Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Labour Government

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
It’s amazing how so many people on here feel such sympathy for billionaires, private schools and large corporations. Then express surprise that a Labour government might pick on them.

What next, I wonder, siding with the racist rioters because it was EVIL STARMER who locked them up?
No sympathy from me for billionaires (they do tend to pay a LOT of tax though - but could afford to pay more)

Private schools - it's the politics of envy - and will actually put burden on state schools - big issue too for parents of SEN kids who send their kids to private schools - BTW my son went through state school but I have no issue with private education or private healthcare for that matter.

Large Corps. Yes, make sure they pay their fair share of tax - but it's small businesses that will be especially hard hit by NI increases - what do we do - pass on costs to customers, employ less peple, or award lower pay rises to staff?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
It’s amazing how so many people on here feel such sympathy for billionaires, private schools and large corporations. Then express surprise that a Labour government might pick on them.

What next, I wonder, siding with the racist rioters because it was EVIL STARMER who locked them up?
I have no sympathy for billionaires, private schools (or the people that send their kids there) or large corps, i DO HAVE SYMPATHY for pensioners though

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No sympathy from me for billionaires (they do tend to pay a LOT of tax though - but could afford to pay more)

Private schools - it's the politics of envy - and will actually put burden on state schools - big issue too for parents of SEN kids who send their kids to private schools - BTW my son went through state school but I have no issue with private education or private healthcare for that matter.

Large Corps. Yes, make sure they pay their fair share of tax - but it's small businesses that will be especially hard hit by NI increases - what do we do - pass on costs to customers, employ less peple, or award lower pay rises to staff?
Can you stop posting such sensible comments ..please 😉

ps ive quite a soft spot for one billionaire

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I have no sympathy for billionaires, private schools (or the people that send their kids there) or large corps, i DO HAVE SYMPATHY for pensioners though
All of them ?

I love my mother and father in law, but he made no secret of spending his WFA on premium bonds, while enjoying 2 holidays a year and rattling around in their 4 bedroom 3/4 million pound house, all this when I am having to sub my lad who lives in a flat in Hove he earns good money but has rent at £1400 a month.

Don’t get me wrong they worked all their lives for what they have and good luck to them, but do they need a £200 benefit ?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
All of them ?

I love my mother and father in law, but he made no secret of spending his WFA on premium bonds, while enjoying 2 holidays a year and rattling around in their 4 bedroom 3/4 million pound house, all this when I am having to sub my lad who lives in a flat in Hove he earns good money but has rent at £1400 a month.

Don’t get me wrong they worked all their lives for what they have and good luck to them, but do they need a £200 benefit
i bet they had loose change from all those premium bonds and two holidays a year from their £200 😂

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
All of them ?

Don’t get me wrong they worked all their lives for what they have and good luck to them, but do they need a £200 benefit ?
Some do.

Some don't.

Cut off point FAR too low.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Some do.

Some don't.

Cut off point FAR too low.
I would imagine that a few charities may miss out on some £200 donations around December time.
My M and D always donated the equivalent of theirs to the Salvation Army, not that they are mega loaded but they felt the didn’t desperately need it. Couple of Uncles donated theirs too, one to RNLI and the other to Barnardos.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Interesting leaks coming out of today’s Cabinet meeting as budget details are shared.

Seems like it’s far, far from a happy and united ship…

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The Daily **** whipping up another gammony storm

IMG_3939.jpeg

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

This is very good news, makes the business case for HS2 much stronger and keeps the option of revisiting the cancelled northern extension (one of the most stupid decisions taken in recent years) at a later point

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here