Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2024/25 Edition

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
October 26th might be the perfect day for you (assuming you aren't going to the Wolves game) as you'll be able to do both games.

Jarvis Brook are home to Southwater 14:30 kick off.
Crowborough are home to Hassocks 17:45 kick off.
Fyi I'll be doing this

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
thesnlf.co.uk

Friday 11th October
Southern Combination Premier Division

AFC Varndeanians vs Peacehaven & Tel (7.30pm)

Saturday 12th October (3pm unless stated)
Emirates FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round

Plymouth Parkway vs Worthing
Horsham vs Gorleston

National League South
Welling Utd vs Eastbourne Borough

Isthmian Premier Division
Bognor Regis Town vs Canvey Island
Cray Valley PM vs Chichester City
Dulwich Hamlet vs Hastings Utd
Lewes vs Billericay Town
Whitehawk vs Dover Athletic

Isthmian South East Division
Ashford Utd vs Broadbridge Heath
Herne Bay vs Sevenoaks Town
Hythe Town vs Eastbourne Town
Littlehampton Town vs Phoenix Sports
Merstham vs Burgess Hill Town
Steyning Town vs East Grinstead

Bexhill Utd vs Horsham YMCA
Crawley Down Gatwick vs Wick
Crowborough Athletic vs Midhurst & Easebourne
Hassocks vs Eastbourne Utd
Loxwood vs Little Common
Pagham vs Roffey
Petersfield Town vs Lingfield
Haywards Heath Town vs Saltdean Utd
Shoreham vs Newhaven

Southern Combination Division One
Billingshurst vs Seaford Town
Chessington & Hook vs Reigate Priory
Copthorne vs Selsey
AFC Uckfield Town vs Dorking Wanderers B
East Preston vs Worthing Utd
Forest Row vs Godalming Town
Infinity vs Alfold
Montpelier Villa vs Arundel
Oakwood vs Banstead Athletic
Storrington vs Mile Oak

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
thesnlf.co.uk

Friday 11th October

AFC Varndeanians vs Peacehaven & Tel (7.30pm)
A trip to Varndeanians tonight, but then on Saturday I'll be taking a trip with a mate of mine whos a York fan to Biggleswade, to see quite a few Worthing Old Boys and Hinsh in the FA Cup. Biggest gap between teams in the round and looking forward to getting ground 283 ticked off.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I'm making the long trip to Bexhill tomorrow

The Lemming Stomper

Under the flag
Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
After not seeing them as a supporter for 40 years, off to cheer on hometown club Southend at Eastleigh in the FA Cup...

Never been to the ground, so any tips re parking etc most welcome from those in the know

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I couldn't either, until I saw that it was a replacement bus service from Brighton to Lewes. Can't be bothered with that so I guess I'm missing the top of the table clash and staying local.
Ok, thanks for that, I’d decided on Lewes, guess a change of plan, my only bug bear is walking up Wilson Avenue home.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Went to Littlehampton 4-0 Phoenix Sports, notable only for the fact that returning club-legend Joe Benn scored his first goal after almost 2 years out with various injuries. Oh, and for the fact that Phoenix Sports are possibly the worst side I've ever seen playing at this level.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Haywards Heath’s 9-1 victory over Saltdean today shows the gulf in class between top and bottom. Hassocks won too so it remains tight at the top

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Went to ground number 49 in Sussex which was the Polegrove, home of Bexhill United for their SCFL Premier League clash with Horsham YMCA

Didn't pay much attention to the game as I was so mesmerized by the stunning mock Tudor main stand which dominates the ground. Otherwise it's standing on the other 3 stands which I think other than on a game day is basically a public park

Upon entry (£7) there was a really nice football book stall which my Reading supporting mate was loving as there was a Robin Friday book on sale for a quid

The ground is very close to the sea, possibly the nearest to the channel in all of Sussex, and also quite close to the bright lights of downtown Bexhill

A little bit how Brazil struggle when they go away to Bolivia, the north Sussex YM struggled throughout with the harsh coastal breezy conditions despite probably being the better side

It was 0-0 at half time and I was fearful that this would be my first goalless draw of the year, but thankfully the home side went 1-0 up shortly into the second half. YMs keeper then got sent off not long after which resulted in one of footballs finest sights- an outfield player going on goal and to be fair he did well but his side were unable to equalise

Bovril was a stunning £1, the excellent clubhouse also had a club branded helles lager and an IPA on tap in their great clubhouse

Would of course recommend the main stand, it's in my top 5 stands of the season with:

-main stand at Hastings
-ridiculous two tiered stand at Newhaven
-behind the goal terrace at Lewes
-brutalist main stand at Horsham YMCA

Got back from Plymouth Parkway about an hour or so ago. When I went there in January to see us play Truro - whilst they were groundsharing there - I didn't expect I'd be making that trip again in the same calendar year, but the magic of the Cup throws up all kinds of surprises!

Still as nice a setup as I remember from my last visit, albeit much busier given it was actually Parkway at home, and they'd made a real push to get the community to the game with Argyle not in action. Most of the locals were welcoming as tends to be the case 9 times out of 10 at Non-League level, bar an uncomfortable first half near some day trippers who'd clearly never been to a NL game in their life and whose idea of banter was, to put it lightly, pathetic.

On the pitch, the lads put in a good shift throughout the 90 minutes (including another sublime Jack Spong set piece) and we're in the hat for Monday's draw. Won't put any expectations on who I'd actually like us to get, because the possibility of another trip to Alfreton is there and I don't want to jinx it 😆

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Went to Littlehampton 4-0 Phoenix Sports, notable only for the fact that returning club-legend Joe Benn scored his first goal after almost 2 years out with various injuries. Oh, and for the fact that Phoenix Sports are possibly the worst side I've ever seen playing at this level.
Coached, I believe, by Rooks legend and green fingered vegetable botherer / solicitor Bradly Pritchard?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Another lesson in finishing for the Barrowmen in a 2-3 loss at home to East Grinstead. We’re hopefully not far off the pace but there’s a big jump in the speed teams move the ball and take their chances. Very entertaining game. And the Wasps are a friendly lot. An enjoyable afternoon.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Went to ground number 49 in Sussex which was the Polegrove, home of Bexhill United for their SCFL Premier League clash with Horsham YMCA

Didn't pay much attention to the game as I was so mesmerized by the stunning mock Tudor main stand which dominates the ground. Otherwise it's standing on the other 3 stands which I think other than on a game day is basically a public park

Upon entry (£7) there was a really nice football book stall which my Reading supporting mate was loving as there was a Robin Friday book on sale for a quid

The ground is very close to the sea, possibly the nearest to the channel in all of Sussex, and also quite close to the bright lights of downtown Bexhill

A little bit how Brazil struggle when they go away to Bolivia, the north Sussex YM struggled throughout with the harsh coastal breezy conditions despite probably being the better side

It was 0-0 at half time and I was fearful that this would be my first goalless draw of the year, but thankfully the home side went 1-0 up shortly into the second half. YMs keeper then got sent off not long after which resulted in one of footballs finest sights- an outfield player going on goal and to be fair he did well but his side were unable to equalise

Bovril was a stunning £1, the excellent clubhouse also had a club branded helles lager and an IPA on tap in their great clubhouse

Would of course recommend the main stand, it's in my top 5 stands of the season with:

-main stand at Hastings

-main stand at Hastings
Was at the same game . Horsham started stronger , were the better side in the first half despite being held up in traffic and barely having time to warm up
2nd half Bexhill's no. 9 Aaron Capon was a real handful for the visitors defense and scored the only goal .
Decent attendance on a gloomy afternoon of 253

rsz_b1(3).jpg

rsz_b2(3).jpg

rsz_b3(1).jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here