Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] The Pink Coconut mid 80s

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Used to see Rory in Rounder Records buying. Incredbile DJ. Ended up in Portsmouth of all places.
Rory was ahead of his time in a way. He was openly gay when others would have been reluctant. But everyone who went adored him and simply remembers this charismatic and extreme pleasant person. Other clubs would have not have been keen on some of the tracks he put on now and then :ROFLMAO:

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Replying to the OP I preferred Sherrys to the PC as I was younger and knew more people and when PC came around most of the people I knew were getting married and I was also going to Bentleys, Brighton Belle, Bonsoir, Pallet Rooms and loads more I have forgotten - and a special mention to The Rev in the 70s. Another great place.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Rory was ahead of his time in a way. He was openly gay when others would have been reluctant. But everyone who went adored him and simply remembers this charismatic and extreme pleasant person. Other clubs would have not have been keen on some of the tracks he put on now and then :ROFLMAO:
Everyone at Coasters loved Rory a real charachter

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
1.30 am Pink Coconut lol

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They were bloody gorgeous mate

IMG_2024-10-05-211052.png

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Pink Coconut was never as good as Sherry's, I was a glass collector there so good for getting ladies in free on the guest list.

However Coasters and Rory was always the best

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It was the Paradox in my Brighton days of 96-98. Getting thrown out of there after being chucked out of the Event over the road on the same night ranks as one of my greatest nightclub achievements.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here