Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Thomas Tuchel **Appointed England Manager 15/10/24**

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
there's a certain logic here: Southgate was widely disliked as manager but got us to a couple of finals. go out further on the dislike scale and it's a sure thing we'll win something right?

Southgate wasn't disliked as a person, he seems like a decent guy. It was his tactical knowledge that was questioned. Tuchel doesn't seem like a decent guy, and I don't think his style of football is what England needs.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Southgate wasn't disliked as a person, he seems like a decent guy. It was his tactical knowledge that was questioned. Tuchel doesn't seem like a decent guy, and I don't think his style of football is what England needs.
This. Don't think he is the right personality for the current team either. He is a dikchead liked by dickhead players and the current England team doesn't have a lot of dickheads. His favorite, Raheem Sterling, will probably be back though.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Personally I expected England to go with another English manager and then Potter would have been one of very few candidates. Didn't expect the English FA to take the easy route and appoint the biggest available name. Thought they had learned something from the Capello fiasco but nopes.
Just what I was thinking, it's a Capello type appointment all over again, picking an available foreign manager who' s had reasonable success at club level doesn't qualify you to manage at International level.

Awful appointment

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Just what I was thinking, it's a Capello type appointment all over again, picking an available foreign manager who' s had reasonable success at club level doesn't qualify you to manage at International level.

Awful appointment
What does qualify you to manage at international level?

If "being successful" is the wrong criteria then what do you want?

Apart from being one of those bloody FOREIGNERS, Tuchel couldn't be any more different to Capello if he tried.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Isn’t Tuchel’s new partner London based. Must suit him to be able to base himself in London and get paid £4-5m a year to go and watch a few games, with most probably being in London.
I find him a very defensive coach with a very spiky personality.
Couldn’t win the Bundesliga with Bayern Munich. The first Bayern manager to do this in 11 seasons.
Surely we should be looking at the best English manager who the FA can recruit.

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
Can’t stand him. That period during COVID as Chelsea boss showed him up for the whingy prick he is.

Not that fussed that he’s German (Klopp would have been great) although it doesn’t help when combined with the above.

Big England fan, going to struggle with this.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Not sure how we and the FA in particular, have arrived at a position where there is no one who is English who is thought to be capable of managing the national team at our national sport. I can't see Spain, Italy, France or Germany going down the same route any time soon. We seem to be stuck in a cycle of repeating the same mistakes over and over again.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
What does qualify you to manage at international level?

If "being successful" is the wrong criteria then what do you want?

Apart from being one of those bloody FOREIGNERS, Tuchel couldn't be any more different to Capello if he tried.
I wasn't comparing him to Cappelo, more that the appoinment was akin to the Capello one.

I'd prefer a more long term plan and system of blooding in new managers through the ranks rather than a knee jerk foreign merry-go-round manager

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Isn’t Tuchel’s new partner London based. Must suit him to be able to base himself in London and get paid £4-5m a year to go and watch a few games, with most probably being in London.
I find him a very defensive coach with a very spiky personality.
Couldn’t win the Bundesliga with Bayern Munich. The first Bayern manager to do this in 11 seasons.
Surely we should be looking at the best English manager who the FA can recruit.
According to BBC Sport

Tuchel's full list of silverware:

• 1x Champions League
  • 1x FIFA Club World Cup
  • 1x German Champion
  • 2x French Champion
  • 1x German Cup
  • 1x UEFA Super Cup
  • 1x French Cup
  • 1x French League Cup
  • 2x French Super Cup

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports