Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2024/25 Edition

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Mistley Essex
Went back to Leiston yesterday having moved away in the summer, they were playing Dagenham and Redbridge 2 steps higher . After a slow start and falling behind early we settled into the game and subsequently equalised mid way through 2nd half. Now looked like we were the better team and piled on the pressure but couldn't find the 2nd. The heavens had now opened and I was drenched to the skin, Dagenham broke and scored a 2nd ,that knocked the stuffing out of us . 4th official put up 5 mins injury time and they scored a 3rd, time to head back to the car and get warm . Got home an hour later to find they'd scored 2 more in the dying minutes, obviously fitness told in the end but felt Leiston played very well for 75% of the game and matched their higher league opponents. Overall a decent game which the 5-1 scoreline flattered Dagenham. Glad to get back home to dry out .

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
Went to Horsham ( v Gorleston) in the FA Cup - Horsham won 1-0 and through to the First Round proper for the third time in four years.

Birmingham City at home in the next round please.
The draw, for those keeping a keen eye, is at 7pm-ish today - BBC2.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Crowborough 0-1 Midhurst

Scrappy old game. First half both teams cancelled each other out and I don't recall either keeper having a save to make.

Second half Crowborough made a couple of changes and completely dominated but just lacked the final touch. Midhurst were physical without being dirty and very well organised. Their big centre half who had a touch of Danny Cullip about him won everything.

5 minutes to go the inevitable happened a free kick from the left was headed in. Very much against the run of play but that is the problem with not taking your chances. Crowborough continued to huff and puff but couldn't find the equaliser.

Slightly unfair on Crowborough but I'm sure Midhurst will feel their heroic (at times) defending meant they deserved something out of the game which I wouldn't dispute.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Went to Horsham ( v Gorleston) in the FA Cup - Horsham won 1-0 and through to the First Round proper for the third time in four years.

Birmingham City at home in the next round please.

I went to this game too. Horsham had to be patient but eventually got over the line against a defensively compact Gorleston. Quite fancy going to Chesterfield away in next round.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Yep, and the media have overlooked the footballing backwater of Bristol, where Rovers are at home to Weston-Super-Mare - a coastal town on Bristol's doorstep.
Oh, yes, how did I miss that ? It's a bit like Brighton v Horsham though. More sweet than spicy.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Ramsgate played at Steyning this evening. The Rams were played six, won six before tonight and extended it to seven. Except The Barrowmen were so close to equalising and were ultimately unfortunate to lose. All square at half time the visitors took the lead after a defensive lapse left a very large centre half with a free far post header. After that it was almost all Steyning who failed to take their chances.

The evening soured by a serious looking injury to Alfie Rogers who was levered into the pitch fencing. One of those where the defender knew exactly what he was doing. Shame. Good luck Alfie.

Final score 0-1.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here