightened up.

Most players might cite it as 'all a part of the game', and they are probably right.

Part of Hen's game, is putting easy balls, from the net, straight back in the path of the opponent like he's a deer caught in headlights, as well as wide attempts at passing shots because he's concentrating on the opposing player rather than where he needs to hit the ball. He has trouble getting enough pace or enthusiasm up to get to balls, and rather than reading his opponent, he appears to just 'see what happens' when he gets on the court. He's not a sharp player, and it's also a good bet that he'll serve a second down the middle if his first serve doesn't go in.

He's just not all that good.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
He's just not all that good.

Selling him short.

In his pomp he was very good at Wimbledon and if things had gone his way, could have been a finalist/winner.

Four quarter finals and four semi-finals speaks for itself. Far more than many others that have graced Wimbledon. Sure, his time is passing, but support should not be withdrawn. Afterall, as Kinky said, without TIm we may not have had someone like Murray to carry on the 'tradition'.

If we need Tim before anyone else even decides to compete in the game of tennis, then we really are a sad lot.

I would've thought watching Federer or Nadal, or any one of the great foreign players that have gone before, is enough incentive to excite a young hopeful's imagination. Not to dismiss Hen from the list altogether, but the fact that he's British shouldn't make one whit of difference.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here